PDA

View Full Version : Williams Making a Comeback?

RKMeibalane
09-17-2004, 07:08 AM
No, I don't actually think that Kenny Williams is stupid enough to try playing baseball again, but I did find this at the Sox official website:

Power potential: Ken Williams stepped briefly out of his general manager's role Thursday to take 10 or 15 cuts during White Sox batting practice. With Jose Valentin throwing the pitches, Williams cleared the fence in left once and hit three or four more to the warning track. Guillen sarcastically claimed that Williams, who hit .218 with 27 home runs over six seasons, had a better swing Thursday than he did during his playing career.
Maybe KW had himself in mind when he was talking about "grinders."

eriqjaffe
09-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Power potential: Ken Williams stepped briefly out of his general manager's role Thursday to take 10 or 15 cuts during White Sox batting practice. With Jose Valentin throwing the pitches, Williams cleared the fence in left once and hit three or four more to the warning track. Guillen claimed that Williams, who hit .218 with 27 home runs over six seasons, had a better swing Thursday than Jose Valentin, Joe Borchard and Joe Crede.

The solution? Get rid of everybody on the roster whose first name stars with "Jo". It's so obvious now!

Lip Man 1
09-17-2004, 12:07 PM
You forgot the swing that according to the newspapers grabbed the players attention....that's when Williams executed a bunt.

I'm assuming it was a subtle dig at their lack of fundamentals. I'm sure some of the players were hot at being 'shown up.'

Lip

Randar68
09-17-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm sure some of the players were hot at being 'shown up.'
WHAT? Talking about reading your own story into a light-hearted joke...

Sheeesh.

:whoflungpoo

balke
09-17-2004, 12:09 PM
HE LAID DOWN A BUNT!!! :roflmao: hahahahaha!!! That's great.

I'm surprised Jose V. didn't strike out bunting last night. KW is welcome in RF, maybe Ozzie or Joey wanna take SS over for a while.