PDA

View Full Version : managerial solution

OurBitchinMinny
09-17-2004, 01:51 AM
I know this wont happen and maybe ozzie does deserve more time with more his type of players. But i didnt like hire and it looks even worse now. hes just not ready. maybe someday, but not now. Id hire art howe. Hed bring one of the best pitching coaches in the game with him in rick peterson. All they would have to do is hire a hitting coach. Let oz be a bench coach or 3rd base coach. I know it wont happen because that would require money and im sure ozzie will get more than one year.

mdep524
09-17-2004, 01:56 AM
I know this wont happen and maybe ozzie does deserve more time with more his type of players. But i didnt like hire and it looks even worse now. hes just not ready. maybe someday, but not now. Id hire art howe. Hed bring one of the best pitching coaches in the game with him in rick peterson. All they would have to do is hire a hitting coach. Let oz be a bench coach or 3rd base coach. I know it wont happen because that would require money and im sure ozzie will get more than one year.
If the Sox were actually serious about "demoting" Ozzie (and why not? Players can be demoted, why not a manger?), I would say they should try to trade for Lou Piniella from Tampa Bay. Word is he's fed up with the Devil Rays and wants out. He would be a P-E-R-F-E-C-T manager for the White Sox. Then Ozzie, if he would admit he's in over his head, could coach third base or be a bench coach (since Harold reportedly isn't coming back next year). I'd do backflips if this happened, but obviously it won't.

OurBitchinMinny
09-17-2004, 01:59 AM
I know it wont happen, but pinella wouldnt be bad either. The way this team has reacted doesnt reflect well on ozzie. I didnt expect them to win when thomas and maggs went down, but I didnt expect them to be 13 freaking games out either. FLAT OUT EMBARRASSING THEMSELVES NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT. Did you see borchard and valdezs at bats in the ninth. They looked like they wanted to K as soon as possible. Granted neither of them are major league ballplayers, but at least make an effort

balke
09-17-2004, 03:19 AM
If the Sox were actually serious about "demoting" Ozzie (and why not? Players can be demoted, why not a manger?), I would say they should try to trade for Lou Piniella from Tampa Bay. Word is he's fed up with the Devil Rays and wants out. He would be a P-E-R-F-E-C-T manager for the White Sox. Then Ozzie, if he would admit he's in over his head, could coach third base or be a bench coach (since Harold reportedly isn't coming back next year). I'd do backflips if this happened, but obviously it won't.I heard Lou on one of my sirius sports stations in an interview. He said he likes the challenge that coaching The D-rays provides, although it is much more difficult than he had imagined. He also said he likes being closer to home, and is not interested in leaving. I think he's kinda questing or something with the D-Rays, to show off how good a coach he is. For that division, and the D-Rays talent... he's impressed the heck out of me.

Maybe this season was really all Joey Cora's fault? Fire him, Ozzie you got your old position back bud. Win us some games with your gut decisions at third.

Fungo
09-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I heard Lou on one of my sirius sports stations in an interview. He said he likes the challenge that coaching The D-rays provides, although it is much more difficult than he had imagined. He also said he likes being closer to home, and is not interested in leaving. I think he's kinda questing or something with the D-Rays, to show off how good a coach he is. For that division, and the D-Rays talent... he's impressed the heck out of me.

Maybe this season was really all Joey Cora's fault? Fire him, Ozzie you got your old position back bud. Win us some games with your gut decisions at third.I think you were being sarcastic with the Joey Cora comments, but that is one guy from this coaching staff that I would keep. He's been on all year & I for one have been very impressed.

kittle42
09-17-2004, 09:41 AM
If the Sox were actually serious about "demoting" Ozzie (and why not? Players can be demoted, why not a manger?), I would say they should try to trade for Lou Piniella from Tampa Bay.
Do we have anyone the caliber of a Randy Winn?

thepaulbowski
09-17-2004, 09:47 AM
All I have to say is....

:threadsucks

Only because there is no "This Thread is Stupid" tag.

OurBitchinMinny
09-17-2004, 12:17 PM
All I have to say is....

:threadsucks

Only because there is no "This Thread is Stupid" tag.

Yeah ozzie really has done hell of a job this year. You are right. I like a baseball team that quits when it faces a little bit of adversity. Get his bust ready for cooperstown

Baby Fisk
09-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Lou Piniella is staying where he is...

Two more years with Tampa (http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tb/news/tb_news.jsp?ymd=20040914&content_id=858080&vkey=news_tb&fext=.jsp)