PDA

View Full Version : Marlins/Expos Game Photos

DoggPhood
09-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Here are the pictures I took at the game today...

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doggphood/album?.dir=/81d7

I sat behind the Expos dugout for awhile, then moved to the front row of right-center field for the rest.

Brian26
09-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Wow. Interesting pics. The place was so empty! Thanks!

DSpivack
09-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Nice pics, thanks!

HomeFish
09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
I got some pictures of Billy the Marlin, but my memory card reader isn't cooperating right now, so you'll just have to wait on that.

I know you're all disapointed...

chisoxcardsbabe
09-13-2004, 11:21 PM
I got some pictures of Billy the Marlin, but my memory card reader isn't cooperating right now, so you'll just have to wait on that.

I know you're all disapointed...

I find Billy the Marlin fascinating. I mean, he's a fish with opposable thumbs that is mobile on dry land.

(or does Billy have opposable thumbs? is he simply the embodiment of a rebellion against evolution?)

OK, i'll shut up now.

balke
09-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Looks like visions of the future. U.S. Cellular without PK and Maggs.

:jokes:

chisoxcardsbabe
09-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Looks like visions of the future. U.S. Cellular without PK and Maggs.

:jokes:
Oh, you mean like how it is everyday? (disregarding paulie.)

DoggPhood
09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Billy the Marlin is in one of the photos. It's like a Where's Waldo. (Hint: He's near the Dugout).

HomeFish
09-13-2004, 11:34 PM
I am also in one of the pictures, although I could just barely make myself out.

balke
09-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh, you mean like how it is everyday? (disregarding paulie.)
I couldn't bring myself to say it :(:

HomeFish
09-14-2004, 12:30 AM
The Marlins' Paul LoDuca is #14, so many were calling him "Paulie" and using cheers normally reserved for Mr. Konerko.

soxwon
09-14-2004, 04:48 PM
nice pics dogg

i like the pic from the L

early in the season after the game i was taking pics of the park from the same spot.

a cop told me to stop- he musta thought i was a terrorist. unreal.

heres me a clean cut catholic boy,

PaleHoseGeorge
09-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I find Billy the Marlin fascinating. I mean, he's a fish with opposable thumbs that is mobile on dry land.

(or does Billy have opposable thumbs? is he simply the embodiment of a rebellion against evolution?)

OK, i'll shut up now.
I understand your sense of wonderment. I've had similar feelings while watching Paul Konerko try to run to first base.
:wink:

HomeFish
09-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Billy the Marlin autographed a ball for me today. I threw it to him, he signed it and threw it back. A few innings later, he danced on top of the Marlins dugout with a hung Expos teddy bear. I shook his hand at that point.

He has an opposable thumb, all right.

hellenicsoxfan
09-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the photos. I have a question about something that I saw when looking at them yesterday. In the upper deck on the 3rd base side, about 3/4 of the way down the line, there are 3 sections where it seems like there are some seats torn out. I checked this out when I went to the game today just to make sure, and there were seats torn out and it looked like some seats were twisted. Does anyone know what is going on up there? Are they going to start putting new seats in early? Just curious about what is going on.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the photos. I have a question about something that I saw when looking at them yesterday. In the upper deck on the 3rd base side, about 3/4 of the way down the line, there are 3 sections where it seems like there are some seats torn out. I checked this out when I went to the game today just to make sure, and there were seats torn out and it looked like some seats were twisted. Does anyone know what is going on up there?
Target practice area for Frank Francisco.
:cool:

davenicholson
09-14-2004, 09:11 PM

I know you're all disapointed...Not to hijack the thread but...Hey Fish, suddenly my CF card reader won't read my 256 Mb card, which it did in the past with no problems. Thank God that I can upload my pics by using my printer as an interface! Anyone else have this issue, or better yet, a solution to it???:whiner:

HomeFish
09-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Not to hijack the thread but...Hey Fish, suddenly my CF card reader won't read my 256 Mb card, which it did in the past with no problems. Thank God that I can upload my pics by using my printer as an interface! Anyone else have this issue, or better yet, a solution to it???:whiner:

I had the same problem with my own 256 MB card.

The next day, it miraculously began reading it again. Perhaps all 256 MB cards decided to take a break this Monday.

Fenway
09-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Wow. Interesting pics. The place was so empty! Thanks!
crowd reminds me what Wrigley Field looked like in the 80's before WGN went national

Iwritecode
09-17-2004, 12:00 PM
crowd reminds me what Wrigley Field looked like in the 80's before WGN went national

What?!? The Cubs have always sold out Wrigely field. Just ask any Cubs fan...

Fenway
09-17-2004, 03:45 PM
What?!? The Cubs have always sold out Wrigely field. Just ask any Cubs fan...
Cubs didn't have ANY fans that didn't stay in a bar room and watch Brickhouse until 1982 when Harry moved north ( Thanks Eienhorn )