PDA

View Full Version : Who win will the World Series?

DVsoxfan
09-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Of the choices given...

MRKARNO
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
We really need just one official combined thread for this stuff for Early WS picks

balke
09-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Ya know, I voted Cardinals, I hope for the Cardinals, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers at least got there. Their "bad trade" for Penny seems to have made them even stronger. They matched up well in the 6 games set with St. Louis a couple weeks ago. Man, could you imagine the late inning showdowns of Rivera v. Gagne?

A note about the twins.. isn't Nathan having injury problems right now? That could be a big factor in their bid to advance to the second round.

beckett21
09-17-2004, 07:47 PM
I'll take the A's on a hunch.

The FOBB will never let us hear the end of it. :D:

I like the Cards, but I really feel that whoever wins the AL will be the WS champ this year. The gaudy record means nothing in the postseason. Just ask the Mariners. Oakland and Boston have the best pitching, it will come down to those two I think.

MRKARNO
09-17-2004, 10:43 PM

I like the Cards, but I really feel that whoever wins the AL will be the WS champ this year. The gaudy record means nothing in the postseason. Just ask the Mariners. Oakland and Boston have the best pitching, it will come down to those two I think.
Oakland does not have the best pitching at all this year. Mulder has a 4.13 ERA, Zito has a 4.40 ERA and Harden has a 4.03 ERA. Only Hudson is pulling his weight this year with his 3.36 ERA. The Red Sox' pitching is better with Schilling (3.40 ERA) and Pedro (3.43 ERA). Arroyo has a 4 ERA and Lowe's ERA is for the most part irrelevent because he's been a lot better since the Nomar trade. I would say the Twins also have a pitching staff which matches up with the A's. Santana and Bradke are the only two which probably can match up with Pedro and Schilling.

beckett21
09-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Oakland does not have the best pitching at all this year. Mulder has a 4.13 ERA, Zito has a 4.40 ERA and Harden has a 4.03 ERA. Only Hudson is pulling his weight this year with his 3.36 ERA. The Red Sox' pitching is better with Schilling (3.40 ERA) and Pedro (3.43 ERA). Arroyo has a 4 ERA and Lowe's ERA is for the most part irrelevent because he's been a lot better since the Nomar trade. I would say the Twins also have a pitching staff which matches up with the A's. Santana and Bradke are the only two which probably can match up with Pedro and Schilling.
I'll agree that Oakland's aces do not have the numbers this season. However they are all proven pitchers who have plenty of playoff experience. All they need to do is get hot at the right time. Zito has pitched much better of late, and I still believe Mulder is better than he has shown recently. I will stand by my *prediction*. Again, just a guess here. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

balke
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM

I don't know man, That's a lot of gold gloves, a lot of MVP's, a lot of surprise pitchers, and a lot of chemistry there in the town of St. Louis. I'd like to see any pitcher go through the likes of:

Womack
Walker
Pujols
Rolen
Edmonds
Renteria
Mabry
Molina
P

Unscathed.

The 1-6's power reminds me of how we started the season. You're damn near guaranteed a big inning per game with that string of solid hitters. Cards would rip A's or Twinks apart IMO. It would take a team w/ sluggers like R sox Angels or Yankmees to compete.

Key word to the Cardinals success is chemistry, I don't think anyone matches them there. If it were anyone, admittedly it would be the Twinks. But, like I said, I don't see them even reaching the WS.

SoxFan76
09-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Womack
Walker
Pujols
Rolen
Edmonds
Renteria
Mabry
Molina
P

:?: ................That is a crazy lineup. Oh to think what could of been this year for the Sox. Rowand, Carlos, Maggs, Frank, PK/Womack, Walker etc.

OEO Magglio
09-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Dodgers-Red Sox world series. Red Sox as the champs, the media will have a field day with that but I believe it's going to happen.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-18-2004, 03:18 PM
cards all the way. i believe thatve got real potential and some stellar offense + hitters. theyre the best team in baseball right now. All the scrub fans i talk to think that the cards are going to "flop" right now but i think thats not going to happen.

MRKARNO
09-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Dodgers-Red Sox world series. Red Sox as the champs, the media will have a field day with that but I believe it's going to happen.
I'm not even sure that the Dodgers will make the playoffs. An increasingly likely scenario is the one in which the Giants take the West and the Cubs take the Wild Card