PDA

View Full Version : 700 Watch

SoxFan76
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Bonds still doesn't have it. We'll see if he gets it today or gets it at home. Either way it is one hell of an accomplishment.

shagar69
09-16-2004, 02:14 PM
wont be getting it today. final AB was a single. finished 3-3 with a 2b and 2 1b

Tekijawa
09-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Anyone else happy that we got Albert Belle instead of this guy? Good choice Frank, I think you've proven that you have the credentials to become the next White Sox GM!

StillMissOzzie
09-16-2004, 02:46 PM
wont be getting it today. final AB was a single. finished 3-3 with a 2b and 2 1b
That's pretty funny, habibharu. I see you've changed your personal profile in the last few days, since you had left all of the incriminating evidence of your alias unchanged until now. You are way too clever!

SMO
:o:

SoxFan76
09-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Anyone else happy that we got Albert Belle instead of this guy? Good choice Frank, I think you've proven that you have the credentials to become the next White Sox GM!
Albert Belle didn't do too bad with the Sox, and who knows how long Bonds would of stayed here with Reinsdorf running the show.

shagar69
09-16-2004, 07:55 PM
That's pretty funny, habibharu. I see you've changed your personal profile in the last few days, since you had left all of the incriminating evidence of your alias unchanged until now. You are way too clever!

SMO
:o: dude i still dont know what the hell youre talking about!! who/what the hell is "habibharu"?:?: :?: :?: :?:

RKMeibalane
09-16-2004, 08:18 PM
At the time Frank made his recommendation, there were a number of people who thought that Belle was on the verge of becoming what Bonds has. Besides, as was pointed out in another post, nobody knows how long Bonds would have stayed in Chicago, given that Reinsdorf owns the team.

StillMissOzzie
09-17-2004, 01:03 AM
dude i still dont know what the hell youre talking about!! who/what the hell is "habibharu"?:?: :?: :?: :?:
dude - I busted you fair & square. Type all the dopey "confused" smilies you want. shagar69 and habibharu had ALL the same personal profile info. I point that out, and miraculously, a few pertinent items get edited. Still can't tear yourself away from those 1917 uniforms, though? Both still at U of I?

PaleHoseGeorge tossed you for a reason, so you came back under a new nom de plume.
Although U of I is a pretty big campus, maybe you'll run into habibharu down there, since you're both Sox fans.

Whatever. Enjoy your new identity while you can. As someone else pointed out, zebras don't change their stripes.

SMO
:gulp:

MRKARNO
09-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm actually glad he didnt hit it in Milwaukee. It seems like all of Bonds' historic home runs have been in at SBC Park and this one will be no exception. I think SBC park is a much cooler park to hit home runs in. When Bonds hit 71 over the top of the high wall in center whose base is 421 feet from the batters box and everyone was going crazy, the "armada" as Jon Miller likes to call it was in full force, and fireworks were going off in the distance in the bay....That is one of the most special moments I have seen in sports history. I hope he hits 700 to McCovey cove as he did 660 (and 661, to the same guy incidentally). Cove shots are among the coolest home runs in the majors, especially Bonds ones because they get out so fast or are just towering shots. Much cooler than homers over the monster.

TommyJohn
09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Anyone else happy that we got Albert Belle instead of this guy? Good choice Frank, I think you've proven that you have the credentials to become the next White Sox GM!Bonds was a free agent after the 2001 season, SF ponied up what,
$18 mil. to keep him? JR would have let him walk, just as Belle did
after 1998. I can't believe that a thread about 700 home runs could
turn into a "let's bash Frank Thomas thread." Your last name wouldn't
happen to be Mariotti, would it?

OK, I'm joking. I just don't see bashing Thomas because they didn't
sign Bonds in 1996.

balke
09-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Bonds was a free agent after the 2001 season, SF ponied up what,
$18 mil. to keep him? JR would have let him walk, just as Belle did
after 1998. I can't believe that a thread about 700 home runs could
turn into a "let's bash Frank Thomas thread." Your last name wouldn't
happen to be Mariotti, would it?

OK, I'm joking. I just don't see bashing Thomas because they didn't
sign Bonds in 1996.
It's so ridiculous even to want Bonds on the sox. He belongs in S.F. It would be a felony to bring him to this team. So we don't have the #1 slugger in baseball. What's so wrong with the #2 slugger in all of baseball? Thomas has a much better history being a good all around guy than Bonds does.

It would've been wicked to see a Thomas-Bonds 3-4 spot though, heh. Best righty on base for best lefty, or vice-versa.

Viva Magglio
09-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Per Hawk...details to follow.

AOEllis
09-17-2004, 10:09 PM
It was a shot to left-centerfield off Jake Peavy.

MRKARNO
09-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Congratulations to Barry Bonds on hitting career home run 700! Babe Ruth, watch out because Barry's coming!

Barry is the best ever and if you're ignoring his accomplishments, you are really doing youself a disservice.

balke
09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Congratulations to Barry Bonds on hitting career home run 700! Babe Ruth, watch out because Barry's coming!

Barry is the best ever and if you're ignoring his accomplishments, you are really doing youself a disservice.
Dang I missed it! I think he did the same exact thing when he was on watch to break Mays' record. He waited for a home game. He loves his fans, I'll give him that. He gives his all to win, and saves the memories for the home crowd.

shagar69
09-18-2004, 03:49 PM
congrats to barry!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

MRKARNO
09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
And on the first pitch to Bonds from David Wells in the second inning of the Giants-Padres....OUTTA HERE!

balke
09-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I really almost feel like he can do it whenever he wants... unbelievable