PDA

View Full Version : Poor Flubies. Two shut outs in a row!

DumpJerry
09-10-2004, 05:14 PM
The Cubune was not too kind about Game One's results today:
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040910cubsgamer,1,736064.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

It's over, Flubs! Over!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :) :)

Baby Fisk
09-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Ho Ho! Pavano must have thrown something like 30 pitches today. Oh wait, maybe as many as 40, because Sammy was WHIFFING at everything thrown at him. The boos were resounding!

Best line from a Cubbie message board: HOW CAN WE HIT ANYTHING WITH OUR HANDS AROUND OUR THROATS? Ho Ho! :cool:

Brian26
09-10-2004, 05:23 PM
:gulp:

This could be a fun weekend. :D:

ja1022
09-10-2004, 05:28 PM
You know we're all a bunch of sick puppies, getting so much pleasure from the Cubs losing...but it beats drugs. God I HATE the Cubs.

DumpJerry
09-10-2004, 05:46 PM
:gulp:

This could be a fun weekend. :D:Especially if we sweep the Halos and the Bears win!:gulp: :gulp: :dtroll:
BTW, there is nothing sick about cheering a Flub loss. Just spend a second thinking about the mentality and behavior of their fans.:angry:

Gosox1917
09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
A friend of mine here watching the game said and I quote "I nearly wasted money going to the doubleheader today. Thank God I didn't. I hope they don't make the playoffs because I don't want innocent people to pay hundreds of dollars on tickets to watch them get swept."

Finally a Flubs fan I can live with.

HomeFish
09-11-2004, 04:25 PM
The Marlins got wiped out in the second game of the DH and are melting down for the Accursed Ones in Game 3 of the series right now.

Beware, you who call the Cubs dead. They are anything but.

JB98
09-12-2004, 01:38 AM
The Marlins got wiped out in the second game of the DH and are melting down for the Accursed Ones in Game 3 of the series right now.

Beware, you who call the Cubs dead. They are anything but.
And the Astros gagged against Pittsburgh too.

Fish, you and I tried to warn these people, and they didn't listen. The Cubs have a two-game lead in the loss column on the Giants, and I'm afraid there's still a reasonable chance we could be headed for a repeat of 2003.

The Marlins MUST win tomorrow at Wrigley Field, or they're going to be in a bit of trouble.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-12-2004, 09:34 AM
And the Astros gagged against Pittsburgh too.

Fish, you and I tried to warn these people, and they didn't listen. The Cubs have a two-game lead in the loss column on the Giants, and I'm afraid there's still a reasonable chance we could be headed for a repeat of 2003.

The Marlins MUST win tomorrow at Wrigley Field, or they're going to be in a bit of trouble.:violin:

Find something else to whine about, okay?

Palehose13
09-12-2004, 09:56 AM

Beware, you who call the Cubs dead. They are anything butWarned us about what? It's not like I put down some sreious money against the cubs. Are you warning me about hoping? Wow...you have some serious pessimism issues then. You and fish will get along nicely.

Some people like to say "I told you so". What's the joy that? Are we 12, making this face :neener:, and saying "nee-ner"? I got news for you...the season isn't over yet. :rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
09-13-2004, 09:43 AM
A.J. Burnett held the sCrUBS to 1 run over 8 Sunday.Saw some highlights of Moisty A-Looooooooooo-ser overthrowing the cutoff man twice.Crusty says he's tired of the mental mistakes.Get used to it.That's sCrUBbie baseball.

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

"na na na na,na na na na,hey hey hey,sCrUBS SUCK!!!"

SOXSINCE'70
09-13-2004, 09:46 AM
You know we're all a bunch of sick puppies, getting so much pleasure from the Cubs losing...but it beats drugs. God I HATE the Cubs.
Don't you think it works the other way as well??Do you know
how many "Sox Suck" T Shirts you'll see when the Sox play
the sCrUBS at Sox Park once a year??They're just as sick as we are.
Puh-leez!!

kittle42
09-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Puh-leez!!
I may not enjoy those "Sux" shirts with the old '80s logo swinging bat guy swinging and missing, but I think they're pretty creative.

Baby Fisk
09-13-2004, 12:14 PM
I may not enjoy those "Sux" shirts with the old '80s logo swinging bat guy swinging and missing, but I think they're pretty creative.
I've never seen those. Is there an image to be had somewhere? It actually sounds cool in a subversive way. :cool:

DumpJerry
09-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Puh-leez!!
I saw them when I went to our game at the Urinal on July 2. They were selling like hotcakes. I was thinking "Real original. Crack me up, sooo funny! He musta been up all night thinking this one" At the time, we were in first place (ahhh....the good 'ole days) and the Flubs weren't (ahhhh.....the usual). I was tempted to say that day if we suck and are in first and the Flubs aren't, what does that make the Flubs? Rancid??

I still say we're better than the Flubs. We were not expected to win too many games, the Flubs were supposed to win the World Series in three games (somehow). They can barely stay alive for a wild card spot. Who sucks now?