PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Please make it stop postgame thread

chisoxmike
09-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Sox dont show up in Minnesota (actually havent shown up since August), only 17 more to go.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:hawk
"We gone."

JB98
09-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Sox dont show up in Minnesota (actually havent shown up since August), only 17 more to go.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:hawk
"We gone."

Well, they were 8-3 the first 11 games in September, so I wouldn't say they haven't shown up since August. The last four games, however, the effort has been an embarrassment. I'm disappointed, but not the least bit surprised.

Lip Man 1
09-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Outscored 26-4 in the series. Way to show some heart fellas.

This club will have a losing record this season.

Gutless buffoons.

Lip

JuanAgosto
09-16-2004, 09:41 PM
It's 7-1 in the eighth inning and we intentionally walk Torii Hunter to load the bases for JustinCredibleMorneau? We deserved to have those last three runs scored on Morneau's double. Sheesh, if you wanna put Hunter on base, drill him in the ass, OK?:dtroll: :bandance: :supernana:

LASOXFAN
09-16-2004, 09:53 PM
beyond disgusting. these last three games leave you wondering how many years it's going to take to turn things around. And before some jackhole brings up mags and frank may i be the first to tell you to shove it. The twins are in another league and the sox have a long, long way to go before they can compete with this team or any other division leader for that matter. The Tribe and Tigers are on the rise and should challenge in the next year or so.

But Kenny Williams must go. If he calls this talent...:?:

Whitesox029
09-16-2004, 09:59 PM
It was bad before but man this is just downright embarrassing.

Patrick134
09-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Frank and Mags may be a broken record, but them missing so many games is beyond huge. Look at the decent numbers konerko had...with the big 2 gone , all of the sudden you can pitch around Konerko more... so right there, he could have had even better numbers. The sox put up a valiant effort right after Frank and Mags went down, but it was just too much over the long haul. Guys like Gload and Timo are excellent as extra guys/role players, but they aren't guys that should be starting every day. Not to metion the trickle down of having less run scored make the pitchers press too much and screw up more often.

misty60481
09-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Also add the fact that Everette, both Alamars, were completely useless to us this year....

JuanAgosto
09-16-2004, 10:06 PM
The Twins have been without Joe Mauer, who would have been AL Rookie of the Year, for most of the season. 3B Cordel Koskie has been injured almost as much as he's been healthy. LF Shannon Stewart was out for the entire first of the season. 2B Luis Rivas has missed several weeks. Our favorite Torii Hunter did early-season time on the DL. Joe Mays, whom the Twins don't need to think about anymore, had Tommy John surgery and has missed the season. Guys get hurt, other guys have to step up. When the best you can do for replacements are Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar, it's pretty shameful, don'cha think? That would be like the Twins bringing back Todd Walker and Chuck Knoblauch to fill in for their injured.

OurBitchinMinny
09-16-2004, 10:06 PM
It's 7-1 in the eighth inning and we intentionally walk Torii Hunter to load the bases for JustinCredibleMorneau? We deserved to have those last three runs scored on Morneau's double. Sheesh, if you wanna put Hunter on base, drill him in the ass, OK?:dtroll: :bandance: :supernana:
Morneau had a little help on that double by a guy named aaron rowand.

Mots09
09-16-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't think there were any Sox fans booing him.....

He is a schmuck and I hope I never see him in a Sox jersey ever again...

JGarlandrules20
09-16-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't think there were any Sox fans booing him.....

He is a schmuck and I hope I never see him in a Sox jersey ever again...Ok, blame Garland...when the team only gets 4 hits off Kyle Lohse and only 4 runs this entire series.

bj'sforTorii
09-16-2004, 11:26 PM
The Sox and their fan (me included) can finally put to rest the Frank and Mags thoery that they are better than the Twins. At least I hope so. This was pathetic and please rebuild, who cares if they finish in 4th or 5th next year. They prob won't finish in second this year anyways. I am starting to think the Twins have a great chance. Some AL Central Pride anyone?

kittle42
09-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Everette
Who?

both Alamars
Who?

chisoxmike
09-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Some AL Central Pride anyone?
No... I'll never root for the Twins or any other rivial. If the Yankees and Twins end up playing in the playoffs... as it pains me to say this... go yankees. If it was twins vs. cubs... god help us all.

JB98
09-17-2004, 12:06 AM
No... I'll never root for the Twins or any other rivial. If the Yankees and Twins end up playing in the playoffs... as it pains me to say this... go yankees. If it was twins vs. cubs... god help us all.
I rooted for the Yankees against the Twins last year, and I'm not ashamed to say I'd do it again. I would root for the Twins if they played the Cubs in the World Series, though. As much as I hate the Twins, my hatred for all things Cubs is at least 100 times greater.

hellenicsoxfan
09-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Whatever happened to Sox Pride? This series was beyond pitiful, beyond pathetic, it was ... well, I can't think of the right word to describe how low things have gotten. Going into the series, I was hoping to see some spark, some fight, some sign of heart. Instead, we got 26-4. The Twins were like the cat toying with the mouse (Sox), slapping it around some before going in for the kill. Instead of worrying about winning, the Sox were too busy talking about how the Twins weren't that good and would lose in the first round of the playoffs. Here's an idea - win something before bad mouthing the team that's been beating the crap out of you for the last three years. I have tickets for tomorrow nights game and for the first time in a long time, I really dread going to the Cell. Maybe I'll feel better after a good night's sleep, but I am so disgusted right now, that I don't care if they trade this whole team away. And while I'm in the mood of cleaning house, Reinsdorf and Williams can go also.

Frankfan4life
09-17-2004, 12:30 AM
The Twins have been without Joe Mauer, who would have been AL Rookie of the Year, for most of the season. 3B Cordel Koskie has been injured almost as much as he's been healthy. LF Shannon Stewart was out for the entire first of the season. 2B Luis Rivas has missed several weeks. Our favorite Torii Hunter did early-season time on the DL. Joe Mays, whom the Twins don't need to think about anymore, had Tommy John surgery and has missed the season. Guys get hurt, other guys have to step up. When the best you can do for replacements are Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar, it's pretty shameful, don'cha think? That would be like the Twins bringing back Todd Walker and Chuck Knoblauch to fill in for their injured.:welcome: JuanAgosto. You made some good points. The problem is how do we field a team as versatile and resilient as the Twins? And when? Or will we ever?

doublem23
09-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Well aside from the obvious fact that Magglio + Frank >>>>> the dopes the Twins lost, they have been extremely lucky to plug guys in who just fit. Lew Ford? Justin Morneau? Augie Ojeda? What the ****? Ten bucks says Ojeda and Ford are both out of baseball in 5 years and Morneau never has a season like this one.

Lucky pricks.

Nate_in_Kansas
09-17-2004, 02:05 AM
Well aside from the obvious fact that Magglio + Frank >>>>> the dopes the Twins lost, they have been extremely lucky to plug guys in who just fit. Lew Ford? Justin Morneau? Augie Ojeda? What the ****? Ten bucks says Ojeda and Ford are both out of baseball in 5 years and Morneau never has a season like this one.

Lucky pricks.I really think it's more about balance than luck. The Twins simply are a more balanced team than the White Sox. They have better pitching and defense, and a lineup of players skilled more in scratching out runs than hitting bombs. That's why they can afford to lose players here and there and not have it affect them so greatly. As a Twins fan, I'm not afraid to admit the truth: The Twins have no two batters who can stack up to Frank and Magglio talent-wise. But the Twins don't need them. They play a different brand of ball, a brand I feel yields more consistent results...The Twins, simply, play a game that yields lots of one and two run decisions, while the White Sox seem to win big and lose big. This means the Twins are 'in' more games than not, while the White Sox are the opposite.

Another element of balance has to do with the farm system...As many Sox fans have smartly stated countless times, KW has traded away too many youngsters--the future--for splashy, short-term solutions. While these moves are supposed to scream "we're contending NOW," in my opinion they compromise the integrity of the whole frachise, from bottom up. What the Twins do right is they find talented players like Ford and Morneau and train them throughout their minor league careers to be fundamentally sound, and therefore be able to fit into the Major League lineup easier when called upon. Simply, they train them to do as little damage as possible by teaching them smart--and aggressive--baserunning and good fielding technique. And in the end, as long as they hit decently they contribute to the team.

In my mind, this is what the Sox should emulate if they want to win. They need to teach their players how to create runs when the big boppers aren't bopping. They need to teach their players to play more consistent defense. Of course they need more pitching, especially in the bullpen. And most importantly, KW NEEDS to stop selling the future...Build up the farm system, and you'll all be amazed at what happens. You'll have a winner for years to come in Chi-town, with still more money than the Twins could ever hope for to lure that OCCASIONAL free agent who might finally put you over the top.

