PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating comments from Fox Sports Radio

bluestar
09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
I was on the road yesterday (driving through Kentucky and Tennessee). I had my radio on Fox Sports Radio (the only sports talk I could find) trying to catch the score of the Sox game. They mostly talked about football, of course, but during one of their score updates, they had the following comments:

Announcer: "A baseball manager's best friend is the Chicago White Sox. They are the sure cure for whatever ails any team. The Angels current lead the White Sox 11 - 0..."

They then went on talking about the Angels, but then added this:

Announcer 1: "The White Sox are so bad, they have started renting out their stadium to other teams."
Announcer 2: "They probably need the revenue!"

(Laughter ensues)

I know this isn't all that unusual, and I know the Sox haven't played well at all much of this season. But that kind of comment is completely unwarranted for a team that is 7 - 3 over their last ten games and just blew out the same team the night before.

I wanted so badly to call in (they didn't take calls), not that it would have done any good.:angry:

kittle42
09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
At least someone outside of Chicago realizes this team exists.

Kogs35
09-13-2004, 11:40 AM

Announcer 1: "The White Sox are so bad, they have started renting out their stadium to other teams."
fox sports radio is pure garbage. theres a reason why there not many affliates with fox sprots radio. second theres going to be a hurricain hitting somewhere in florida i guess that guy doesnt have any heart for the people down in florida i hope some1 teaches that guy a lesson in life. he is disgusting.

Fox sports net's have broken off from fox sports. a lot of them are going down because teams are not happy with them and starting there own networks with the other sports teams in the city they play in ala the new comcast channel. there is a rumor that espn and comcast are trying to buy some of the fox sports net channels and make them into either comcast sports net or espn sportsnet.

sorry for the rant on the fox sports and fsn but i just dont like them anymore

bigfoot
09-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Faux Sports is owned by the same people that own Faux News. See a pattern developing?

jordan23ventura
09-14-2004, 12:44 AM
I was on the road yesterday (driving through Kentucky and Tennessee). I had my radio on Fox Sports Radio (the only sports talk I could find) trying to catch the score of the Sox game. They mostly talked about football, of course, but during one of their score updates, they had the following comments:

Announcer: "A baseball manager's best friend is the Chicago White Sox. They are the sure cure for whatever ails any team. The Angels current lead the White Sox 11 - 0..."

(Laughter ensues)

I know this isn't all that unusual, and I know the Sox haven't played well at all much of this season. But that kind of comment is completely unwarranted for a team that is 7 - 3 over their last ten games and just blew out the same team the night before.

I wanted so badly to call in (they didn't take calls), not that it would have done any good.:angry:
Can you blame them? To go even further, are they doing little more than stretching the truth?

The White Sox have played like crap since Maggs and Frank went down. It hasn't just been that they weren't talented enough, slightly overmatched, etc. They have flat out played like rotten crap. Stupid errors, boneheaded plays, walking in the winning run, giving away grand slams like they were Brewer tickets, not EVER having a fifth starter and not STICKING with a fifth starter, and most of all, showing no heart, and no balls. Like many of us, I had high hopes for this team this year. Another season, another let down.

And hey, after all that, it's no wonder the fans stopped showing up. Simply, crappy team = no fans. They might as well do what the announcers suggested and rent The Cell out to other teams, because WE DO need some revenue.

And another thing, can you even IMAGINE how much crap Tampa Bay gets every year? Or Seattle this year? Or Arizona or Colorado? The media is a fight, and when you let your guard down, you're bound to get hit. I've been a huge Sox fan since I was a little kid, and I always will be, but even I could say much worse about the 2004 White Sox than that.

In short (or length), kudos to the Fox Sports announce team for telling it like it is and refusing to make excuses for a poor excuse of a season.

Soxzilla
09-14-2004, 08:35 AM
I like how they added that 1/3rd of the proceeds, for ticket sales, goes to hurricane relief.

Jag bags.

balke
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
ESPN, and Fox sports have now been religiously been calling U.S. Cellular Field by name. I find it a dry stab at Sox heritage. When we are good, "It's Commisky, it will always be Commiskey!" When we are sure not to be in the playoffs "U.S. Cellular Field, the rent-a-field, in the same city as that team just a little north!"

