PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kermie!


FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 03:16 AM
I know you will attribute everything to "statistical aberrations", but, do you think the almost 38 year old Barry Bonds is having a career year? Shouldn't he have been washed up 12 years ago?

LongDistanceFan
10-06-2001, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I know you will attribute everything to "statistical aberrations", but, do you think the almost 38 year old Barry Bonds is having a career year? Shouldn't he have been washed up 12 years ago? stirring the pot uh :)

Vsahajpal
10-06-2001, 04:55 AM
*cough* contract year! *cough*

czalgosz
10-06-2001, 09:52 AM
*cough* contract year! *cough*

There's the rub... Bonds is showing both how talented he is and what he really cares about by picking this season to be his monster season...

GASHWOUND
10-06-2001, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz
*cough* contract year! *cough*

There's the rub... Bonds is showing both how talented he is and what he really cares about by picking this season to be his monster season...

You mean if he had a contract year 2 years ago he could've hit 70 earlier!?
Although players might perform a little better on contract years, but I think his ego and self gratification to try to put up the best #'s he can put up every year farsees a contract year. Why wouldn't he want to try and hit as many HR's that he can even if he was already in the middle of a (lets say) 7 year deal? I don't think he said to himself, I think I'll hit 70 and get the contract I deserve. Why wouldn't that be his goal last year, or 2 years ago. try and stack up your career #'s, break some records, whatever. I know I'm rambling right now and you probably have know idea what I'm saying, but thats fine.

But if Bonds is really that talented , than why wouldn't he hit 70 every year?
I think it was just a coincidence that he had this monster year in a contract year.

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
*cough* contract year! *cough*

Since Ray Durham's contract is up after next year I look forward to him hitting 60+ homers!

:)

FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Since Ray Durham's contract is up after next year I look forward to him hitting 60+ homers!
Unfortunately, there is little doubt he will try to hit 60+ homers...sigh...

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Unfortunately, there is little doubt he will try to hit 60+ homers...sigh...


I'm sure he'll try to put some big power numbers up, in hopes of getting a big money deal. Well nothing we can do unless they drop him down in the order.

czalgosz
10-06-2001, 01:31 PM
Let's see, Durham had 2 HR's yesterday, so that means for the last two games, he'll go 0-for-9 with 7 K's and two long fly ball outs, right?

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Let's see, Durham had 2 HR's yesterday, so that means for the last two games, he'll go 0-for-9 with 7 K's and two long fly ball outs, right?

Yes.