PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie tears into Buck Showalter

Jjav829
09-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Wow, Ozzie. Wow! This is some good stuff. He absolutely rips Buck Showalter because of Showalter's comments about a recent incident involving John Wetteland coaching first base. I'm not even gonna describe what he says because you have to read this article to get the full effect. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Link (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/111sd4.htm)

PaleHoseGeorge
09-11-2004, 04:29 PM
"Even after the game, I forgot about it. Now all a sudden they come up with his comments [Showalter's] and I think it's unprofessional. But when the 'best manager' in the history of baseball talks about you, that means you're on somebody's mind. And when you're beating the crap out of the best manager in baseball, and we beat the (bleep) out of them, it makes me feel a lot better." When the Sox went to Texas for a two-game series in July, Showalter didn't like the fact that third-base coach Joey Cora made up a lineup card that included head shots of each of the Sox players, as well as their e-mail addresses, mocking Showalter's well-known obsession for details.LMAO! It looks like Ozzie has gotten himself into a World's Tallest Midget contest with Buck Showalter. If this were Garner vs. Bevo, who can doubt the fists would be flying the next time Texas plays the Sox!

:bandance:

p.s.
I'm guessing Daver will be posting Bevington's big-clown manager shoes anytime now.
:cool:

nodiggity59
09-11-2004, 04:32 PM
:hawk

"Mercy"

"Ozzie.....Yes!"

jeremyb1
09-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I never heard the thing about Cora making the lineup card with the photos and e-mails. Completely hilarious.

Daver
09-11-2004, 05:22 PM
p.s.
I'm guessing Daver will be posting Bevington's big-clown manager shoes anytime now.
:cool:

These shoes?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Bevs%20manging%20shoes.jpg

RedPinStripes
09-11-2004, 05:28 PM
LOL! Next brawl is with Texas come spring.

Magglios_Girl
09-11-2004, 05:34 PM
"There are so many different things he might be jealous (of)," Guillen added. "I was a better player than him, I've got more money than him and I'm better looking than him."LMAO! :D:
Gotta love Ozzie! That was a pretty funny article

DumpJerry
09-11-2004, 05:46 PM
:nolanventura
Ozzie......keeping Sox/Rangers' tradition alive!:smile:

soxnut
09-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Those are some of the funniest comments I've ever heard. Way to go Ozzie!

jabrch
09-11-2004, 07:02 PM
"There are so many different things he might be jealous (of)," Guillen added. "I was a better player than him, I've got more money than him and I'm better looking than him."

I love Ozzie!

JoseCanseco6969
09-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow, Ozzie. Wow! This is some good stuff. He absolutely rips Buck Showalter because of Showalter's comments about a recent incident involving John Wetteland coaching first base. I'm not even gonna describe what he says because you have to read this article to get the full effect. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

HELL YEAH! GO OZZIE!!!!! i luv ozzie ball. I want to see a celebrity boxing match with the two. Buck ****! oops i guess both ways is a swear

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Guillen=Awsome :thumbsup:

Nick@Nite
09-11-2004, 10:19 PM
:ozzie
"I have a championship ring on my finger."

How many do you have, Buck?

:kermit

Ozzie vs Buck. Don't need to explain who's who. :kneeslap:

Mohoney
09-11-2004, 11:16 PM
:nolanventura
Ozzie......keeping Sox/Rangers' tradition alive!:smile:
Please let this be Joe Crede next year. Any Rangers pitcher will do.

indysoxfan
09-12-2004, 12:08 AM
this team needs some more of the managers attitude....:D:

cwsox
09-12-2004, 12:16 AM

I think Ozzie should become a poster on a message board where his constant opinionating on everything would be legit

and let some one else manage since Ozzie would rather be a one person editorial board with opinions on everything and spends so much time spouting them rather than manage.

indysoxfan
09-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I think Ozzie should become a poster on a message board where his constant opinionating on everything would be legit

and let some one else manage since Ozzie would rather be a one person editorial board with opinions on everything and spends so much time spouting them rather than manage.
:whiner:

Brian26
09-12-2004, 01:02 AM
"There are so many different things he might be jealous (of)," Guillen added. "I was a better player than him, I've got more money than him and I'm better looking than him."

Quote of the century.

DumpJerry
09-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Please let this be Joe Crede next year. Any Rangers pitcher will do.
Any Ranger pitcher? Shoot, I know several fans and think of some teammates who would do the job to him!

BainesHOF
09-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Ozzie needs to worry about his own team.

dcb33
09-12-2004, 02:52 AM
Ozzie needs to worry about his own team.

Whatever. Schowalter fired the first shots, so he asked for it. If one of your coworkers would make the same kind of comments about how knowledgable you are/the quality of work you produce at your job over a simple question like Ozzie's I'm sure you'd have a similar reaction...

ZachAL
09-12-2004, 02:55 AM
Whatever. Schowalter fired the first shots, so he asked for it. If one of your coworkers would make the same kind of comments about how knowledgable you are/the quality of work you produce at your job over a simple question like Ozzie's I'm sure you'd have a similar reaction...
Yeah, Torii Hunter asked for it too...I will never respect Ozzie as much after that, but this stuff with Showalter is good to hear from Ozzie.

hellenicsoxfan
09-12-2004, 06:17 AM
Farmer and Rooney also dislike Showalter. They spent the whole series ripping him about being an overbearing, pompous control freak who thinks he's God's gift to baseball. Farmer said if he was managing a team that was beating a Showalter team 15-0, he'd leave his best players in the game and keep trying to score more runs. They even used some of the same lines during the broadcasts that Ozzie used (like keeping the key to baseball in his pocket). Apparently, there is deep dislike for Showalter throughout the Sox organization and Ozzie heard Showalter's comments and just let it rip.

Brian26
09-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Farmer and Rooney also dislike Showalter. They spent the whole series ripping him about being an overbearing, pompous control freak who thinks he's God's gift to baseball. Farmer said if he was managing a team that was beating a Showalter team 15-0, he'd leave his best players in the game and keep trying to score more runs. They even used some of the same lines during the broadcasts that Ozzie used (like keeping the key to baseball in his pocket). Apparently, there is deep dislike for Showalter throughout the Sox organization and Ozzie heard Showalter's comments and just let it rip.
Yesterday, Bruce Levine talked about how anal-retentive Buck was in Arizona, even down to choosing what uniform they were going to wear. Levine backed up everything Ozzie said too.

bigfoot
09-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Buck Showalter wishes to become Tim McCarver someday.

soxfanreggie
09-12-2004, 05:22 PM
After a rough day of doing homework and having lost a friend this past weekend, reading about Ozzie actually made me laugh. Thanks Ozzie for sticking one to Buck.:wink:

tebman
09-13-2004, 01:25 PM
I was driving through southern Indiana a couple of months ago and listened to some of a Reds-Cardinals game on WLW. During a lull in the game, Buck Showalter's name came up in Marty Brennaman's chatter. Brennaman went on and on about Showalter, ripping him for his self-importance and his attempt to have Marty's son Thom fired from the Diamondback's broadcast job for questioning his moves.

Apparently Showalter has very few friends in baseball. Makes you wonder how the guy stays in the business.

- tebman

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 02:10 PM
1995 - NY Yankees sack Showalter.
1996 - NY Yankees win World Series.
2000 - Diamondbacks sack Showalter.
2001 - Diamondbacks win World Series.

See the pattern? Bitter, brooding A-holes look at Buck Showalter and hail him as their king.

Tekijawa
09-13-2004, 02:14 PM
1995 - NY Yankees sack Showalter.
1996 - NY Yankees win World Series.
2000 - Diamondbacks sack Showalter.
2001 - Diamondbacks win World Series.

See the pattern? Bitter, brooding A-holes look at Buck Showalter and hail him as their king.
Why didn't we bring him in this year and hire Ozzie Next year then?

I like these comments, I think they'd be even funnier if we were 14 games up on the Twins though...