PDA

View Full Version : Twinkie Clincher. Would You like to see them Clinch Here?

Hangar18
09-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Frankieforlife brought up a Good Point in another thread.
Would YOU the SOX fan like to see them Clinch at Comiskey? On the Field?
In our faces? I would personally LOVE to see that happen .........
So that the SOX and Jerry Reinsdorf can see personally, What Couldve Been ....

Rocky Soprano
09-17-2004, 04:31 PM
HELL NO! Yes they are the better team and yes they have put us to shame but I dont want them celebrating on our turf. The Sox better show up to play those 3 games! :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2004, 04:37 PM
You would have to be a masochist to want to watch Gardenhire's bitches clinch inside the Cell. You would have to be a sadist to want any other Sox Fan be forced to watch it. I guarantee I won't watch *any* Sox game where Minnesota's magic number is 2 or less.

We had *nothing* to do with creating the three-leggged mongrel of a ballclub 24 seasons of Jerry Reinsdorf ownership created for us. Any Sox Fan would be sadly mistakened to think that miserable owner of ours would change one single thing about what he has done simply because his fans were embarrassed for one night by our closest rivals inside our own ballpark.

:reinsy
"Whaddya mean it's not your fault? IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Rex Hudler
09-17-2004, 04:40 PM
I saw the Red Sox clinch a playoff spot at Comiskey a few years ago. No one was there to see it, so it was no big deal. Will there be anyone there this year?

mealfred13
09-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm all for the Sox throwing the next couple games so Minnesota Clinches before they get here....lol.

Then we'll be playing for nothing, and maybe a fight or two will break out.

FanOf14
09-17-2004, 04:43 PM
I think if the Twinks did/do it would hurt the fans a heck of a lot more than the players or management...

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm all for the Sox throwing the next couple games so Minnesota Clinches before they get here....lol.

Good thinking, Fred. Best idea I've read on this thread yet.

Throw these meaningless games. When they arrive hungover Monday night, Gardenhire can make the tough choice. Either rest his bitches inside the safety of the dugout... or have a dozen or so thrown behind their heads.

Torii wants to be a man. Come on, Torii. Step to the plate.
:wink:

Foulke You
09-17-2004, 06:51 PM
You would have to be a masochist to want to watch Gardenhire's bitches clinch inside the Cell. You would have to be a sadist to want any other Sox Fan be forced to watch it. I guarantee I won't watch *any* Sox game where Minnesota's magic number is 2 or less.

We had *nothing* to do with creating the three-leggged mongrel of a ballclub 24 seasons of Jerry Reinsdorf ownership created for us. Any Sox Fan would be sadly mistakened to think that miserable owner of ours would change one single thing about what he has done simply because his fans were embarrassed for one night by our closest rivals inside our own ballpark.

"Whaddya mean it's not your fault? IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"
Amen, the thought of little Torii and little Jacque Jones sticking it to us in our own building makes my stomach turn. :angry: Please let them clinch elsewhere.

beckett21
09-17-2004, 07:56 PM
In our faces?
Ummm.....Hell no? :?:

For all intents and purposes they have already clinched by beating the tar out of Ozzie's crew of gutless, spineless wonders the past three games. I've seen all I need to see this season; I don't need my nose rubbed in it any more than necessary thank you very much.

Viva Magglio
09-17-2004, 09:48 PM
A number of years back, I saw Cleveland clinch the division at the Cell. It made me sick to my stomach.

Soxzilla
09-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Whats all this talk about minnesota clinching?!?!

My plan is for the white sox to clinch at kaufmann.....I mean, what else would happen?

Gosox1917
09-18-2004, 12:09 AM

That's true...remember when the Sox clinched in 2000 and we had to go to cle. for a makeup game...the Indians lost thier tempers and it was fun to watch. Unfortunately, we'll be on the other side of this but I wanna see Borchard hit something...like Torri Hunter's face. HA!

MRKARNO
09-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Good thinking, Fred. Best idea I've read on this thread yet.

Throw these meaningless games. When they arrive hungover Monday night, Gardenhire can make the tough choice. Either rest his bitches inside the safety of the dugout... or have a dozen or so thrown behind their heads.

Torii wants to be a man. Come on, Torii. Step to the plate.
If Gardy rests Torii, then we should throw towards the dugout

balke
09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
If Gardy rests Torii, then we should throw towards the dugout
Hehe. :duck:

Frankfan4life
09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
So that the SOX and Jerry Reinsdorf can see personally, What Couldve Been ....Err... it's Frankfanforlife, Hangar (Frankfan for short). As I said in that thread, I would dread witnessing the Twinkies clinching the division title on our turf. I recently returned from the awe-inspiring loss to Detroit today and let me tell you, no matter how bad the Sox are, the fans still wanted the Sox to win. Losing makes me feel bad and winning makes me feel good. It's that simple. Losing to the hated Twins makes me feel real bad but losing to them while they celebrate a third division title in a row would be very painful to watch. I have tickets for the 9-22 game and having to witness something like that would be hard to stomach.

I agree with PHG, having the Twins clinch the division at The Cell would hurt the fans the most. The only way to avoid this travesty is for the Sox to sweep the Twins or for the Sox to lose the next two games to Detroit while the Twins win at least one of their next two games (the latter seems more likely).

