PDA

View Full Version : My day at Wrigley!

pinwheels3530
09-12-2004, 07:45 PM
I went to the Marlins/cubs game today, and let me tell you boy was I treated rudely by the ushers, and some of the fans. I had all Sox gear on and these people act like they have never seen a Sox fan in their life:mg: I think they were just mad cause the Marlins spanked them and I made a comment "that's a real baseball team". Well anyways the place does smell and it is very, very dirty!!! I thought that was just talk on this board, but it is true!!!!

The last thing I want to post is that cub fans do care about the sox and are jealous of us, as much as we dislike them. They view us as lower than them with that "your one of them southsiders" attitude. Fans were trying to make comments I just brushed them off, except for one guy who I almost got into it with because he was mad, and tried to take his frustration out on me. Hey it's not my fault Sammy doesn't take the roids or cork his bat anymore!!:D:

whtsx1959
09-12-2004, 08:22 PM
did u pay for the ticket? That means you're supporting a fraction of the payroll.
but who cares, they'll just blow there money on another Fred McWiff

kittle42
09-12-2004, 11:06 PM
did u pay for the ticket? That means you're supporting a fraction of the payroll.
but who cares, they'll just blow there money on another Fred McWiff
Oh puh-leeze. Baseball is baseball. I went to see the Twins in Minneapolis a few times...maybe I am responsible for their continued success.

*****. It's baseball. There's nothing like a day at the game, even if it is at the Urinal.

dcb33
09-12-2004, 11:27 PM
I went to the Marlins/cubs game today, and let me tell you boy was I treated rudely by the ushers, and some of the fans. I had all Sox gear on and these people act like they have never seen a Sox fan in their life:mg: I think they were just mad cause the Marlins spanked them and I made a comment "that's a real baseball team". Well anyways the place does smell and it is very, very dirty!!! I thought that was just talk on this board, but it is true!!!!

The last thing I want to post is that cub fans do care about the sox and are jealous of us, as much as we dislike them. They view us as lower than them with that "your one of them southsiders" attitude. Fans were trying to make comments I just brushed them off, except for one guy who I almost got into it with because he was mad, and tried to take his frustration out on me. Hey it's not my fault Sammy doesn't take the roids or cork his bat anymore!!:D:
What did you expect? To be treated like royalty? There is nothing more foolish to me than people who wear Sox gear to Cubs games and Cubs gear to Sox games, unless they are playing each other. You deserve any of the crap given to you because you really had no reason to wear Sox gear to the game, especially after we lost four out of six to them this year.... if you want to root against the Cubs, wear the gear of the team they are playing...

doublem23
09-12-2004, 11:30 PM
People at Cub games in Sox fans are asking to be treated the way people at the Cell in Cub gear are treated... Poorly.

That's why I just don't go to Cubs Park.

pinwheels3530
09-12-2004, 11:47 PM
What did you expect? To be treated like royalty? There is nothing more foolish to me than people who wear Sox gear to Cubs games and Cubs gear to Sox games, unless they are playing each other. You deserve any of the crap given to you because you really had no reason to wear Sox gear to the game, especially after we lost four out of six to them this year.... if you want to root against the Cubs, wear the gear of the team they are playing...

nope I didn't pay for the tickets..................I should be able to wear whatever jersey that I want and I choose the SOX. When cub fans come to Comiskey I never give them a hard time, so to answer your question I expect to be treated like a human being not like a lower class citizen. The reason I am was wearing my sox jersey is cause I AM A SOX FAN!!! No matter what teams are playing, or which ballpark I am at I will wear my Sox stuff, I shouldn't have to apologize for that, you come across like the ignorant fans that were at the urinal today who talk bad about everything sox just to make themselves feel better.

Your not a real sox fan questioning my loyalty to my team, you might as well go the urinal youreself and wear a cubs hat since I AM SO FOOLISH FOR WEARING MY SOX GEAR, brother I don't consider you a sox fan at all :anon:

joe47
09-12-2004, 11:58 PM
:D:
Were you sitting in along the 3rd base line near the right fielder? I thought I saw someone on TV with a Sox shirt on sitting there.

DrCrawdad
09-13-2004, 12:00 AM

You need to call the SCORE or WGN and tell them about the shabby, disgusting behavior of Cubbie fans at The Shrine. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Cubbie fans whinning about The Cell (and Sox fans) on those two radio stations. Of course, if you do call in no doubt you'll get the response that Cubbie complainers should hear yet never do, 'What do you expect?'

pinwheels3530
09-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Were you sitting in along the 3rd base line near the right fielder? I thought I saw someone on TV with a Sox shirt on sitting there.

Nope sitting on the first base side, on a side note I had a extra ticket so I invited my nephew who is 9 yrs old to go to the game and he didn't want to go cause he doesn't like the cubs, I guess taking him to all those sox games must have really paid off cause now he's a die hard sox fan!:D:

The Critic
09-13-2004, 12:54 AM
I was also at the game today ( my nephew is a season-ticket holder ) and I was stunned at how filthy the park was. When we got to his seats at 11:45 am the aisles were full of yesterday's peanut shells, dried drink spills and even some wrappers flying around. I usually see some trash, but not to the extent that it was there today. Maybe they're afraid to throw a little water on the decaying concrete???

As for the game, I was VERY entertained by the display of horrendous decision making and throwing by the Cubbie corner outfielders. Alou and Sosa made some TERRIBLE throws over the cutoff men when they had ZERO chance of throwing the runners out at home. Extremely dumb outfield play, to say the least...