PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher column

mrwag
09-13-2004, 09:53 AM
A great interview from Scooter. Now that guy was a "grinder" through and through. Man, I miss Old Comiskey and that 1990 team ...

southpaw40
09-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Mr. Liptak,,thanks for this article,,,Scott Fletcher is one of my all-time favorite Sox players.
Seems as if each of the players which you have spoken with really enjoyed playing for the Sox.

jshanahanjr
09-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Great article!

Brian26
09-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Not quite as good as the Bill Watts shoot interview, but still an outstanding effort by Lip. Great reading.

Lip Man 1
09-14-2004, 07:18 PM
One 'update' on the interview.

When I originally spoke with Scott he made his comments about the 'last game ball,' and referenced the final game at the original Comiskey Park.

After I had submitted the story, we spoke again a few weeks later. I brought up the 'last ball' in the conversation and Scott corrected himself.

He was talking about the ball from the final night game. In that game Tino Martinez popped up to him to end it. That's the ball that disappeared out of his bag...not the ball hit by Harold Reynolds that he fielded and flipped to Steve Lyons the next day.

Sorry about the confusion.

Lip

Dan H
09-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Enjoyed the interview, especially the memories of the 1983 playoffs. It was tough to relive to disappointment, but I liked the insight on the Dybzinksi base running mistake and the mood of the clobhouse afterward.

mike squires
09-16-2004, 11:19 AM
One 'update' on the interview.

When I originally spoke with Scott he made his comments about the 'last game ball,' and referenced the final game at the original Comiskey Park.

After I had submitted the story, we spoke again a few weeks later. I brought up the 'last ball' in the conversation and Scott corrected himself.

He was talking about the ball from the final night game. In that game Tino Martinez popped up to him to end it. That's the ball that disappeared out of his bag...not the ball hit by Harold Reynolds that he fielded and flipped to Steve Lyons the next day.

Sorry about the confusion.

LipWow, you would think it would have to be somebody affiliated with the Sox. Someone saw him put it in his bag.

:crimedog

"It was Bevington"