OurBitchinMinny
09-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Seriously who is voting yes in this poll? Who wants to see anyone celebrate on your home turf, let alone your arrogant rival?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Seriously who is voting yes in this poll? Who wants to see anyone celebrate on your home turf, let alone your arrogant rival?Sorry, I can't tell you. However polls like this serve a fine purpose for helping the moderators with board administration, if you know what I mean.

They fall into two categories: Crossdressing trolls and lily-livered Sox Fans. All too often there is no real difference between them. I sure as hell can't tell the difference.

What a sad state of affairs it is...

Hangar18
09-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I can't tell you. However polls like this serve a fine purpose for helping the moderators with board administration, if you know what I mean.

They fall into two categories: Crossdressing trolls and lily-livered Sox Fans. All too often there is no real difference between them. I sure as hell can't tell the difference.

What a sad state of affairs it is...
I think theres a little Checkbox to let everyone know Who Voted for What,
but If I did that, I think everyone wouldve VOTED NO, no clinch in Chicago.
Its definitely interesting to see our results ........ Dont get me wrong everyone, I want US TO CLINCH. But im just wondering, hoping, praying
that maybe ......Uncle Jerry gets an Epiphany. When Torii Hunter comes racing out of the dugout ....... with a Bottle of Champagne.......spraying everyone and jumping up and down .....(all the while im burning with anger, knowing for the 3rd year in a row, it shouldve been us doing this) maybe,
just maybe ...... Uncle Jerry will Stew in his own Juices, for the 3rd time,
and BE FORCED TO WATCH WHAT HIS NONSENSICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES have done to his team. Maybe, he'll Man Up, and be genuinely Embarrassed (like the Few SOX fans who made the trip) and Declare WAR
and Spend the Money this time .......or I could be dreaming. Sure, it sounds weird to HOPE for a Clincher in our own Park ...... but what can we do? We've tried everything else with this Owner ........

And for the record, Drinking a beer with an angry expression on my face for a few innings at the Dome, a few fans said Cheer Up. What can you say?
Its a game ......but what could we say? Sure is sad when Twinkie fans are
feeling bad for you in a bar and buying you shots :(:

SOXSINCE'70
09-18-2004, 01:08 PM
All i've heard about is "the curse of the bambino" or the :whiner: sCrUBs
and their damn "billy goat" BS. Has anyone noticed that since the Sox
clinched the A.L. Central at the Twinkiedome (in a 6-5,10 inning loss none the less),bad karma has been following them around.They can't beat the Twinkies when it REALLY
counts.I could say the Sox have been cursed since the 2000 ALDS.

But I don't believe in curses. :D: :D: :D: :D:

Nick@Nite
09-18-2004, 08:40 PM
ahem... no

bc2k
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
What is the update on the tragic number? Will the Sox have to sweep the Twins to avoid them clinching at Comiskey?

doublem23
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
What is the update on the tragic number? Will the Sox have to sweep the Twins to avoid them clinching at Comiskey?
Yes.

StillMissOzzie
09-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Would YOU the SOX fan like to see them Clinch at Comiskey? On the Field? In our faces?
I would personally LOVE to see that happen .........
So that the SOX and Jerry Reinsdorf can see personally, What Couldve Been ....
Ya got me wondering now. Maybe the Twinks played their bench in Baltimore just so they could clinch it here, and rub it in our face.

As for JR getting shamed, well, I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

SMO
:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2004, 06:29 PM
What is the update on the tragic number? Will the Sox have to sweep the Twins to avoid them clinching at Comiskey?I believe the number is 2 which means (as others have already noted) the Sox must win all three games to prevent the clinching from occurring on our home field in front of our own fans.

And the eternal soul of Jerry Reinsdorf descends yet another rung into Dante's inferno.
:angry:

"Whaddya talkin' about? If it happens here it is only because you Sox Fans are the ones to blame!"

fuzzy_patters
09-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Personally, I would love to see the Twins clinch at Commiskey. As a fan, I feel the Sox have disappointed me this year, and I think it serves them right to have to watch the Twins celebrate in front of them. I had to watch the stupid Sox all year, so maybe they can watch something discusting themselves. Perhaps, it will anger ownership enough that they will loosen the purse strings next year.

HebrewHammer
09-20-2004, 12:31 AM
So that the SOX and Jerry Reinsdorf can see personally, What Couldve Been ....Hangar, I'm only saying this because I care, there are a lot of decaffienated brands on the market that taste just as good as the real thing.

TommyJohn
09-20-2004, 08:26 AM
I love how all the Reinsdorf haters think that the Twins clinching here will
somehow "punish" him. HUH??? How much rent are you paying in that dream
world you all are living in? (not my line, by the way.) I mean, come on. He
has run the team the same way for years now. The Orioles and Blue Jays
clinched the AL pennant in Comiskey, for pete's sake. Did anything change?
Is he going to see the Twins celebrate, drop to his knees and with tears
streaming down his face, say "I have seen the light. Thank you, Jesus. Let's
stack the roster with blue chip free agents!" Come on. The Twins will clinch
and he'll just walk away, I'm sure. (Although not being a studied expert in the
field of Reinsdorfology, I can't say for sure. But I can say that things will be
pretty much the same next year.)

As for me, no, I do not want the Twins to clinch here. Let them do it
somewhere else. I realize that is asking too much much of this team
now, but hey I guess I'm stuck in my own dream world.

Jerko
09-20-2004, 09:30 AM
I saw the Penguins win the Stanley Cup here in Chicago and THAT is going to be 1000 times easier to take than watching the Twins clinch here.