I hate when they do this to other teams as well. Like laughing because the Browns have won a football game, or flip-flopping on the Phillies based on how far back they are in the East.

iwannago
09-14-2004, 09:27 AM
ESPN, and Fox sports have now been religiously been calling U.S. Cellular Field by name. I find it a dry stab at Sox heritage. When we are good, "It's Commisky, it will always be Commiskey!" When we are sure not to be in the playoffs "U.S. Cellular Field, the rent-a-field, in the same city as that team just a little north!"

I hate when they do this to other teams as well. Like laughing because the Browns have won a football game, or flip-flopping on the Phillies based on how far back they are in the East.
Get over it!

Lip Man 1
09-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Simple answer to all those 'media conspiracy' people.

Have the Sox WIN SOMETHING.

They'll get all the publicity they'll ever need if they do.

Till then they deserve to get dumped on.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM

LipWin something??Other than a division title?? Hey Mark,you
and I know who owns the team.:angry: :angry: :angry:

bluestar
09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I guess it just stings to have people laughing at your team, even if it is justified.

LuvSox
09-14-2004, 12:18 PM

Lip
Right on. Some of you may have missed it, but the White Sox SUCK THIS YEAR. I don't know why you people can't take a jab, especially when our team blows.

steff
09-14-2004, 12:23 PM

It's Comiskey, too :wink:

balke
09-14-2004, 12:25 PM
It's Comiskey, too :wink:
Gad lobs a ganer natsi!

LauraJ14
09-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Right on. Some of you may have missed it, but the White Sox SUCK THIS YEAR. I don't know why you people can't take a jab, especially when our team blows.
But they are not the worst team in baseball, they are over .500 and in 2nd place, those kind of jabs should be sent to KC or Seattle or Colorado or Arizona or to the Mets, Pittsburgh etc.

LuvSox
09-14-2004, 02:10 PM
But they are not the worst team in baseball, they are over .500 and in 2nd place, those kind of jabs should be sent to KC or Seattle or Colorado or Arizona or to the Mets, Pittsburgh etc.
I never said they were the worst team in baseball, I just said they suck. Which they do.

balke
09-14-2004, 02:50 PM
I never said they were the worst team in baseball, I just said they suck. Which they do.
Where does the "suck" line start? Does Texas suck too? Or are we the beginning of the sucks? I want details here.

LuvSox
09-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Where does the "suck" line start? Does Texas suck too? Or are we the beginning of the sucks? I want details here.
It starts with the Sox :D:

balke
09-14-2004, 03:00 PM
It starts with the Sox :D:
At least we are #1 at something. I'll go notify Cleveland, Baltimore, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Seattle, and K.C. of the news. K.C. is going to be so mad that this doesn't start with them.

StepsInSC
09-14-2004, 03:27 PM
At least we are #1 at something. I'll go notify Cleveland, Baltimore, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Seattle, and K.C. of the news. K.C. is going to be so mad that this doesn't start with them.
In my view, he meant it starts with the Sox as in they are the cut off between sucks and doesn't suck, not that they are at the bottom of the barrel.

Lip Man 1
09-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Laura:

The Sox are barely over .500 in the weakest division in baseball. Since the start of the 2001 season they have won 83,81 and 86 games in complete seasons.

Since the 'White Flag Trade' their average seasonal record has been 83-79.

Mediocrity thy name is White Sox.

Lip

LuvSox
09-14-2004, 06:16 PM
In my view, he meant it starts with the Sox as in they are the cut off between sucks and doesn't suck, not that they are at the bottom of the barrel.
Thanks Steps. I thought it was obvious though.

balke
09-14-2004, 07:11 PM
I know

Viva Magglio
09-14-2004, 07:40 PM
It's one thing to say we suck, which our team has done much of the season. However, there is a difference between that and taking cheap shots which the Fox Sports Radio dopes did. Because Fox Sports Radio is so bad, the Score dumped them for Sporting News Radio.

LauraJ14
09-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Laura:

The Sox are barely over .500 in the weakest division in baseball. Since the start of the 2001 season they have won 83,81 and 86 games in complete seasons.

Since the 'White Flag Trade' their average seasonal record has been 83-79.

Mediocrity thy name is White Sox.

Lip
I understand that but to me a team that "sucks" is a team that is way under .500 and finishes in last place. That is not the White Sox and has not been for many years. I guess that I am one of those poor saps that Jerry loves because the Sox are mediocre and I still go to the ballpark to watch them play.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Well Laura if the shoe fits...

Lip

Milw
09-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Win something??Other than a division title?? Hey Mark,you
and I know who owns the team.:angry: :angry: :angry:Ya, must be JR's fault ... previous owners were winning a ton before he took over. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
09-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Ya, must be JR's fault ... previous owners were winning a ton before he took over. :rolleyes:
*** does that have to do with anything?

Honestly, who gives a rats ass what the previous 75+ years of ownership accomplished?

JR sucks and his system for running the team sucks. You don't see that?

I got a good idea, let's blame the current state of the Bulls on their former owner too. :?:

:selljerry

and take the rest of your money grubbing board members with you...:angry:

Milw
09-15-2004, 10:21 PM
*** does that have to do with anything?

Honestly, who gives a rats ass what the previous 75+ years of ownership accomplished?Bill Veeck's revered ... how many more championships did he win than JR? Oh right, none.

Failure to win does not equate a lack of desire to win.

voodoochile
09-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Bill Veeck's revered ... how many more championships did he win than JR? Oh right, none.

Failure to win does not equate a lack of desire to win.
Really? You can prove that for a fact?

Why don't you try speaking for yourself for a while instead of others. I becamse a Sox fan after JR bought the team. I met Bill Veeck and went to school with his kids. I thought he was a great showman who understood the fans, but never equated him with a winner on the field.

Still, none of that has crap to do with JR.

Tell you what. Let's just admit they both suck and move on to the next owner.

I'm game if you are...

Gosox1917
09-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Let's just say that this team sucks right now. We were decent the second half of last year and the first half of this year. Otherwise the last time the team didn't suck was in 2000. Man, those were good days.

JDub35
09-16-2004, 12:21 AM
I guess it just stings to have people laughing at your team, even if it is justified.

I agree, these people are so quick to turn on the Sox.

balke
09-16-2004, 01:35 AM
We are being manhandled by the Twins. We are about to be swept for the second straight time. I understand the reworkings of chemistry w/o Frank or Maggs. I believe we were better than them at one time. Regardless....

There is no better time than now to be confident in the fact that this team sucks. We owned Silva this season, tonight he owned us. We barely limped a run in. Our 3 biggest hitters did jack squat tonight. Our D was horrendous.

TheTwinsWin
09-16-2004, 02:26 AM
:troll

man...I just came here to check out if it was true...but hell yes, you guys are the best fans in baseball!!

pinwheels3530
09-16-2004, 02:40 AM
man...I just came here to check out if it was true...but hell yes, you guys whine like no others...jeez...

Well first off, it's so funny how every Sox fan is like "oh man, we would have been rocking if Frank Thomas and Magglio were not hurt"...it's just that kinda attitude that's had your team losing the past three years(including this one) to us(two of which both Frank and Magglio were around for). Our best hitter Shannon Stewart was out for the first half, Corey Koskie was out for an extended period of time as was Torii Hunter, our marquee guy, our star. But instead of bitching about it and losing...we went out and replaced them and played fundamentally sound baseball...****, tonight the Sox committed three errors...learn to play some defense. The Sox represent all, or at least most, of what is wrong with professional sports nowadays, with a bitching (and not bitching in a good way) team that instead of going out in winning complains about this and that and EVERY year says they are going to go out and own the Twins and then....they crumble, they choke so hardcore.

Don't worry you'll get swept in the playoffs................:dtroll:

TheTwinsWin
09-16-2004, 02:47 AM

Yes, you are correct. We will be swept. Our talent level is so far below New York, Boston, and Oakland, it's not even funny.

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 02:50 AM
man...I just came here to check out if it was true...but hell yes, you guys whine like no others...jeez...

Well first off, it's so funny how every Sox fan is like "oh man, we would have been rocking if Frank Thomas and Magglio were not hurt"...it's just that kinda attitude that's had your team losing the past three years(including this one) to us(two of which both Frank and Magglio were around for). Our best hitter Shannon Stewart was out for the first half, Corey Koskie was out for an extended period of time as was Torii Hunter, our marquee guy, our star. But instead of bitching about it and losing...we went out and replaced them and played fundamentally sound baseball...****, tonight the Sox committed three errors...learn to play some defense. The Sox represent all, or at least most, of what is wrong with professional sports nowadays, with a bitching (and not bitching in a good way) team that instead of going out in winning complains about this and that and EVERY year says they are going to go out and own the Twins and then....they crumble, they choke so hardcore.

