PDA

View Full Version : Think Jerry/Sox will get "rewarded" for hosting the Marlin/Expos games?

ewokpelts
09-15-2004, 05:33 PM
I think that The Sox will benefit from these two games than just extra beer sales. I have a feeling that Loria will tell Selig(who's already a buddy of the Chairman) to hook up the Sox next year, possibly with scheduling. Who knows, Mebbe the Sox will host the Cardinals and Astros at the cell during interleague play instead of the Reds or the Cubs' AAAA Afilliate, The Pittsburgh Pirates. Or they'll get a weekend series against the Yankees and get to push those "great" Devil Rays to mid-week.
Gene

doublem23
09-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I think you're overthinking this whole situation. Though if the Sox get all their interleague games next season against Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Milwaukee while the Twins play the Cubs, Astros, and Cardinals, I'll be the first to give you props, ewokpelts. :smile:

juanuribe
09-15-2004, 05:45 PM
I think that The Sox will benefit from these two games than just extra beer sales. I have a feeling that Loria will tell Selig(who's already a buddy of the Chairman) to hook up the Sox next year, possibly with scheduling. Who knows, Mebbe the Sox will host the Cardinals and Astros at the cell during interleague play instead of the Reds or the Cubs' AAAA Afilliate, The Pittsburgh Pirates. Or they'll get a weekend series against the Yankees and get to push those "great" Devil Rays to mid-week.
Gene
In regards in IL play, we will once again play 4 NL West teams and the Cu.

Rumor has it Rockies and Dodgers come here.

To (sort of) quote the Soup Nazi, "NO BUMP FOR YOU!"

We'll get nothing except warm and fuzzies for hosting the fish for 2 games.

jenmcm76
09-15-2004, 05:53 PM

The AL Central played the NL West LAST YEAR. MY understanding is that interleague play is on a 3-year divisional rotation. Since they played the NL West last year, and the NL East this year, theyre due to play the NL Central next year.

Wealz
09-15-2004, 06:29 PM
The AL Central played the NL West LAST YEAR. MY understanding is that interleague play is on a 3-year divisional rotation. Since they played the NL West last year, and the NL East this year, theyre due to play the NL Central next year.
That's the way it was originally set-up, but FOX needs its marquee matchups and with the Red Sox playing at Wrigley next year (only two years after the Yankees played there), I bet it is the Dodgers and Rockies coming here.

balke
09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Anything to have the Cell mentioned for something other than a warzone where fans will beat you up.

juanuribe
09-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Your understanding is accurate, however, let's realize we are talking about MLB scheduling execs here and common sense is in short supply.

My source is unimpeachible.

Parrothead
09-15-2004, 11:20 PM

My source said that the Sox indeed do play the west and that they are traveling to Colorado and San Diego. Which I hope he is right because I will go to both, if the scheduling allows it.