PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter, "The Twins don't talk trash..."

doublem23
09-17-2004, 01:19 AM
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/min/news/min_news.jsp?ymd=20040915&content_id=859387&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp

Little ****in' liar.

BarbG
09-17-2004, 01:21 AM
No, actually, he's a BIG ****in' liar!

dcb33
09-17-2004, 01:26 AM
I have infinite respect for Buehrle because he's been one of the few guys on this team who's actually been a man and stood up for his team by being all over that drillrod Hunter since he plowed over Jamie Burke. The Karma Train runs on a circle track, and I have no doubt Buehrle will make Hunter pay, one way or the other, before all is said and done...

OurBitchinMinny
09-17-2004, 03:02 AM
gotta love buerhles comments last night. may sound like sour grapes and that what tc talk radio said, but hes right. He said that basically thes twins act like its their world series banners from 1987 and 1991. Those guys werent part of that team and they havent won a damn thing. Winning the division is ok, but its not enough. Teams like NY and atlanta dont give a damn about the division. All that matters is the ring and this twinkie group has as many as the white sox

Nate_in_Kansas
09-17-2004, 03:13 AM
gotta love buerhles comments last night. may sound like sour grapes and that what tc talk radio said, but hes right. He said that basically thes twins act like its their world series banners from 1987 and 1991. Those guys werent part of that team and they havent won a damn thing. Winning the division is ok, but its not enough. Teams like NY and atlanta dont give a damn about the division. All that matters is the ring and this twinkie group has as many as the white sox
Still...As unrealistic as I know it sounds, it would be nice if both sides could just play the game on the field and shut their mouths. In my opinion, Torri's hit on Burke was not bush league, just hard baseball. So was the retaliation pitch by Garcia. No one was trying to hurt the other...just play the game the way should play it. But then both Hunter and Buerhle gotta go say stupid things and make themselves and their teams sound idiotic.

Here's my ultimate wish: That both teams would stop disrespectin', give credit where it's due, and then shut up.

Lem_Siddons
09-17-2004, 05:03 AM
It is getting frustrated losing to the same team in back to back to back seasons. They won, again, move on. I'm so sick about this season I may not even follow the playoffs.

I actually hope Minny wins the WS. Nothing messes up a MLB team that winning a WS. Get all those egos feelin' good. A few players will begin to think that management isn't offering them the respect they believe they deserve, salary demands go up.

gosox41
09-17-2004, 08:15 AM
It is getting frustrated losing to the same team in back to back to back seasons. They won, again, move on. I'm so sick about this season I may not even follow the playoffs.

I actually hope Minny wins the WS. Nothing messes up a MLB team that winning a WS. Get all those egos feelin' good. A few players will begin to think that management isn't offering them the respect they believe they deserve, salary demands go up.
As long as it's not the Cubs it doesn't matter to me.

Bob

LincolnSquareOz
09-17-2004, 08:31 AM
I hope they win it all too. It will show us that you can win by bunting, moving guys over, stealing bases, playing solid defense, having depth in the bullpen, utilizing your farm system to compensate for a smaller payroll, not overpaying for marginal players, running out ground balls...

Soxzilla
09-17-2004, 09:53 AM
I hope they win it all too. It will show us that you can win by bunting, moving guys over, stealing bases, playing solid defense, having depth in the bullpen, utilizing your farm system to compensate for a smaller payroll, not overpaying for marginal players, running out ground balls...
:hawk
"Ozzieball! .....wait a minute..."

Lip Man 1
09-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Hunter is incorrect in his assesment. Minnesota has been mouthing off as long as the Sox. However as long as they keep beating the Sox out, they are allowed to say whatever the hell they want.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it' - Joe Namath.

I again suggest the Sox players, organization and fans just shut up and use their energies towards figuring out a way to beat these guys where it counts, on the field and in the standings.

Lip

Foulke You
09-17-2004, 07:57 PM
I envision a beautiful day when it is the Twins who are watching us pound the stuffing out of them in September on our way to the playoffs. Ironically enough, it did happen in 2000 as we clinched in the Metrodome as the Twins were an up and coming bunch at the time and weren't our biggest rivals as they are now. Did that day set the seeds for Minnesota to get pumped up about hating us? Who knows. I only wish we had all our guns in place (Maggs, Frank) for the whole season to see where we could have stood against them this year. We may never know as it sounds as if an overhaul is on the horizon. Let's hope Kenny Williams has a good plan and gets a slight boost in payroll next year.

Brian26
09-17-2004, 09:45 PM
I don't know how Hunter can deny it when it was clear to anyone watching the game on Tuesday night that he was jawjackin' after he hit the double off Garcia.