Thanks for letting me put in my two-cents...TTYL :smile:

OurBitchinMinny
09-17-2004, 02:09 AM
KW hasnt really sold the future. Not many of the crappy players heve traded have gone on to do anything. This team just quit. They shouldnt have been expected to win when frank and maggs went down, but they should at least compete. And to compare twins injuries like mauer and koskie to thomas and ordonez is ludricrous. Both are nice players (although mauer hasnt proved anything yet), but you have one sure fire HOFer and another who is on track provided he comes back, missing from the lineup. The sox were a half game up when they went down. Now they are 13 back. They shouldnt be that far back, but the team and ozzie quit

How do you spell gutless?

W-H-I-T-E S-O-X

Nate_in_Kansas
09-17-2004, 02:24 AM
KW hasnt really sold the future. Not many of the crappy players heve traded have gone on to do anything. This team just quit. They shouldnt have been expected to win when frank and maggs went down, but they should at least compete. And to compare twins injuries like mauer and koskie to thomas and ordonez is ludricrous. Both are nice players (although mauer hasnt proved anything yet), but you have one sure fire HOFer and another who is on track provided he comes back, missing from the lineup. The sox were a half game up when they went down. Now they are 13 back. They shouldnt be that far back, but the team and ozzie quit

How do you spell gutless?

W-H-I-T-E S-O-XI agree with you for the most part, ChisoxfaninMinny. But I wasn't comparing any Twin's players to Frank and Magglio. Obviously there presences would have made a big difference for the Sox, more-so than Mauer and Koskie would have made for the Twins. I just think it's sour grapes to keep harping on all of it. In my opinion, the whole White Sox system is screwed up...It invites disaster by placing so much offensive burden on the shoulders of those two talented sluggers. I just think the Sox would be better off balancing everything out more and therefore making injuries like these less destructive than they need to be.

Ultimately, losing two guys of their caliber is going to diminish run production significantly. But that doesn't mean it should stop the Sox from winning.

p.s. A lot of this does have to do with heart, you're right about that. Maybe THAT is the most significant advantage the Twins have had over the Sox...Something not found on any stat sheet, but probably more important than any of those other stats in the end.

bigfoot
09-17-2004, 02:25 AM

Lucky pricks.
Ten bucks? For Cub reject and a OF that will join the other 15-18 Twinkies on the sidelines in 5 years.
As much as this pains me to write, I hope the Yankees(or some other high payroll team) wins the WS. For if some, Twins/A's/Marlins $ range team wins that will only reinforce the JR mindset, that a minimal payroll with proper motivation is all that's necessary to win championships.

balke
09-17-2004, 03:09 AM
The tables were turned for a while with the Twinks and Sox at the beginning of the season. The twinks were missing Stewart the majority of that time, and we were in a great race back and forth. There was a good fill in for him, yes, but Stewart was a monster for them last season.

I said all season, wait til Stewart comes back, and that outfield shows it's range. The range in their outfield is sick. How does anyone hit a double off of them? They have great D, and pitching. I was looking forward to a fully healthy team race between the two of us, but unfortunately that never happened.

I will never be a fan of them. I will root for anyone and everyone else in the playoffs. I still think they are boring as crap to watch, mainly because they control the game with pitching and D. I don't deny they have a good squad. I do hate torii. I do think they go out in the first round.

balke
09-17-2004, 03:10 AM
Ten bucks? For Cub reject and a OF that will join the other 15-18 Twinkies on the sidelines in 5 years.
As much as this pains me to write, I hope the Yankees(or some other high payroll team) wins the WS. For if some, Twins/A's/Marlins $ range team wins that will only reinforce the JR mindset, that a minimal payroll with proper motivation is all that's necessary to win championships.
Calm down, go Cards!!!

LincolnSquareOz
09-17-2004, 11:59 AM

Lucky pricks.Can't agree with you on much here. While Ojeda is a Cub reject/baseball vagabond, It looks to me like Morneau is only going to get better. He could easily be a 35+ hr guy. Ford's got the kind of hustle that few of our guys, 'cept Rowand, know how to play with.

It's not luck. The Twins are patient teachers who develop there talent. It's been working for 5 years now...there is no fluke about it. A lot of it is scouting, coaching, development, etc. We could learn a lot from them. When I saw Guardado, Hawkins, Milton, and Rogers gone after last season I pronounced that team dead in the water...I was obviously very wrong.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2004, 12:10 PM
"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey.

It's not luck when it happens four years in a row folks. That's called planning and execution.

Lip

t0071e
09-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Missing Joe mays has in no way harmed the twins. He sucks. like, bob wells-like suckage.