PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's "catch"

PorkChopExpress
09-15-2004, 08:31 AM
They have this as one of the highlights on mlb.com. It is such BS! That was a trap if I ever saw one, and it seems pretty apparent on the highlight clip too. Ozzie should have been out there arguing the call. At least pretend that this matters Oz! That is at least the second time Hunter has made a BS play and killed momentum on this team, and the second time Oz did nothing about it.

Fungo
09-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I think Ozzie told the team to bend over and grab their ankles.

It'll be great too, when the Twins win the division at our park next week.

Soxzilla
09-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Ozzie is a *****. He sat there like a coward as the umps manhandled freddy and took him completely out of his game.

What a joke.

YOU COULD AT LEAST DEFEND YOUR DAMN PLAYERS OZ. If not, get the heck out of town.

PorkChopExpress
09-15-2004, 08:42 AM
He sat there like a coward as the umps manhandled freddy and took him completely out of his game.
That was so frustrating to watch last night. I have to give it to Freddy for going so long without letting up a run while totally being screwed at the plate.

cubhater
09-15-2004, 08:50 AM
You got to be kidding me about the 'catch' making highlight?!?!??!

Ozzie looks more and more like the second coming of Manuel. What about the fire he was supposed to bring to the table? He should have been out there raising hell after the play.

Anyone remember Manuel sitting on his butt last year in the dugout after umps robbed Crede of a HR in Baltimore? They called it foul but it was fair by at least 10 feet.

PorkChopExpress
09-15-2004, 08:58 AM
You got to be kidding me about the 'catch' making highlight?!?!??!
The joke is the slow-motion at the end shows the ball bouncing off the ground into his glove.

bluestar
09-15-2004, 10:53 AM
I couldn't watch or listen to the game last night until Garcia was already out. I turned the game on just in time to see Garcia in the dugout obviously upset. I had the stupid feed from Minnesota (I hate those guys!), so I turned it off and listened to Farmer and Rooney. I never heard any comments about the calls, but I saw in some game threads that Hawk was apparently complaining about the umpire.

Can anyone offer any insight to what happened? Did Garcia get squeezed, or did he just fall apart?

mjmcend
09-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I couldn't watch or listen to the game last night until Garcia was already out. I turned the game on just in time to see Garcia in the dugout obviously upset. I had the stupid feed from Minnesota (I hate those guys!), so I turned it off and listened to Farmer and Rooney. I never heard any comments about the calls, but I saw in some game threads that Hawk was apparently complaining about the umpire.

Can anyone offer any insight to what happened? Did Garcia get squeezed, or did he just fall apart?
Oh he got squeezed. There was at least two of the three walks in the big inning that in my opinion after wathcing the replays, that should have been strike outs.

LincolnSquareOz
09-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Garcia had been getting some questionable calls throughout the early part of the game. Most evident was a non-call leading to a walk to Lew Ford in what I believe was the 5th inning. However, Freddy was otherwise cruising through the first 5 and he hadn't given up a hit so it didn't really matter.

The floodgates opened in the 6th after Freddy walked the 8 & 9 hitters on 8 pitches. I think Hawk went way overboard on the umps in this situation. Both walks looked clean. Freddy had Jones beat in the count and could have put him a way with a pitch in the dirt, instead he gave him a high fast ball which Jones took to the opposite field. The rest is history and Hawk and DJ chose to whine about the umps the rest of the way.

FightingBillini
09-15-2004, 11:35 AM

It was the first time I ever saw a pitcher walk 2 guys on 8 straight strikes

jenmcm76
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
It was the first time I ever saw a pitcher walk 2 guys on 8 straight strikes
There was a KC reliever a couple/few years ago who came out and walked 4 consecutive Sox players on 16 pitches. He got yanked before he could throw #17. :smile: I can't remember the pitcher though - anyone else remember this?

BBaum21
09-15-2004, 07:58 PM
There was a KC reliever a couple/few years ago who came out and walked 4 consecutive Sox players on 16 pitches. He got yanked before he could throw #17. :smile: I can't remember the pitcher though - anyone else remember this? The pitcher you're thinking of is Miguel Asencio. The four walks on 16 straight pitches came during his major-league debut on April 6, 2002. The Sox won the game, 14-0.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlbhist/players/gamelog?statsId=6884&year=2002

Soxzilla
09-15-2004, 11:41 PM

He didn't get pitches that any pitcher should get when throwing a no no.

The whole umping staff was awful. And he was taken out of the game, at least, his mind took him out of the game.

You just can't pitch frustrated...