PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Detroit and Pittsburgh

Brian26
09-13-2004, 11:49 PM
I just want to personally thank the Detroit Tigers for phoning in the weekend series, as the Twins beat them yet AGAIN tonight.

Meanwhile, the Pirates started someone who probably shouldn't be pitching in triple a ball, let alone in the majors. Crybaby scrubs win.

JB98
09-14-2004, 12:45 AM
I just want to personally thank the Detroit Tigers for phoning in the weekend series, as the Twins beat them yet AGAIN tonight.

Meanwhile, the Pirates started someone who probably shouldn't be pitching in triple a ball, let alone in the majors. Crybaby scrubs win.
The Sox have had their chances against the Tigers too. Unfortunately, our guys have failed miserably in the head-to-head series against Detroit.

For the second straight year, the Sox have done fairly well against all the top teams in the league, except for Oakland. However, our record against bottom-feeders leaves a lot to be desired. We're 5-8 vs. Detroit. Getting swept by Toronto and losing two of three in Montreal and in Kansas City also come to mind as examples of missed opportunities.

I can recall the Twins stubbing their toe in KC right after the All-Star break, losing three out of four. Other than that, they always seem to pound the weak sisters. That's why they are about to wrap up their third straight AL Central championship.

Hangar18
09-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I watched some of that game last nite. That Pirate team looks awful.
I felt like I was watching the Cubs take on their Double AA team. Cant help
but wonder aloud how this game is spiraling down the toilet ....................
Funny, the Ingame/Postgame comments were amazing. They were falling over themselves PRAISING how "great" the cubs looked, how the "offense finally hitting on all cylinders" and "defense looked superb tonite Steve" and praising
Flim-Flam Baker "for getting the troops up for this big game" because "it showed on the field and on the bench" that the Cubs "looked ready to play".
Funny Right? Of course, Stone alluded to the fact that the Cubs werent playing a Major League Caliber team, and that they shouldnt get too excited about the win. I do appreciate his NOT pandering to the audience, as if he knows not everyone watching is a cub fan .........

Brian26
09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Of course, Stone alluded to the fact that the Cubs werent playing a Major League Caliber team, and that they shouldnt get too excited about the win. I do appreciate his NOT pandering to the audience, as if he knows not everyone watching is a cub fan .........

I had to turn the tv off after the first inning when Neifi Frickin Perez took the Pirates starter deep, and Stonepony said "that won't be the last homer you see tonight, folks."

Why torture myself?

Frater Perdurabo
09-14-2004, 02:02 PM
I felt like I was watching the Cubs take on their Double AA team.

Zing....but so true. :angry: