PDA

View Full Version : **Official Fish vs Spos Thread - 13 Sept**

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Is anyone able to see the game? I'm trying to view it online but can't get the visual to work. ****! ****! ****! :mad:

Kogs35
09-13-2004, 02:35 PM
r u on dial up or dsl?

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 02:36 PM
r u on dial up or dsl?Your what hurts? [computer ignoramus here -- PM me if you have tech advice to share!]

Tekijawa
09-13-2004, 02:42 PM
how many people are there for those of you who can see... Does it look like there are about 10 couple hundred or even dare I say a few grand?

zach23
09-13-2004, 02:43 PM
I am watching it on MLB Extra Innings. Marlins are blowing it right now. Expos are up 2-0 going to the bottom of the 2nd. The Marlins had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 1st but let them off the hook with a line drive double play.

zach23
09-13-2004, 02:44 PM
how many people are there for those of you who can see... Does it look like there are about 10 couple hundred or even dare I say a few grand?

Looks like only a few hundred. Lots of annoying cub fans too.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Florida FSN guys are making subtle jabs at USCF. Good grief, did they just describe it as a "good, functional ballpark", not like classic parks like Camden Yard or Wrigley? :angry: Go to hell you swine!

Tekijawa
09-13-2004, 02:46 PM
Looks like only a few hundred. Lots of annoying cub fans too.The well mannered, intelligent ones must be at the Cubby Bear right now getting ready for their game tonight.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
09-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Florida FSN guys are making subtle jabs at USCF. Good grief, did they just describe it as a "good, functional ballpark", not like classic parks like Camden Yard or Wrigley? :angry: Go to hell you swine!

Nobody affiliated with the Malrins should make any jabs at our ballpark considering they play in a sterile football stadium.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Apparently Billy the Marlin mascot is roaming USCF.

2-0 Spos top of the 4th.

zach23
09-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Apparently Billy the Marlin mascot is roaming USCF.

2-0 Spos top of the 4th.

Yeah, they have been showing him on tv all day. The Marlins announcers were joking that he took 2 first class seats to fly up here.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Augh! The Marlins have blown a couple of great scoring chances today. Is there something about playing in that park??? :(:

Rocklive99
09-13-2004, 03:40 PM
According to what the Marlins announcers earlier, they were impressed by the crowd, they say it looked like a couple thousand, and they said they were split. Marlins/Sox fans on the 3rd base line, Expos/Cub fans on the 1st base line.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 03:45 PM
According to what the Marlins announcers earlier, they were impressed by the crowd, they say it looked like a couple thousand, and they said they were split. Marlins/Sox fans on the 3rd base line, Expos/Cub fans on the 1st base line.Sounds like european soccer. Is it to prevent the rabid club partisans from getting at each other?

I'm surprised the Marlin mascot hasn't been swarmed.

:moron
"Hey! I was just saying that. Have you seen an early draft of my next column?"

SaltyPretzel
09-13-2004, 03:49 PM
According to what the Marlins announcers earlier, they were impressed by the crowd, they say it looked like a couple thousand, and they said they were split. Marlins/Sox fans on the 3rd base line, Expos/Cub fans on the 1st base line.
That sounds like Slappy Caruso Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley after the long rain delay.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 03:59 PM
This is sick:

Marlins 0 runs off 7 hits

Expos 2 runs off 4 hits

goin' to the 8th... :unsure:

kittle42
09-13-2004, 04:03 PM
See, you *can* play Ozzieball in the Cell.

JoseCanseco6969
09-13-2004, 04:12 PM
uh oh ex sox farmhand Majewski is in! light him up fish

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 04:13 PM
uh oh ex sox farmhand Majewski is in! light him up fishSacks packed with Fish! No outs!

Attendance just announced at 4,000+. A huge crowd by Expos standards! :cool:

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 04:19 PM
CONINE RBI SAC FLY! 2-2!

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Sox farmhand Majewski blows the lead.

4-2 Fish! hoo-ah! :yup:

check that...more mayhem from Majewski:

6-2 Fish! :yup:

Can anyone describe the fan reactions in USCF?

JoseCanseco6969
09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Sox farmhand Majewski blows the lead.

4-2 Fish! hoo-ah! :yup:
see we indirectly helped the fish by dumping him in the crazy carl trade!

davenicholson
09-13-2004, 04:27 PM
see we indirectly helped the fish by dumping him in the crazy carl trade!I think only one of the runs were earned, but nevertheless, good news! I will take full credit for the rally by checking out the 8th inning at cbssportsline.com! :D:

kittle42
09-13-2004, 04:29 PM
One inning, 4 errors, including two by outfielders, a hit batsman, and 6 runs.

Hey Bud, let's keep those 'Spos alive!

zach23
09-13-2004, 04:30 PM
All the bad defense probably reminds the cub fans of their own team. When Rivera booted the easy pop fly to make it 4-2, the Marlins announcer said, "Is this the Expos or the Cubs?"

Frankfan4life
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
The Expos/Cubs section must be pretty thin by now.

DonkeyKongerko
09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Marlins win 6-3 final!!! Goooo Fish!!

Tekijawa
09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
10-2, they could put Koch in at this point and still get the win!!!

Sorry yahoo was all messed up.... they had it as 10-2 going into the 9th

bigfoot
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
One inning, 4 errors, including two by outfielders, a hit batsman, and 6 runs.