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

I bet Boston would be hunting for 1st place if Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz where out for 3/4ths of the season. How do we represent what is wrong with baseball? Our two big boppers got hurt, and we fell in a slump at the most inopportune moment. White sox management felt that on july 31st, this season was probably going to be a lost cause. So we let the trade deadline pass without giving up more talent to get talent for the stretch run, and we brought up our kids to get extended periods of time. Unfortunately our kids don't have the talent of the lew fords and justin morneaus. That just shows how much Ken and douche had ravaged our minor leagues for the past umpteen seasons. The last serviceable player that we brought up, that I can remember, and that is still with this team, is Mark Buehrle...and he played for the 2000 team...that is DISGUSTING.

We have played some pretty spectular defense thus far this year, our hot corners are protected very well with crede/konerko and gload. You can't judge a team on defense by watching one game.

Anyways, those three players you mentioned are nowhere near the level of frank thomas and magglio ordonez, so please don't bring up those comparisons. Frank is a hall of famer, the best torii could do is sniff the jock of a hall of famer, I'm sure molitars is still laying around there somewhere in that inflated creampuff of a stadium.

Otherwise, go enjoy your divisional title you idiot. You show you have no life by trying to ravage a great baseball board, when your team is heading into the playoffs. You should be happy, but no, you've got gardenheires dick so far up your ass you can't sit right unless you let some bile leak from your mouth. A mouth unworthy of sucking the genital warts off jacque-straps 3 inch baby dick.

If the white sox were in the divisional lead, I'd be jumping for joy. Not wasting my life trying to irritate knowledgeable baseball fans.

pinwheels3530
09-16-2004, 02:50 AM
That's your opinion...may be it will happen, I can't read the future...but I do know having Santana and Radke rocking one and two in the playoffs in a three man rotation is going to be a very potent pitching rotation. I'm pretty sure we won't get swept at the very least.

but you WILL loose your the TWINS .....Oakland, Boston all have better pitching than the twins!

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 02:58 AM
but you WILL loose your the TWINS .....Oakland, Boston all have better pitching than the twins!
You can't count out new york. They all turn it up for the playoffs. Hell, too bad they still don't have leyritz and soho.:bandance:

TheTwinsWin
09-16-2004, 03:02 AM

Actually...best pitching team in the AL is...oh wait...the A's! or the Red Sox!!

balke
09-16-2004, 03:04 AM
I don't know what's sadder 1) that this guy went through all the trouble to make a name @ 3 A.M., just to kick a team when they are already down. or 2) that this is probably actually just a sox regular who went through the trouble of making a name @ 3 A.M., pretending to be a twins fan.

There's been so many "sox fan" trolls regardless, I'm almost positive the latter is the case. Either way, I now celebrate the injury of Silva, you cream filled Bas...poop! :yup:

Soxzilla
09-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Actually...best pitching team in the AL is...oh wait...the TWINS! lowest team ERA.

It's funny how just angry and pissed off you guys really are...and how you have to lower yourself to base, crude insults. Whatever.
Mulder - Hudson - Zito - Harden - Redman.

Nuff said.

5 pitchers that I would put on my playoff rotation in a heartbeat. (I wouldn't touch silva, mulholland or lohse with a 200 foot pole, if I had to make a rotation out of the twins starters, for the playoffs)

Lip Man 1
09-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Gang:

The Twins are going to finish better then the Sox for the 4th straight year. They will be going to the playoffs for the 3rd straight season, something the Sox have NEVER done.

I suggest the Sox and Sox fans face up to this reality and deal with it by showing some class.

When the Sox kick the Twins rear then they can talk all they want.

Until then, I suggest to let it go.

Lip

balke
09-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Gang:

The Twins are going to finish better then the Sox for the 4th straight year. They will be going to the playoffs for the 3rd straight season, something the Sox have NEVER done.

I suggest the Sox and Sox fans face up to this reality and deal with it by showing some class.

When the Sox kick the Twins rear then they can talk all they want.

Until then, I suggest to let it go.

Lip
I agree to face up they won. But look at the post just before the troll went on his rant, he obviously can't read. Heck look at the game thread last night, we know it's over, we don't need some moron coming over here to tell us. Things were unclassy all around this morn.

Lip Man 1
09-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Just ignore him.

Lip

balke
09-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Just ignore him.

Lip
NOW you tell me, heh. I must have been hallucinating last night.

If he keeps making posts like that :rolleyes: He can stay here all he wants .

man...I just came here to check out if it was true...but hell yes, you guys are the best fans in baseball!!

Classic :D: