PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pirates....You helped the cause last year and are helping again this year.

WSox8404
09-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Seriously, ***? They trade away their best player last year to the scrubs plus too decent ones, and this year they lay down against them. Is there some sort of conspiracy here? The pirates would have been better off forfeiting this games if they were going to play like this. I just can't believe it. If the scrubs make the playoffs this year, that will be two years in a row the pirates helped them make it. Unreal.

Foulke You
09-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Seriously, ***? They trade away their best player last year to the scrubs plus too decent ones, and this year they lay down against them. Is there some sort of conspiracy here? The pirates would have been better off forfeiting this games if they were going to play like this. I just can't believe it. If the scrubs make the playoffs this year, that will be two years in a row the pirates helped them make it. Unreal.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They play inspired great baseball against the Astros and lay down like obedient lap dogs for their annual masters, the Cubs. What a crummy team. At least this year they didn't hand over 3 good players for a box of cracker jacks like last year.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Unlike the Sox the Cubs actually seem to have the ability to beat garbage teams.

Lip

mdep524
09-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Unlike the Sox the Cubs actually seem to have the ability to beat garbage teams.
Well, both the Cubs and Sox lost 2 out of 3 in a series against the Expos, so I don't think anyone should be celebrating too much.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Have you seen the Sox record the past two years against the Tigers? or Royals? How about Tampa Bay? Hell the Sox even lost a game to the Padres last year when they were awful... at home... 1-0 shutout.Lip

OurBitchinMinny
09-15-2004, 10:37 PM
The pirates are basically the cubs AAA team. They give them players to use down the stretch. They lay down when they play them. maybe baker and mcclendon are tight or somethign

Dub25
09-15-2004, 10:55 PM
The Pirates are high on my list of hated teams. Come on, who the hell trades their best players to a division rival. That would have been like K.C. trading Beltran to the Sox or Twins. I understand the Pirates will not spend to be competitive but when your rebuilding it doesn't make sense to me to make your rivals stronger by trading with them. Besides, *** is Bobby Hill doing for them anyway? Screw Pittsburgh, I hate the Steelers and now that there is a Hockey lockout I don't have to watch the Penguins or see any of their mullet head stars from the past. Jagr and the cherry picker Mario Lemiux or however you spell his name.