PDA

View Full Version : Moron/Brantley... Separated at birth?

bigfoot
09-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Jeff Brantley, the greasy weasel on BBTN, apparently thought he had an accurate grasp of the facts. When he proclaimed that Johan Santana was not as worthy of Cy Young consideration as Curt Schilling, on the basis of the lack of "pressure", under which Santana has to pitch, vs that Schilling has to bear in Boston/NY media.
~Brantley, ala Moronotti, found it necessary to compare pitching against the Yankmees with that of the White Sox in a derisive tone deserving three of four in the Moronotti tomato stain scale.
~True to form, a quick check of Santana's record would reveal that he is 1-0/2.59 vs NY;1-0/2.25 vs Bos; 1-2/5.29 vs ChiSox
~Schilling is 1-0/6.42 vs NYY in 2 starts; 2-0/1.80 vs Chisox
~Moronotti/Brantley....separated at birth?

LincolnSquareOz
09-10-2004, 11:32 PM
If the season were to end today and Santana did not win the Cy Young, it would go down as on of biggest rip-offs in baseball history.

Schilling might have more wins and he may give up less HR's/9 innings, but Santana dominates every other category that even matters. It doesn't matter who the competition is...you'd probably have to go back to Sandy Koufax to see someone comparable to what Santana has been doing since June.

Luckily for us, Santana will be pricing his way out of Twinsville and will probably be a Yankee or Red Sox by 2007.

The Cheat
09-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Jeff Brantley, the greasy weasel on BBTN, apparently thought he had an accurate grasp of the facts. When he proclaimed that Johan Santana was not as worthy of Cy Young consideration as Curt Schilling, on the basis of the lack of "pressure", under which Santana has to pitch, vs that Schilling has to bear in Boston/NY media.
~Brantley, ala Moronotti, found it necessary to compare pitching against the Yankmees with that of the White Sox in a derisive tone deserving three of four in the Moronotti tomato stain scale.
~True to form, a quick check of Santana's record would reveal that he is 1-0/2.59 vs NY;1-0/2.25 vs Bos; 1-2/5.29 vs ChiSox
~Schilling is 1-0/6.42 vs NYY in 2 starts; 2-0/1.80 vs Chisox
~Moronotti/Brantley....separated at birth?
I missed Brantley talking tonight -- I wrote something in my blog, only about Rob Dibble, saying the exact same thing. They must have some dumass working behind the scenes who writes their **** for them. There's no way they can both have the same ridiculous thoughts without all sharing the same brain.

The funny part is I almost said something about Brantley replacing Dibble just like he did as closer in Cincy at the end of my entry, but I didn't think Brantley deserved any praise. So I left it out.

http://labbu.url.cjb.net/

Jerome
09-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Luckily for us, Santana will be pricing his way out of Twinsville and will probably be a Yankee or Red Sox by 2007.

YAYY!

To bad they will probably have some stud in the minors to replace him.