PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - Payback Time at the Humphrey

stl_sox_fan
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Alright, season aside, the Sox better man up tomorrow in the Twinkie dome. I would love to see some inside pitches and hard slides sprinkled throughout this series. At least remind Minn. that there are other Major League teams in this division.

First on the list, Torri.

http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1360875dt.jpg

jshanahanjr
09-13-2004, 01:09 PM
I hope the Sox get a chance to take somebody out on a similar unnecessary play.

mdep524
09-13-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't care how far out of first the Sox are, I don't care how much better the Twins are and I don't care how much more momentum the Twins have:
The Sox have got to come in and knock the Twins on their ass, literally. Show some fire, show some emotion, show some FIGHT. The Sox NEED to do this, not to win the division (which won't happen), but to show they are professional athletes, to show they are competitors, and to prove they are men with pride.

Sorry to sound like some rah-rah guy, but this has to be done, or else I will be very very disappointed in the Sox as men. (I'm already disappointed in their talent).

gosox41
09-13-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't care how far out of first the Sox are, I don't care how much better the Twins are and I don't care how much more momentum the Twins have:
The Sox have got to come in and knock the Twins on their ass, literally. Show some fire, show some emotion, show some FIGHT. The Sox NEED to do this, not to win the division (which won't happen), but to show they are professional athletes, to show they are competitors, and to prove they are men with pride.

Sorry to sound like some rah-rah guy, but this has to be done, or else I will be very very disappointed in the Sox as men. (I'm already disappointed in their talent).
Now would be a good time for the Sox to show some heart and fire and stir things up a bit. Send a message of their own. But we all know what the Sox become when they play the Twins:

:kermit

"Oh, Minnesota, show us who's boss. Keep spanking us."

Remember the voiceover:

'This is White Sox Baseball, or at least it's been so since 2000.'

Bob

soxfan26
09-13-2004, 02:50 PM
At least remind Minn. that there are other Major League teams in this division.
I can't think of one right off hand...

Soxzilla
09-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Now would be a good time for the Sox to show some heart and fire and stir things up a bit. Send a message of their own. But we all know what the Sox become when they play the Twins:

:kermit

"Oh, Minnesota, show us who's boss. Keep spanking us."

Remember the voiceover:

'This is White Sox Baseball, or at least it's been so since 2000.'

Bob
You forget we are 7-6 against minny on the season, and 3 of those games they beat us were without BOTH magglio and frank.

Eitherway, I won't be satisfied unless we sweep both these series' and send the twinks into the playoffs with their tails between their legs.

faneidde
09-13-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't care if we get swept in all 6 by the Twins. Next year's team will be totally different and I really don't think it will carry over. The one caveat to this is that we drill Torrii Hunter repeatedly. Nothing malicious at the head like Julio did, just a couple well placed fastballs to the middle of the back.

Hangar18
09-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Im gonna be at the Twink Dome Weds & Thurs Nite, and if Torii gets
Plunked a few times, im probably gonna get beer dumped on me heh heh

DVsoxfan
09-13-2004, 03:52 PM
These final 6 games vs. the Twins should be the most intensly played games of the season. If nothing else, let those idiots know that were going to give them a battle for the next 6 games we play them. Hopefully, we could end the season on a bit of a positive note. Rather than collapsing late, we rally late and carry some positive energy/momentum into next season.

JB98
09-13-2004, 05:41 PM
You forget we are 7-6 against minny on the season, and 3 of those games they beat us were without BOTH magglio and frank.

Eitherway, I won't be satisfied unless we sweep both these series' and send the twinks into the playoffs with their tails between their legs.
Prepare to be unsatisfied.

I'll be happy as long as we compete all six games, regardless of how many we win. The Twins are a better team than we are, so I can't expect to take six in a row from them.

I just hope Ozzie remembers to put Rowand in the lineup. The last two times Aaron has taken a day off, we lost 9-0 to Cleveland and 11-0 to Anaheim.

Gosox1917
09-13-2004, 06:55 PM

As long as we show the Twins that we aren't going to let them walk all over us I'll be happy. The Sox better play their butts off and play like this is a playoff series. If they lose, so be it, but the Sox have to let the Twins know that the Sox can beat them. And in between the series' let's kick some Tiger butt too. I don't really care for them either. Let's at least put up a semi-respectable record at the season's end. GO SOX!!!

stl_sox_fan
09-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Prepare to be unsatisfied.
I will be satisfied if this streak of Joe B. on the bench(not counting yesterday) continues.

http://www.angelfire.com/ky2/bbautos/zborchard.jpg
Potential.....it's so overrated

soxwon
09-13-2004, 08:08 PM

hey with a sweep we are 7 out whoo hoooo
its simple win three straight no biggie right?
are you listening ozzie?

chisoxmike
09-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I'll just be looking forward to a clash between Torri and Sox pitching, (is Buehle pitching, 'cause he'll throw at him)

Anyway, I agree with you all. The Sox better show up and show some pride this week and next week infront of their home fans. I'll be there on monday night booing Hunter and the Twins like I always do.

Dub25
09-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Is Buehrle pitching in this series? He was the only one that was outspoken about the torii incident. If he does pitch I expect him to hit him. I just hope somebody will move their ass to protect Mark if something breaks out.

RichFitztightly
09-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Potential.....it's so overrated
Holy Christ is that one ugly mug. It looks like the unholy offspring of Pig Vomit (from Howard Stern's movie) and John Elway.

stl_sox_fan
09-13-2004, 09:25 PM
Holy Christ is that one ugly mug. It looks like the unholy offspring of Pig Vomit (from Howard Stern's movie) and John Elway.
Hmmmmm

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Puq9Cuhk-bgJ:www.cinemacenter.hpg.com.br/paul-giamatti.jpg + http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:pvb7Kc1ErEwJ:http://espycollection.shazamm.net/images/photo_john_elway.jpg = http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:T5SWC8b5JmsJ:www.angelfire.com/ky2/bbautos/zborchard.jpg

He is the Mutha F'in AntiChrist

Nard
09-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Hit Torii every single game. That's all that matters. Every single bottom of the 1st inning... put it in his earhole.

I just hope Ozzie still doesn't have the "I don't play that beanball" attitude. Retaliation with beaning is as crucial a part of the game as any. A hard slide to break up a DP means jack ****... you just gotta drill a guy sometimes.

idseer
09-13-2004, 09:51 PM
:rolleyes:

minastirith67
09-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Anything cheap that we do will be shrugged off by the Twins...

:whocares

We're just a second tier team anyway, and Minnesota will rightly treat us as such...I expect no respect, just a condescending, patronizing attitude...

JB98
09-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Is Buehrle pitching in this series? He was the only one that was outspoken about the torii incident. If he does pitch I expect him to hit him. I just hope somebody will move their ass to protect Mark if something breaks out.
Garcia, Buerhle and Garland are scheduled to pitch in the series.

My hunch is nothing will happen.

balke
09-14-2004, 12:43 AM

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:u-4jeGAVVBkJ:ca.yimg.com/i/ca/reuters/20031104/i/1611604031.jpg "I like that Torii Hunter mang. He came in here and dug his spikes into our rookie SS Valdez. I can really respect that kind of play. Did you hear he's from the ghetto? I can respect that. We're sending Valdez back down, I've seen enough of this kid. That's take 4! Valdez has gotta play tough!"

batmanZoSo
09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
The only motivation to play hard and win is to save ourselves some dignity. The Twins don't give a s###, we're out of it. The only time we can send them a message is when we beat them out for the division title. Winning a meaningless series when you're out of the race means nothing. Imagine getting swept here by a team that doesn't even need to win and already has the division wrapped up. That would be bad. That would tell me this team really is a bunch of eunuchs. As usual, we have our three best pitchers going for us against them. In more than one series, we saw Greisinger and other scrubs they were throwing out there. We've had the breaks and still couldn't get it done.

Baby Fisk
09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Holy Christ is that one ugly mug. It looks like the unholy offspring of Pig Vomit (from Howard Stern's movie) and John Elway.Agreed. Mercy! Under which Appallachian shack do we keep pulling these guys out from?

Should our 2004 slogan be Losing Ugly?

wdelaney72
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Put the crack pipe down.

batmanZoSo
09-14-2004, 05:47 PM
"Hey, they don't pay ya for your looks. What's that? They pay you for your talent? Awwwww sh..."

JB98
09-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Anything cheap that we do will be shrugged off by the Twins...

:whocares

We're just a second tier team anyway, and Minnesota will rightly treat us as such...I expect no respect, just a condescending, patronizing attitude...

True that. I don't know what purpose retaliation would serve now. Maybe on July 26th, I was in favor of getting back at Hunter, but the horse is out of the barn at this point. If we start a brawl, it will make us look like classless, sore losers.

Hangar18
09-14-2004, 08:47 PM
True that. I don't know what purpose retaliation would serve now. Maybe on July 26th, I was in favor of getting back at Hunter, but the horse is out of the barn at this point. If we start a brawl, it will make us look like classless, sore losers.
Exactly. We'd be closing the Barn Door after all the Chickens got out.
We just need to go and SPEND MONEY AND FILL THE HOLES WE SELF INFLICTED IN THE OFFSEASON, so that a SINGLE INJURY DOESNT HURT THE ENTIRE SEASON. what a stupid front office we have here in chicago huh?:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

bj'sforTorii
09-14-2004, 10:25 PM

Not happening tonight, in fact the quite opposite. The best fold of the night was not on ESPN, but at the Humpty Dome in the 6th.

Brian26
09-14-2004, 11:42 PM

Want to take that bet? Buehrle's the guy who drove Burke to the hospital that night after the game.

JB98
09-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Want to take that bet? Buehrle's the guy who drove Burke to the hospital that night after the game.

So? I'd rather see Buerhle pitch a great game and beat the Twins than see him plunk Hunter and get himself ejected and suspended. What are we, the Cubs? I hope we stay away from the crybaby crap and just play out the string.

Brian26
09-14-2004, 11:55 PM
So? I'd rather see Buerhle pitch a great game and beat the Twins than see him plunk Hunter and get himself ejected and suspended. What are we, the Cubs? I hope we stay away from the crybaby crap and just play out the string.
I'd rather see Buehrle pitch 7 or 8 great innings and then plunk Hunter.

balke
09-15-2004, 12:54 AM
I think one plunk was enough. Torii sat out in the 8th. I think since he's from the ghetto he knows to duck in cover when he's being shot at.... err.. pitched at. That's what they teach you in the ghetto you know.

http://thm-ar1r2.search.vip.scd.yahoo.com/image/500195009 http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:bBPR18opfK0J:www.azstarnet.com/ss/2004/03/06/12799-1.jpg
"Notorious!"

ja1022
09-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Fact is Mike Jackson (or anyone else that might have been in in relief if it wasn't Jackson ) should have hit Hunter on July 26th, and Ozzie shouldn't have needed to tell them to do it. At the very least, the Sox needed to make a statement some time during that 3 game series. They didn't, they lost their "swagger" and they have sucked since.

I don't care that Garcia hit Hunter now, but to call it retaliation when your 10.5 games back in September is bull****. I'd like to see a statement made in the first series of next season, when the games matter more.

3Peater
09-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Fact is Mike Jackson (or anyone else that might have been in in relief if it wasn't Jackson ) should have hit Hunter on July 26th, and Ozzie shouldn't have needed to tell them to do it. At the very least, the Sox needed to make a statement some time during that 3 game series. They didn't, they lost their "swagger" and they have sucked since.

I don't care that Garcia hit Hunter now, but to call it retaliation when your 10.5 games back in September is bull****. I'd like to see a statement made in the first series of next season, when the games matter more.
I think it spoke volumes about the 2004 White Sox, and their manager, when the did not plunk Hunter.

Were they stunned/shocked to the point where they couldn't figure out how to do it for a couple more games?

Either that, or they may have just chalked it up to "hardnosed baseball" until Sox fans got on their backs for not getting after it.

Anyway, I gully agree that if it were to be done, it should not have to have taken place at this point. I think "most" Twins and fans were expecting it in Chicago. I wasn't too surprised it happened Tuesday night.

Baby Fisk
09-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow, this payback sure isn't what I anticipated. It's more like a schoolyard bully taking away your lunch money, then pushing you into a puddle in front of all the cute girls. This sucks. :thud:

JB98
09-15-2004, 01:03 PM

Well said.

Garcia's plunking of Hunter last night sent a strong message to the Twins. I guess we showed them, huh?

Brian26
09-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Well said.

Garcia's plunking of Hunter last night sent a strong message to the Twins. I guess we showed them, huh?

Judging by the curse words coming out of Torii's mouth after he hit that double in the 6th off Garcia, the plunking only fired him up that much more.

SDave
09-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Judging by the curse words coming out of Torii's mouth after he hit that double in the 6th off Garcia, the plunking only fired him up that much more. Yes, please.....plunk Torii again tonight. While you're at it - throw one at Stewart too!

bj'sforTorii
09-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Yes, please.....plunk Torii again tonight. While you're at it - throw one at Stewart too!
What does hitting Stewart have to do with anything? That is like the Twins hitting Frank because the Sox are in first place, just doesn't make sense and is quite childish. Are you sure you are not a Flubs fan?

TheTwinsWin
09-16-2004, 03:52 AM
:troll

Wow...I love all the big talk...oh man, sometimes it's just great to be alive...like that time I caught Kirby Pucket relieving himself in a parking lot...good times

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 03:57 AM
"Have you ever made love to a woman the size of Paul Bunyan?"Your the only little bitch I see. And last I checked, the season series is still tied. I mean, silva had to be due against us at sometime, since his era against us had to be higher then the white sox players average age. I guess we just got tired of beating you guys 15-0.

TheTwinsWin
09-16-2004, 03:58 AM

Hey...we win when it counts...in court when we're facing sexual assault charges for beating up a woman in a public restroom...we love you Kirby!!!

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 04:00 AM
Hey...we win when it counts...gloat when you can beat us in a crucial seriesHmmm...when's the last time you won a playoff series?

EDIT - You can will all the divisions you want. Because we will have what we want in 2005 when we take the world series.

TheTwinsWin
09-16-2004, 04:03 AM

Last time we won a playoff series? How about the last time our former superstar threatened to kill his wife? We kick you ass in the number of times that's happened!

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 04:12 AM
"Have you ever worn paper underwear... not so bad."So where is that 2002 WS trophy sitting right now?

RALLLLLLY MONKEEYYYYYYYYYYYY:bandance: (Rally banana?)

DrCrawdad
09-16-2004, 07:02 AM

:dtroll:

http://hjem.get2net.dk/petermad2/cartoons/blueonea.gif

idseer
09-16-2004, 07:16 AM
wow! it's almost like being back on the espn board. :o:

batmanZoSo
09-16-2004, 10:27 AM

Last time we won a playoff series? How about the last time our former superstar threatened to kill his wife? We kick you ass in the number of times that's happened!
You may have a better team to root for, but at least I can speak coherently.

Iceberg3k
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Hmmm...when's the last time you won a playoff series?God you guys are cool. I mean, I came all the way over here to talk trash, because I just can't seem to find anyone nearly as cool as you guys at WSI...

:deadtrolls

Baby Fisk
09-16-2004, 11:12 AM
The great thing about WSI is the ruthless and violent dispatch of trolls. I love that graphic of the troll massacre. :cool:

Twins may be going to the playoffs, but (once again) they'll be out of the playoffs before October is half over.

Hey, circle this Bert: :booty:

voodoochile
09-16-2004, 11:14 AM
The great thing about WSI is the ruthless and violent dispatch of trolls. I love that graphic of the troll massacre. :cool:

Twins may be going to the playoffs, but (once again) they'll be out of the playoffs before October is half over.

Hey, circle this Bert: :booty:
We don't suffer fools and we don't think our regular community should have to either...

bc2k
09-16-2004, 11:52 AM
quote deleted for violation of board policyThe next time Torii spouts off how tuff he is because he's from the ghetto, a journalist needs to ask him how many kids from the ghetto had orthodontic braces like him. :redneck

Skorch
09-16-2004, 12:34 PM
I don't know what the Twins trolls above said, but I've seen some pretty inflammatory things get let go in the past, so I imagine it was pretty unnecessary.

I don't post here much since I don't want to be viewed as someone piling-on in what has had to have been a miserable season to witness. Just the same, I'd like to apologize for whatever behavior they were exhibiting. Rest assured, they don't speak for all Twins fans.

Skorch

Baby Fisk
09-16-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't know what the Twins trolls above said, but I've seen some pretty inflammatory things get let go in the past, so I imagine it was pretty unnecessary.

I don't post here much since I don't want to be viewed as someone piling-on in what has had to have been a miserable season to witness. Just the same, I'd like to apologize for whatever behavior they were exhibiting. Rest assured, they don't speak for all Twins fans.

Skorch
Anyone who can quote MC PeePants is good people! :cool:

balke
09-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Anyone who can quote MC PeePants is good people! :cool:
Agreed. Twins fans aren't bothersome unless they kick a team when they are down at the lowest point like that, late at night w/ no mods around. Much like celebrating the injuries of Thomas or Maggs. I'm sure the same happens after the sweep, and after the playoff/division clinch.

I can think of one troll pathetic enough to do that from the ESPn boards. But still have suspicions it was just a "sox fan" from round here. Either way i am glad to have tough mods around. :cool:

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 05:59 PM

Skorch
They have a right to talk trash since they are owning us for the umpteenth straight season. But they started talking crap about us. Which just doesn't fly.

We don't go out and play for this chicago ballclub, we don't have control of whether we win or lose, so why should we have to deal with that crap.

Anyways, post more, it's more interesting to get another outside of the fanbase perspective. I may hate the twins as a team, but there is always room for intelligent fans.:bandance:

stl_sox_fan
09-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Skorch __________________
"I want candy, bubble gum and taffy,
skip to the sweetshop with my sweetheart Sandy.
Been savin' all my pennies now I'm her sugar-daddy,
I'm her Hume Cronin she's my Jessica Tandy,
I want candy!"

-MC PeePants

Skorch
MC Pee Pants in the Hizzy...and don't you forgizzy!
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4/i/2004/240/7/8/MC_Pee_Pants_in_the_Hizzzzzy.jpg

Treadin trodden trolls for a long long tiiiiiiime!