PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans to be at Cell for Marlins games!

GiveMeSox
09-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Of course they would. They dont work, have nothing to do, the games are in the middle of the day, and they serve beer. I would watch out for more cub fans to be there rooting for the expos than us or marlins fans to be there rooting on the defending champs. I heard something of this on the cubs message board too. Of course they will go in with a negative attitude about our place ranting about how empty the place is, how not cool or fun it is, blah blah blah with BS!!

bigfoot
09-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Of course they would. They dont work, have nothing to do, the games are in the middle of the day, and they serve beer. I would watch out for more cub fans to be there rooting for the expos than us or marlins fans to be there rooting on the defending champs. I heard something of this on the cubs message board too. Of course they will go in with a negative attitude about our place ranting about how empty the place is, how not cool or fun it is, blah blah blah with BS!!
This is easy. Charge every cob fan $150 entry(just say it's Prime Seating), $15/beer, and get some of those $8 grey-meat dogs to make them feel at home.
~Cubs rooting against a team doesn't seem to work at the Urinal or Milwaukee, why would it at Comiskey?
~Send the $ to Fla for the next batch of hurricane victims, later this week.

jortafan
09-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Am I getting ridiculous here, or do we have a very likely chance of seeing some drunken yahoos go running onto the playing field at Wrigley Field during the next two days?

What makes me wonder is that with the Marlins/Expos games at the Cell, we will have those rare occasions where someone can catch two games in a day. Which means there's bound to be some drunken yahoo who spends the first game getting soused, then taking the L to the other park for more of a drinking match.

Usually, when these two-in-a-day games occurs, we're on the receiving end of the drunks, since they get started at Wrigley, then descend onto our turf in their already-intoxicated condition. If you think I'm overreacting, I can't help but remember that Eric Dybas (the mope who tried to attack an umpire in '03) was one of these people, and had likely been drinking for eight or nine hours by the time he felt "encouraged" enough to charge onto the U.S. Cellular Field playing surface.

It will be interesting to see if the Tribune Co. types will have any extra security measures on hand to control the crowds Monday and Tuesday nights. Or, if a so-called fan does manage to charge the field, will Cubs geeks somehow try to blame the White Sox for sending people to their precious park in an inebriated condition?

And as much as I would like to catch one of the games Monday or Tuesday afternoon, I won't be able to make it to the Cell. I have a job. I have to work for a living.

soxwon
09-12-2004, 07:39 PM
i was visiting a cousin on the north side today, we wen't to a drinking establishment on lincoln ave, the cubs were getting bombed and so were most of their fans.

i heard atleast 12 cub fans say tommorow they are all meeting at bars by wrigley at 10am drinking for 2 hours ad heading to the CELL they refer to as the
"pisshole". they said they would be good n Primed and lookin to fight MARLINS fans. so watch out people the DRUNKS are on their way.

GiveMeSox
09-12-2004, 09:14 PM
i was visiting a cousin on the north side today, we wen't to a drinking establishment on lincoln ave, the cubs were getting bombed and so were most of their fans.

i heard atleast 12 cub fans say tommorow they are all meeting at bars by wrigley at 10am drinking for 2 hours ad heading to the CELL they refer to as the
"pisshole". they said they would be good n Primed and lookin to fight MARLINS fans. so watch out people the DRUNKS are on their way.
See thats just wrong, someone should email what u just said to the sox managment office so they can refuse and drunks at the door. Who on earth can afford to go piss away time and money at bars at 10 am and see a day baseball game on a frikin work day. Does these people have no jobs, or do they all work as waiters and clerks part time.

GiveMeSox
09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Am I getting ridiculous here, or do we have a very likely chance of seeing some drunken yahoos go running onto the playing field at Wrigley Field during the next two days?

What makes me wonder is that with the Marlins/Expos games at the Cell, we will have those rare occasions where someone can catch two games in a day. Which means there's bound to be some drunken yahoo who spends the first game getting soused, then taking the L to the other park for more of a drinking match.

Usually, when these two-in-a-day games occurs, we're on the receiving end of the drunks, since they get started at Wrigley, then descend onto our turf in their already-intoxicated condition. If you think I'm overreacting, I can't help but remember that Eric Dybas (the mope who tried to attack an umpire in '03) was one of these people, and had likely been drinking for eight or nine hours by the time he felt "encouraged" enough to charge onto the U.S. Cellular Field playing surface.

It will be interesting to see if the Tribune Co. types will have any extra security measures on hand to control the crowds Monday and Tuesday nights. Or, if a so-called fan does manage to charge the field, will Cubs geeks somehow try to blame the White Sox for sending people to their precious park in an inebriated condition?

And as much as I would like to catch one of the games Monday or Tuesday afternoon, I won't be able to make it to the Cell. I have a job. I have to work for a living.
You would think it would be the other way around since the the marlins game is at 1 and the cubs play later. But from soxwon's comments its like there is no stopping the tribunes marketing creation of drunken frat boys aged 21-30 looking for something to do with there unfufilled yuppie lives.

pinwheels3530
09-12-2004, 10:54 PM

Wrigley is the real pisshole,I was at the game today my girlfriend was commenting on the smell of the place and all the trash everywhere, she saw a bum picking threw the trash inside the park (no it wasn't Ronnie Woo Woo)The place is really nasty, but you can't tell those ignorant northside yuppies anything cause were southside scum that are jealous that they play at the urinal:whatever:

Bisco Stu
09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Finally, championship baseball at the Cell! (uh, the Marlins, I mean. The Fish are actually my 4th fave MLB team now, after beating the Flubs and Skankees back to back).

Jerko
09-13-2004, 08:56 AM
You would think it would be the other way around since the the marlins game is at 1 and the cubs play later. But from soxwon's comments its like there is no stopping the tribunes marketing creation of drunken frat boys aged 21-30 looking for something to do with there unfufilled yuppie lives.
I say someone get there early, pee on a wall furthest away from the playing field, and as the Cub fans walk in, they will naturally gravitate towards what they are familiar with, i.e., piss. Hopefully when they all conglomorate there the rest of the people at the game can actually enjoy it while the Cub fans are in their own little world, you know, like they always are.