PDA

View Full Version : AloUSureAboutThat?

bc2k
09-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Moises Alou must be the king of check swings. In tonight's game in two separate at bats he hits check swings in play. Both were recorded as easy outs. He also checked his swing at at least two other pitches that he didn't make contact with the ball.

He routinely gets picked off base or doubled-up on fly balls, almost getting picked off of second base again tonight.

He routinely sends rainbows way over the head of his cutoff man, allowing the opposing baserunners a free base.

For a man with so much tenure in the game, he should rarely make any of these errors this deep into his career. For a man who grew up in a baseball family, he should rarely make any of these errors. The fact that he's from a baseball family AND a veteran of the game, should make him about as mentally error-free as any man in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love to see these errors because he's on the Cubs and it reflects poorly on Dusty Baker, but as a baseball fan I find his mental mishaps so boggling.

Blueprint1
09-15-2004, 12:56 AM
the cubs are so darn lucky it doesnt matter it seems like they cant lose lately. Now i have a buddy of mine from college that NEVER watched a game of sports the whole time we were there just IM me on AOL cubs win. Oh yeah thats right he moved down to lincoln park now hes a cubs fan. These bums are going to win the wild card. For the second year in a row the team with the least wins making the playoffs