PDA

View Full Version : My Ideal Ocober 4th...

Tekijawa
09-15-2004, 01:59 PM
The Cubs are forced to play the Marlins to decide if the Marlins are the wild card team or if there will be a 3 team play off Between the Marlins, Astro's, and Giants.

zach23
09-15-2004, 02:12 PM
The Cubs are forced to play the Marlins to decide if the Marlins are the wild card team or if there will be a 3 team play off Between the Marlins, Astro's, and Giants.

My ideal Oct. 1st would be the cubs several games behind all of those teams and out of any wild card contention.
We are having a baby shower at our house on the 3rd for our son who we adopted a few weeks ago. The last thing I want are the cub fans amongst our family and friends rooting for the hateable losers here on the last day of the season. I would rather they are just out of it so they all shut up.
If that last game of the season against the Braves is meaningfull to them, I am going to disconnect the sattelite dish and tell them all it is broke and they can't watch it. I will also unplug the stereo and tell them that is broke too. Let them listen to that crap outside in their cars.

Brian26
09-15-2004, 04:07 PM
My ideal Oct. 1st would be the cubs several games behind all of those teams and out of any wild card contention.
We are having a baby shower at our house on the 3rd for our son who we adopted a few weeks ago. The last thing I want are the cub fans amongst our family and friends rooting for the hateable losers here on the last day of the season. I would rather they are just out of it so they all shut up.
If that last game of the season against the Braves is meaningfull to them, I am going to disconnect the sattelite dish and tell them all it is broke and they can't watch it. I will also unplug the stereo and tell them that is broke too. Let them listen to that crap outside in their cars.

Preach on. My heart and sanity can't take another post season run by these crybabies for at least another decade.

Foulke You
09-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Preach on. My heart and sanity can't take another post season run by these crybabies for at least another decade.Amen. I cannot take the smugness and arrogance of that fanbase and media backers any longer. I keep praying for that one big losing streak for the Cubs that will sink them with a week to go into the season. I was hoping the Pirates would show a little more fight than they are but so far, they are doing the same thing they always do when playing the Cubs. Roll over like obedient lapdogs. The only difference is that this year the Cubs didn't steal 3 players from them.

bigfoot
09-15-2004, 05:08 PM
I like it! And play it at USCF! Sorry about that late hurricane....

Lip Man 1
09-15-2004, 06:54 PM
According to the coin flips today the Marlins would have to come to Wrigley Field for a playoff game. However the Cubs would have to go to Houston, San Diego and San Francisco.

Lip

Gosox1917
09-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Yes...Oct. 4 is also my b-day. Cmon Marlins, give me a good birthday present

DumpJerry
09-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Cubs in the playoffs? Those ***dam* fans getting giddy in public? The media acting freakin' silly? Makes me wanna...........

:chunks

SOXSINCE'70
09-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Cubs in the playoffs? Those ***dam* fans getting giddy in public? The media acting freakin' silly? Makes me wanna...........

:chunks

This whole season with the Sox makes me wanna puke.

SOXSINCE'70
09-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Amen. I cannot take the smugness and arrogance of that fanbase and media backers any longer. I keep praying for that one big losing streak for the Cubs that will sink them with a week to go into the season. I was hoping the Pirates would show a little more fight than they are but so far, they are doing the same thing they always do when playing the Cubs. Roll over like obedient lapdogs. The only difference is that this year the Cubs didn't steal 3 players from them.
The choke will come in the playoffs,sadly.This year,no mercy on my in-laws.When the sCrUbbies choke (they're all sCrUBs fans),they will be seranaded with "Na Na Hey Hey YOU SUCK!!!!!"

davenicholson
09-16-2004, 10:28 AM
If that last game of the season against the Braves is meaningfull to them, I am going to disconnect the sattelite dish and tell them all it is broke and they can't watch it. I will also unplug the stereo and tell them that is broke too. Let them listen to that crap outside in their cars.Zach,

Congratulations on your new addition to your family! Our adopted daughter is now 10 years old (already! :o: ), but I remember the baby shower my coworkers threw for us as if it was yesterday. You sure as hell don't want a cubbie playoff game to pollute your wonderful memories. Congrats again, and here's to your family! :gulp: