PDA

View Full Version : I like this rumor!

KempersRS
07-25-2001, 02:02 PM
The D-Backs could be shopping Durazo and our name came up. ESPN says the D-Backs might be considering Baldwin and Durazo could come over. I think Durazo will be a great hitter given every day playing time. We can ship Pauly out if we get him and pick up a middle infielder or catcher. I think it'd be a great move.

delben91
07-25-2001, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I would definately go for that trade. Plus, Durazo is a lefty isn't he? We could use some more left handed bats. Plus the prospect of getting a solid SS or C for Pauly would be even better

Iguana775
07-25-2001, 02:12 PM
anyone got info on this guy?? i dont know anything about him. thanks

KempersRS
07-25-2001, 02:24 PM
Durazo has played 109 career games in AA and AAA. Posting a .408 BA and .717 SLG. He has 28 homers over the 109 games and 95 RBI. The D-Backs have used him on and off for the last 2-3 years. This year was going to be his, but they signed Grace as their starting 1stBaseman. His career MLB totals are .288 BA with 30 homers over 180 Big league games. He has been used as a pinch hitter quite a bit and he starts only 1-2 times a week. Again, never had a BA lower than .400 in AA or AAA and is doing fine in the bigs, but doesn't get much playing time. He is currently 25 years old.

Iguana775
07-25-2001, 02:28 PM
damn. i'd be all over that trade like flys on *****. lol

NUCatsFan
07-25-2001, 02:34 PM
July 25: While the Arizona Daily Star reports that the D-Backs have "steadfastly refused all trade offers for Durazo," Jayson Stark reports that he could be moved in a "monstrous deal." Among the names being floated out there are James Baldwin of the White Sox, Albie Lopez of the Devil Rays and Sterling Hitchcock (who starts Wednesday against the D-Backs) or Woody Williams of the Padres. Those names may not be big enough for Arizona to pull the trigger. The Daily Star also reported that Arizona turned down an offer of Jason Isringhausen for Durazo.

I don't think Baldwin alone will be enough. Baldwin and Singleton?

delben91
07-25-2001, 02:45 PM
Baldwin and Singleton?

I'd still go for it. Or possible Baldwin and Perry. However, the contingincy to all of this is that we'd be able to get a good SS or C in exchange for Konerko. Getting Durazo and not being able to deal Konerko would just create that much more of a log jam.

Joel Perez
07-25-2001, 04:56 PM
The air is super thin in Arizona....just like Colorado. Durazo's numbers may reflect that. And just in case if Konerko does get traded to AR for Euribel, why would you do so anyway?

We have :liefer waiting in the wings....and guess what, he's a lefty as well!!!

The trade doesn't make sense. Plus, Arizona was stupid enough in getting Mark Grace because Durazo was injured in 2000.