PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kermie!

FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 03:16 AM
I know you will attribute everything to "statistical aberrations", but, do you think the almost 38 year old Barry Bonds is having a career year? Shouldn't he have been washed up 12 years ago?

LongDistanceFan
10-06-2001, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I know you will attribute everything to "statistical aberrations", but, do you think the almost 38 year old Barry Bonds is having a career year? Shouldn't he have been washed up 12 years ago? stirring the pot uh :)

Vsahajpal
10-06-2001, 04:55 AM
*cough* contract year! *cough*

czalgosz
10-06-2001, 09:52 AM

There's the rub... Bonds is showing both how talented he is and what he really cares about by picking this season to be his monster season...

GASHWOUND
10-06-2001, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz

There's the rub... Bonds is showing both how talented he is and what he really cares about by picking this season to be his monster season...

You mean if he had a contract year 2 years ago he could've hit 70 earlier!?
Although players might perform a little better on contract years, but I think his ego and self gratification to try to put up the best #'s he can put up every year farsees a contract year. Why wouldn't he want to try and hit as many HR's that he can even if he was already in the middle of a (lets say) 7 year deal? I don't think he said to himself, I think I'll hit 70 and get the contract I deserve. Why wouldn't that be his goal last year, or 2 years ago. try and stack up your career #'s, break some records, whatever. I know I'm rambling right now and you probably have know idea what I'm saying, but thats fine.

But if Bonds is really that talented , than why wouldn't he hit 70 every year?
I think it was just a coincidence that he had this monster year in a contract year.

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Since Ray Durham's contract is up after next year I look forward to him hitting 60+ homers!

:)

FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Since Ray Durham's contract is up after next year I look forward to him hitting 60+ homers!
Unfortunately, there is little doubt he will try to hit 60+ homers...sigh...

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Unfortunately, there is little doubt he will try to hit 60+ homers...sigh...

I'm sure he'll try to put some big power numbers up, in hopes of getting a big money deal. Well nothing we can do unless they drop him down in the order.

czalgosz
10-06-2001, 01:31 PM
Let's see, Durham had 2 HR's yesterday, so that means for the last two games, he'll go 0-for-9 with 7 K's and two long fly ball outs, right?

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Let's see, Durham had 2 HR's yesterday, so that means for the last two games, he'll go 0-for-9 with 7 K's and two long fly ball outs, right?

Yes.