PDA

View Full Version : Support your Chicago Marlins!

A. Cavatica
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Too bad they drew only a few thousand today...any team that knocks the Cubs out of the playoffs, painfully, deserves our support.

Besides, they're the World Champs!

HomeFish
09-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Surprisingly, the Cub fans were outnumbered and outcheered by Sox and Marlin fans at today's game.

I think we'll be even better about it tomorrow.

shagar69
09-13-2004, 09:27 PM
but anybody see the poll on chicagosports.com. asks who would you rather see: sox at the cell, or the fish at the cell. what kind of poll is that? and guess whos winning? yep, the fish!

OEO Magglio
09-13-2004, 09:27 PM
I wish I could go but I have school. All I ask is whoever goes, handcuffs Carl Pavano inside the park and don't let him leave until he signs a contract with the sox in the offseason.:smile:

DSpivack
09-13-2004, 10:47 PM
but anybody see the poll on chicagosports.com. asks who would you rather see: sox at the cell, or the fish at the cell. what kind of poll is that? and guess whos winning? yep, the fish!
I thought it said more exciting; and that's not entirely terrible to me; it's not everyday we see a world champ playing a home game at Comiskey.

Gosox1917
09-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Were there fireworks after the Marlins won the game?

JB98
09-13-2004, 11:49 PM
About 80 percent have voted for the Fish. I voted for the Sox.

DrCrawdad
09-14-2004, 09:27 AM
DrCrawdad and the little crawfish will be at the game today, root, root, rooting for the Marlins.

Hangar18
09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
DrCrawdad and the little crawfish will be at the game today, root, root, rooting for the Marlins.
Im hoping some of that Marlin Mojo gets left behind in the SOX dugout/clubhouse ............ You never know! :smile:

DrCrawdad
09-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Im hoping some of that Marlin Mojo gets left behind in the SOX dugout/clubhouse ............ You never know! :smile:

I'm bringing the digital camera, so photos later.

I have the day off, so I just had to go to the game. Something like this may never happen again in my lifetime.

grebeck18
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Will the game on Tuesday be televised in Chicago? If so what channel?

Jjav829
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Will the game on Tuesday be televised in Chicago? If so what channel?
No, the games are not being televised.

Dick Allen
09-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Im hoping some of that Marlin Mojo gets left behind in the SOX dugout/clubhouse ............ You never know! :smile:What, Ozzie didn't bring any of it with him?

zach23
09-14-2004, 11:49 AM
No, the games are not being televised.

This is when the MLB Extra Innings package is worth the money, I was able to watch yesterday's game and will be watching today's too.
Being able to watch an afternoon game because I work from home is nice too. :cool:

Lip Man 1
09-14-2004, 12:04 PM
I enjoyed reading the recaps in the newspapers today. Every one mentioned the Sox fans rooting for Marlins, Cub fans rooting for Expos spin. Carol Slezak's column and Melissa Issacson's recap were about the best.

Lip

jackbrohamer
09-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I enjoyed reading the recaps in the newspapers today. Every one mentioned the Sox fans rooting for Marlins, Cub fans rooting for Expos spin.
Kind of the same at today's game. Whenever an Expo hit a popup to the mid-outfield you could hear Scrubbie fans yelling like it was going to be a HR. Not so for the Fish.

I may be the last person here to have heard the name, but guy behind me was referring to the Marlins as the "White Fish." Which was pretty funny.

Great time at the ballpark today

HomeFish
09-14-2004, 06:26 PM
You know, for the past two days, the Marlins have technically been the "Home Fish".

Reflect on that one.