PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza does it again

Frankfan4life
09-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Loaiza came on to pitch for the Yankees in relief of C.J. Nitkowski in the 3rd inning with two out and he got Tejada to strike out swinging. He then went on to pitch two scoreless innings while just giving up one hit.

In the 6th inning he gave up 3 earned runs on 3 hits, one of which was a triple, and he walked one batter. He was relieved by Heredia who got the last out.

Tony Gwynn was praising Loaiza for holding Baltimore scoreless. Then Loaiza reverted to form.

I'm not sure if Loaiza would even be a quality 5th starter at this point. It will be interesting to see who would be willing to pay him the big bucks.

LincolnSquareOz
09-10-2004, 10:27 PM
He'll be somebody's 4th or 5th starter at a bargain bin price.

Flight #24
09-10-2004, 11:43 PM
How hilarious would it be for him to rejoin the Sox as a non-roster ST invitee? Unlikely, I know, but possible.

MRKARNO
09-11-2004, 12:17 AM
It's not even news anymore when Loaiza looks like crap. There almost isnt a need for such threads. We probably need only one official "Loaiza sucks again!" thread.

Frankfan4life
09-11-2004, 01:18 AM
It's not even news anymore when Loaiza looks like crap. There almost isnt a need for such threads. We probably need only one official "Loaiza sucks again!" thread.One thing for sure is there will probably be only one "Loaiza kicks butt thread."

Actually, I would like to see one of those, if he were pitching against the Bosox or Twinkies.