PDA

View Full Version : Trade Crede and Valentin! -- One fan's idea for 2005

chisoxmike
09-13-2004, 07:31 PM
As the 2004 season comes to a close without a promised postseason appearance, I'm finally going to say that its time to trade Crede and Valentin.
I'm tired of these guys striking out at the plate and Valentin's numberous errors that cost us games. You think we can trade these guys to Boston for Bill Mueler?

A pretty good 2005 lineup

1. Harris 2B
2. Rowand CF
3. Lee LF
4. Thomas DH
5. Konerko 1B
6. Muler 3b
7 Uribe SS
8. Burke/Davis C
9. Borchard RF (You KNOW this is going to happen, becuase for some reason JR AND KW love this guy)

Pitching

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
a real #5 starter-- whoever that will be

Jjav829
09-13-2004, 07:53 PM
A.) Valentin is a Free Agent so he can't be traded which makes this kind of pointless anyway.

B.) Why would Boston trade Bill Mueller for Joe Crede?

C.) If Boston wants to trade Mueller and go with a young 3rd baseman, they have one named Kevin Youkilis who has shown much more than Joe Crede this year.

A. Cavatica
09-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Why would Boston want either one?

Why would the Mariners, Royals, or D-Rays, for that matter?

Mohoney
09-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Why would Boston want either one?

Why would the Mariners, Royals, or D-Rays, for that matter?
I thought that the Mariners showed interest in Crede. Maybe I'm wrong, though, on the level of interest that they showed.

DickAllen72
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I doubt the Angels would give him up, but if at all possible I'd love to see Chone Figgins at 3B for the White sox next year.

I wonder what the Angels would want from the Sox to part with Figgins?

balke
09-13-2004, 09:12 PM
I thought that the Mariners showed interest in Crede. Maybe I'm wrong, though, on the level of interest that they showed.

There's not a lot left in Seattle this team wants. There was talk of us trying to acquire Guardado, in the Garcia deal, but the Mariners wanted too much (I heard Clee). Kenny still might go after Guardado, but I don't know whats going on with Crede. There's a decent chance he stays, just cause he has defensive skills.

Mohoney
09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
There's not a lot left in Seattle this team wants. There was talk of us trying to acquire Guardado, in the Garcia deal, but the Mariners wanted too much (I heard Clee). Kenny still might go after Guardado, but I don't know whats going on with Crede. There's a decent chance he stays, just cause he has defensive skills.
Maybe we can get Reed back.

shagar69
09-13-2004, 09:21 PM
There's not a lot left in Seattle this team wants. There was talk of us trying to acquire Guardado, in the Garcia deal, but the Mariners wanted too much (I heard Clee). Kenny still might go after Guardado, but I don't know whats going on with Crede. There's a decent chance he stays, just cause he has defensive skills. unless the M's wanna give us bucky jacobsen, bobby madristch, felix hernandez, or gil meche, no way we should trade joe. hes cheap, young, and at a position where we dont have a lot of depth in the minors. we gotta be patient with him.

balke
09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Maybe we can get Reed back.

20/20 is hindsight. we had to give up 2 young prospects for a player like Garcia. Seattle wanted a deal that would help them rebuild. They aren't morons that are going to firesale the team for nothing (pitt). Would it make you feel better if it were Diaz or Anderson instead?, and DIAz was pitching the way he is now? I wouldn't. I wanna see if Diaz is an ML pitcher next season. Anderson has all the hype/makings to be better than Reed.

mdep524
09-13-2004, 09:40 PM
I doubt the Angels would give him up, but if at all possible I'd love to see Chone Figgins at 3B for the White sox next year.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Figgins would look GREAT in a Sox uniform next year. Would the Angels trade Figgins, who apparently is a fan favorite? You would think no, but the Angels have a logjam of 3B, and someone will have to go. In the mix are: Troy Glaus, the starting 3B to begin this year, Dallas McPherson, a highly, highly touted prospect, and Figgins.

That's 3 names, one position. So two gotta go. Glaus, a FA looking for big $$$, is probably as good as gone, seeing as he probably can't play 3B anyway with his injury. Plus, with Erstad and hot prospect Casey Kotchman, they have two 1Bs as well.

So Figgins and McPherson... I'll tell you one thing, whichever guy the Angels decide to go with in '05, I'd love to see the other on the Sox thank you very much. :D:

kittle42
09-13-2004, 09:42 PM
As the 2004 season comes to a close without a promised postseason appearance, I'm finally going to say that its time to trade Crede and Valentin.
I'm tired of these guys striking out at the plate and Valentin's numberous errors that cost us games. You think we can trade these guys to Boston for Bill Mueler?

A pretty good 2005 lineup

1. Harris 2B
2. Rowand CF
3. Lee LF
4. Thomas DH
5. Konerko 1B
6. Muler 3b
7 Uribe SS
8. Burke/Davis C
9. Borchard RF (You KNOW this is going to happen, becuase for some reason JR AND KW love this guy)

Pitching

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
Garland
a real #5 starter-- whoever that will beCongrats on misspelling Mueller twice.

:threadsucks

shagar69
09-13-2004, 09:43 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday. Figgins would look GREAT in a Sox uniform next year. Would the Angels trade Figgins, who apparently is a fan favorite? You would think no, but the Angels have a logjam of 3B, and someone will have to go. In the mix are: Troy Glaus, the starting 3B to begin this year, Dallas McPherson, a highly, highly touted prospect, and Figgins.

That's 3 names, one position. So two gotta go. Glaus, a FA looking for big $$$, is probably as good as gone, seeing as he probably can't play 3B anyway with his injury. Plus, with Erstad and hot prospect Casey Kotchman, they have two 1Bs as well.

So Figgins and McPherson... I'll tell you one thing, whichever guy the Angels decide to go with in '05, I'd love to see the other on the Sox thank you very much. :D: yeah but figgins can play more than one position. he also plays OF IIRC

AddisonStSox
09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Congrats on misspelling Mueller twice.

:threadsucks

You beat me to it. Agreed.

Clembasbal
09-13-2004, 09:59 PM
One of the reasons Figgins IS a fan favorite is because he is a hardnose, diving everywhere type of guy, and he plays about any position you put him at because he loves to play the game.

Anyway, I don't want him because he would cost too much now and probably won't do as well as his is now.

On terms of Crede, I think getting Morgan Ensberg from the AStros would be perfect. They both are having subpar seasons or careers and are young and cheap, trade for him and see what he can do in Chicago.

nodiggity59
09-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Is it possible the Sox are thinking about moving Valentin to 3rd? Cause I don't see how they can keep both those two in the lineup w/ their low averages. Yet, we keep hearing little rumblings about how he may be back.

Jjav829
09-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Is it possible the Sox are thinking about moving Valentin to 3rd? Cause I don't see how they can keep both those two in the lineup w/ their low averages. Yet, we keep hearing little rumblings about how he may be back.
That would be an incredibly bad move. If your gonna keep one of the 2, you keep Crede. You don't put Valentin out of position again. Crede's defense at 3rd has been fine and Crede has an upside, something Valentin doesn't. Regardless of how bad Crede has looked at times, he can get better. Valentin is on the downswing of his career. Sure he may be a little better next year, but it's kinda hard to get worse than a .284 OBP. I mean you really have to work hard to be that bad.

owensmouth
09-14-2004, 09:25 AM

Buehrle and/or Rowand should do it.