PDA

View Full Version : Brawl In Oakland

Kogs35
09-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Fan gets into it with Doug Brocail and the texas rangers bullpen. a folding chair goes into stands and hits a women 2 rows into the stands and she was bloody from the chair that was obvisouly ment for guy fransisco was aiming for , and the players try to go into stands.

Aidan
09-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Frankie Francisco (ex-White Sox minor league pitcher) threw the chair into the stands and hit a man and a woman in the face. Thank god we traded his sorry head-case ass for Carl Everett last year, huh?

doublem23
09-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Frankie Francisco, enjoy your lawsuit.

MUsoxfan
09-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Not to worry White Sox fans...we're still the most unruly team and fans in the MLB. I'm sure Baseball Tonight and the Cubune will somehow bring up Ligue and how he's responsible for all baseball brawls

Kogs35
09-14-2004, 12:37 AM
any1 think that the a's will loose there ball boys to security guys and any1 think theyll have to do something about those seats near the visitors bullpen where the brawl happened?

Baby Fisk
09-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Showalter's comments here are really classy:

Buck blames the fans (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1881073) :rolleyes:

I assume his comments about Francisco were not quoted here.

Jjav829
09-14-2004, 08:37 AM
*gasp* You mean things like this happen outside of the Cell? That's impossible.

BTW, really nice move there Frankie. Hope you enjoy your punishment. He should be gone for 15+ games as well as the legal action that might get brought against him.

Brian26
09-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Showalter's comments here are really classy:

I wouldn't say Showalter's far from the truth here. The blame might fall with the fans, but an even bigger blame probably falls with the Oakland A's organization. Why aren't there any security guards sitting down there in the bullpen for the entire game? One guy in a police or security uniform would have probably defused this situation from the start.

Baby Fisk
09-14-2004, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't say Showalter's far from the truth here. The blame might fall with the fans, but an even bigger blame probably falls with the Oakland A's organization. Why aren't there any security guards sitting down there in the bullpen for the entire game? One guy in a police or security uniform would have probably defused this situation from the start.
Buck is saying that the fans brought this on, which is (probably) close to the truth. But you can't have a player of yours hurl a chair at fans and talk around it. Granted, we haven't seen/heard the whole story yet, but MLB (if not the police) have got to come down on Francisco hard. Last time I threw a chair at someone...well come to think of it, I've never thrown a chair at someone because I know it would put my ass in jail.

hellenicsoxfan
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Not to worry White Sox fans...we're still the most unruly team and fans in the MLB. I'm sure Baseball Tonight and the Cubune will somehow bring up Ligue and how he's responsible for all baseball brawlsFinally, a media member jumps to the defense of Sox fans and the Cell. Tom Shaer on WMVP this morning said enough is enough with the disparaging comments about U.S. Cellular and Sox fans. He said that fan behavior is no worse at Sox games than at any other stadium and that it is actually better than at several stadiums. In order to prove his point that these incidences aren't unique to the Cell , he specifically cited the fan at Wrigley who attacked Randy Myers and the Cub fan who stole a Dodger hat to set off a brawl. I was never a big fan of Shaer's, but he said what needed to be said. Hats off to Tom Shaer.

soxwon
09-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Lets See how they spin this!!!

somehow they will blame our fans lol

Harris=God
09-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Does anyone have a link to a video

SoxyStu
09-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Does anyone have a link to a video
http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/news/tex_news.jsp?ymd=20040914&content_id=857471&vkey=news_tex&fext=.jsp

From that site, there are two options: 56k and 350k, depending on the speed you wish.

chisoxcardsbabe
09-14-2004, 09:05 PM

I've sat in the same location (visiting bullpen vicinity) where this happened in Oakland....and frankly, I'm quite shocked something like this would actually happen. There are usually two security guards by the bullpen.

Nard
09-14-2004, 09:25 PM
You're getting payed millions of dollars to play a GAME and you're gonna get all hissy and pissy when a fan starts talking trash. Absurd.

And Buck has come out and shown himself to be the scumbag Ozzie was presenting him as. The stuff he's saying is unbelievable. Unless he's some kind of superstar, you gotta throw a guy like that off the team. Even Corpsey knew what was right and took immediate action with Paniagua. Buck is a real jackass.

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Pictures/crying_baby.jpg

"It was a real break from the normal trash you hear from fans. We've had problems about every time we've come here."

soxwon
09-14-2004, 10:24 PM
fans should keep their mouths shut.

go players!!

Flight #24
09-15-2004, 10:27 AM
2 things you know for sure: This is another great excuse for George from ChicagoSports.com to post the Ligue/Dybas pix again, and I'm sure that from now on the Trib will always refer to Frank Francisco as "the chair throwing reliever" and link him to the Rangers throughout the rest of his life. That's how it's done, right?