PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Teams Done

The Tom
09-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Birmingham lost again tonight, meaning that there are no remaining White Sox teams in the playoffs. Unfortunately, it also means that Ryan McCarthy's year is done. For me, it has been a pleasure to look for his numbers every fifth day this year, but is his season really over? I know some about prospects, but this one is for guys like Daver, Randar, and Rex Hudler. Is there a chance that Ryan McCarthy gets a "what the hell, why not?" start for the big club this year? I understand he's playing winter ball and has had a couple bad starts and is definitely not ready, but there are a couple things that make sense. It would be a good way just to guage how far along he is and try to project his progress, and it would also give Sox fans a preview of what is to come. Who know, maybe even generate some excitement. What are the chances, slim or none?

Daver
09-12-2004, 10:21 AM
The Sox philosophy of rushing pitchers to the big league club has been biting them in the ass for years, but I think that philosophy is changing, I highly doubt you will see McCarthy in a Sox uniform this year.

MRKARNO
09-12-2004, 11:00 AM
btw his name is Brandon McCarthy, not Ryan McCarthy

California Sox
09-12-2004, 12:53 PM
btw his name is Brandon McCarthy, not Ryan McCarthy
Isn't Ryan McCarthy the shortstop for Great Falls? It's scary how much brain space we all have devoted to obscure minor leaguers, isn't it?

Daver
09-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Isn't Ryan McCarthy the shortstop for Great Falls? It's scary how much brain space we all have devoted to obscure minor leaguers, isn't it?
Yes.

The Tom
09-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I was a little tired when i posted that, so my bad. I got a little confused. Fron now on ill just stick with BMac.

DrCrawdad
09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Will anyone be posting a post-season wrap-up on how the Sox minor leaguers did this year?

maurice
09-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Will anyone be posting a post-season wrap-up on how the Sox minor leaguers did this year?
You probably can expect a flurry of Top 10 prospect lists, culminating in the BA list this offseason. My list is just about ready, but I was going to wait a couple of weeks to include complete season stats.

gosox41
09-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Birmingham lost again tonight, meaning that there are no remaining White Sox teams in the playoffs.

At least Sox minor leaguers are preparing themselves for playing ML ball for the White Sox. :D: :D:

Bob

shagar69
09-13-2004, 02:42 PM
At least Sox minor leaguers are preparing themselves for playing ML ball for the White Sox. :D: :D:

Bobyep and thats all that matters!

OurBitchinMinny
09-18-2004, 03:10 AM
Minor league teams done? I dont think so. There is still one playing on 35th and shields.