PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Fish Vs Expos Games: "Pretend its the SOX Nite" ...

Hangar18
09-10-2004, 02:53 PM
All fans will be asked to cheer Wildly for the Marlins, and pretend were looking for our 3rd championship ! Heh heh :smile:

GiveMeSox
09-10-2004, 02:54 PM
All fans will be asked to cheer Wildly for the Marlins, and pretend were looking for our 3rd championship ! Heh heh :smile:
Why does all the cool stuff happen when i have to be away at college. I would so do that.

PorkChopExpress
09-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Do you still wear your Sox gear?

balke
09-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Do you still wear your Sox gear?
OH yeah!

We gotta make this sox hate cubs thing more official. There will probably be more sox fans at this game than marlins had in the stands for any game reg season game last year :D:

Maybe Oz can help the marlins steal some signs. heh.

Hangar18
09-10-2004, 03:02 PM
OH yeah!

We gotta make this sox hate cubs thing more official. There will probably be more sox fans at this game than marlins had in the stands for any game reg season game last year :D:

Maybe Oz can help the marlins steal some signs. heh.
Whats the name of that board where the Marlin fans hang out at?
gonna have to step over there and let them know what were up to ...........

Kogs35
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Whats the name of that board where the Marlin fans hang out at?
gonna have to step over there and let them know what were up to ...........
www.marlinsbaseball.com (http://www.marlinsbaseball.com)

santo=dorf
09-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey, now we "boneheaded" Sox fans have a reason to wear our Marlins gear that we bought last October "with what little money we had."
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25802&highlight=bonehead

Sox fans should be prepared to be slammed by the Tribune for rooting for the Marlins.

But hey, **** the Tribune! :tongue:

Clembasbal
09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
I am thinking that there might be a few Scub fans there because they are in the race with the Fish...but even better, yell at Cub fans at a Marlins game...Gotta love it.

batmanZoSo
09-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I just got back from climbingwith Sherpas in the Himalayas. Why are the Expos going to play the Marlins in Chicago?

This is a once in a lifetime thing, I'd like to go. What a weird feeling to go to the Cell and not care about the outcome. And the ticket stud will hold some value, if not just sentimental and comical. What day is this?

Wait, I just realized what this is....

It's the two teams that should be contracted playing in the stadium that should be bulldozed.

Just giving Mariotti a clever line for his next column.

ND_Sox_Fan
09-10-2004, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=batmanZoSo] It's the two teams that should be contracted playing in the stadium that should be bulldozed.[QUOTE]

I think that this is a ringing endorsement of Roger Bossard's work.

Mariotti is trying to figure out why anyone would want to play at The Cell.

robertks61
09-10-2004, 07:04 PM
If I can get off work, or they end up playing a Wednesday game I'll be there rooting for the Marlins with a White Sox hat and a Marlins shirt on!

With a beer in my hand of course!

Tragg
09-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Screw the Marlins.

Save your sheckles and watch the White Sox play some September baseball; donate $5 to hurricane relief if you want.

Foulke You
09-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Y'know, I was kinda bummed that the Sox were out of town when I took my two vacation days next week and lo and behold there are two games being played at Comiskey after all. I may just have to take the L down to the ballpark on Monday for the sheer oddity of this. Two NL teams, one from Florida, one from Canada, playing in an AL park for one of the AL's oldest franchises. I'll wear my Maggs jersey, and kick back down a few MGDs and give this Marlin team their just due. I think we all owe them for dispensing the Cubs last year and saving us all from much misery.:D: I'd rather watch the Sox play there but hey, it is still baseball and it will be kinda neat to be part of a strange quirk in the history of the Sox.

It is odd how these two teams seem to be intertwined. From Ozzie Guillen, Billy Koch, and the support Sox fans gave them last year in the name of our hatred of the Cubs. Perhaps this is a mere precursor to a White Sox vs Marlins World Series this year. :cool:

Rocklive99
09-10-2004, 07:52 PM
It is odd how these two teams seem to be intertwined. From Ozzie Guillen, Billy Koch, and the support Sox fans gave them last year in the name of our hatred of the Cubs. Perhaps this is a mere precursor to a White Sox vs Marlins World Series this year. :cool:
The Expos are kind of in it too, Rauch and Biddle ;)

soxwon
09-10-2004, 10:07 PM
First the stones

then the Boss

now the FISH (not PHISH) in the cell in sept.

WinningUgly!
09-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Back in June, when the Sox dropped 2 out of 3 in Florida, I was hoping that later in the season, the Marlins would be making a trip to the Cell so we could get back at them.

This wasn't exactly what I had in mind. :?: