PDA

View Full Version : Forget Indianapolis... Pirates grab AAA affiliation!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I can't believe our brain dead front office didn't seen the obvious potential of restarting the Sox' long-time AAA affiliation in Indianapolis. The Brewers are out, but Indy has already signed on with Pittsburgh!

Indianapolis signs new deal with Pirates (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/sep04/258618.asp)

On second thought I'm not surprised at all our brain dead front office didn't see the obvious potential.

Idiots... absolute idiots...

:mad:

Daver
09-14-2004, 07:46 PM
I would have to check, but off the top of my head I believe the Sox have a year left with Charlotte as their AAA affiliate.

Kogs35
09-14-2004, 07:49 PM
it was mentioned on whitesox.com that they re-uped with all minor league affilates for a nother year.

owensmouth
09-14-2004, 07:51 PM
I can't believe our brain dead front office didn't seen the obvious potential of restarting the Sox' long-time AAA affiliation in Indianapolis. The Brewers are out, but Indy has already signed on with Pittsburgh!

Indianapolis signs new deal with Pirates (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/sep04/258618.asp)

On second thought I'm not surprised at all our brain dead front office didn't see the obvious potential.

:mad:Why? What makes Indianapolis such an improvement? The way our minor league system has produced under Kenny Williams, we don't really need a triple A team. With the exception of Burke, no one in the system is ready to play in the majors.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Why? What makes Indianapolis such an improvement? The way our minor league system has produced under Kenny Williams, we don't really need a triple A team. With the exception of Burke, no one in the system is ready to play in the majors.Well, can't argue with that.
:cool:

Isn't it funny that Kenny Williams' primary qualification for the Sox' GM job was his alledged expertise recognizing and developing minor league talent. I can't even type the words holding a straight face.

:roflmao:

doublem23
09-14-2004, 08:06 PM
It'd be nice if the Sox could swoop in and nab the affiliation in Peoria. The Chiefs are done with the Cardinals after this year and their owner has made noise about affiliating with the Cubs.

Oh well... It'd be nice to wish.

StillMissOzzie
09-14-2004, 08:06 PM
I would have to check, but off the top of my head I believe the Sox have a year left with Charlotte as their AAA affiliate.
Nope, per www.charlotteknights.com (http://www.charlotteknights.com), the Sox will be affiliated with the Knights through the 2006 season.

August 30, 2004FORT MILL, SC -- The Charlotte Knights and Chicago White Sox announced today that the two clubs have agreed on a Player Development Contract that extends through the end of the 2006 season.

SMO
:gulp:

Hangar18
09-14-2004, 09:06 PM
It'd be nice if the Sox could swoop in and nab the affiliation in Peoria. The Chiefs are done with the Cardinals after this year and their owner has made noise about affiliating with the Cubs.

Oh well... It'd be nice to wish.
PHG hit on something here ........... the BrainDead Front Office needs to move
at least ONE of the AA teams into the area .............. PEORIA is perfect.
If the cubs moved someone there ............... that would be even MORE HORRIBLE for the PR here ........

gosox41
09-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Well, can't argue with that.
:cool:

Isn't it funny that Kenny Williams' primary qualification for the Sox' GM job was his alledged expertise recognizing and developing minor league talent. I can't even type the words holding a straight face.

:roflmao:
Neither can I. Except the difference is you're probably laughing. I get so frustrated I feel like putting my fist through the monitor whenever I read about the great job KW is doing with the minor leagues.

Bob

Tekijawa
09-15-2004, 09:51 AM

Isn't that a little too close to their other AAA team in Pittsburgh?

doublem23
09-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Never mind... (http://www.peoriachiefs.com/)

Clembasbal
09-15-2004, 10:35 AM
There was also talk that a Michigan farm team was opening up, which is also close by...but I guess by reupping the contracts that is out of the picture.

I personally think that, though our farm team blows and KW is putting it in shambles, we should be closer than Charlotte and Winston-Salem, we need to be close.

Randar68
09-15-2004, 10:47 AM

:mad:As someone else posted, the Sox extended their affiliations with all their affiliates for 2 years, meaning Charlotte is locked in through 2006 (they are also trying to have a new stadium built in downtown Charlotte near Network Associates Coll. instead of in the SC boon-docks.

Also, the Sox have their affiliations in close proximity not by accident. You increase costs significantly by spreading your clubs out when shuttling players between leagues. Also, the front office is partial to having a central area for scouts and roving instructors to work in, again, reducing travel time and costs.

It is a matter of convenience. How many people from Chicago would go to Indy? Hell, probably about as many as go to Charlotte. Besides, if you really want to see the Sox' top prospects, you're almost always better off seeing Birmingham or W-S play.

The Sox would be nuts to leave W-S or Kanny for that matter, they aren't leaving the Barons...

Randar68
09-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Neither can I. Except the difference is you're probably laughing. I get so frustrated I feel like putting my fist through the monitor whenever I read about the great job KW is doing with the minor leagues.
That's because you read everything with a preconceived notion that you're unwilling to relent on.

When starting with a fixed and steadfast viewpoint, it's impossible to see things objectively.