Hey Bud, let's keep those 'Spos alive!
Did Corky, Stinky Fingers and KWood all play today?

JoseCanseco6969
09-13-2004, 04:53 PM
it's awesome, i was on marlinsbaseball.com in the game thread and several people were saying

"you can put it on the board.....YES!!!!!"

gotta love it!

JoseCanseco6969
09-13-2004, 04:56 PM
another funny quote for those who remember good ol' capefish

from marlinsfan "anybody know any good white sox forum? preferably the best "

reply from capefish: go to soxtalk.com

guess he still doesnt like us very much

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 04:57 PM
it's awesome, i was on marlinsbaseball.com in the game thread and several people were saying

"you can put it on the board.....YES!!!!!"

gotta love it!That is awesome. It demonstrates the unofficial kinship we share with the Florida team, further strengthened by leaps and bounds this week! :cool:

Brian26
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Nice. Great win by the Fish.

Johnny Mostil
09-13-2004, 06:05 PM
The AP story notes:

"Beckett's single in the fifth was the first hit ever by a pitcher at U.S. Cellular Field, which opened in 1991."

Had a pitcher even batted at the Cell before today?

Jjav829
09-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Monday's Winning Pick to Click Juan Pierre: "I like playing here."

:D:

DumpJerry
09-13-2004, 06:11 PM
From ESPN.com:
"A small but spirited crowd announced at 4,003 transformed the home park of the Chicago White Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cha)' into a foul-ball chaser's paradise. With the upper deck closed, most of the fans who spent $15 for a ticket -- $5 going to hurricane relief -- sat behind the dugouts and close to the field. There was a loud pro-Expos contingent, some dressed in Chicago Cubs (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chn) attire."
Like everyone else who is a member here, I was at work today. If I ever lose my job (and mind), then I, too, can be a Flub fan and take up meaningful causes for society.

DumpJerry
09-13-2004, 06:13 PM
The AP story notes:

"Beckett's single in the fifth was the first hit ever by a pitcher at U.S. Cellular Field, which opened in 1991."

I was thinking the same thing. I can't see under what circumstances it would have occurred unless any one of the Flubs' Managers for the Crosstown Classic were stupid enough to leave out a DH.:tongue:

JGarlandrules20
09-13-2004, 06:13 PM
According to what the Marlins announcers earlier, they were impressed by the crowd, they say it looked like a couple thousand, and they said they were split. Marlins/Sox fans on the 3rd base line, Expos/Cub fans on the 1st base line.Yep that's how it was... I was like 3 rows behind the Expos dugout surrounded by loud mouth cub fans...
I was all by myself when I was standing up rooting on the Marlins.

RichFitztightly
09-13-2004, 06:23 PM
The AP story notes:

I was listening to the feed coming out of the press box when it was announced Beckett had the first hit ever at US Cellular Field. I belive they said Frank Tanana had an at bat in the first ever game at Comiskey. they said a few years later somebody else pinch ran and stayed in to bat the following inning, but I don't remember who they said it was.

Jjav829
09-13-2004, 06:27 PM
I was listening to the feed coming out of the press box when it was announced Beckett had the first hit ever at US Cellular Field. I belive they said Frank Tanana had an at bat in the first ever game at Comiskey. they said a few years later somebody else pinch ran and stayed in to bat the following inning, but I don't remember who they said it was.
Too bad Dontrelle Willis isn't pitching tomorrow. He could become the first ever pitcher to homer at the Cell.

Any chance we could switch teams and keep the Marlins here? :D:

JGarlandrules20
09-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Did anyone hear that one fan who was really messing with Beckett in the first inning? "I LOVE YOU BECKETT"...and he said some other things too.

He sat in my row and he was SO annoying. I wanted to smack him.

Johnny Mostil
09-13-2004, 09:26 PM
I belive they said Frank Tanana had an at bat in the first ever game at Comiskey. they said a few years later somebody else pinch ran and stayed in to bat the following inning, but I don't remember who they said it was.You're right about Tanana (box score (http://baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199104180CHA)).

Brian26
09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
You're right about Tanana (box score (http://baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199104180CHA)).
Geezuz, talk about bringing back memories. With the amount of trouble this team has had with soft-tossing lefties over the past few years, can you imagine how much Tanana would own us if he were still pitching? It's almost scary.

ewokpelts
09-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Florida FSN guys are making subtle jabs at USCF. Good grief, did they just describe it as a "good, functional ballpark", not like classic parks like Camden Yard or Wrigley? :angry: Go to hell you swine!that's odd....i was watching the mlbtv replay online..amnd the announcers liked it. one guy sed" i wish we had this...with a roof"
Gene

DSpivack
09-13-2004, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=Baby Fisk]Apparently Billy the Marlin mascot is roaming USCF. [QUOTE]

All I can say is that thank god Billy is a Marlin.

DumpJerry
09-14-2004, 12:41 AM
Geezuz, talk about bringing back memories. With the amount of trouble this team has had with soft-tossing lefties over the past few years, can you imagine how much Tanana would own us if he were still pitching? It's almost scary.I've been in therapy for 13 years trying to erase the memories of that game. It was proof that JR totally pissed off the baseball Gods by tearing down The Palace. They (the baseball gods) showed me some mercy that day, the cable went out halfway through the game.......too bad the telephone was working (Flub fans calling "innocently" asking how the first game at the New Comiskey was going....:angry: :angry: ).