PDA

View Full Version : It's done, Fish & Expos on South Side Mon & Tues at least

cbrownson13
09-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I was just watching the Cubs game (bear with me) and Steve Stone said that with Hurricane Ivan coming in soon the Marlins are looking to play in either San Diego, Minnesota, or US Cellular Field. If so, do they make tickets available thru whitesox.com or what?

Grobber33
09-10-2004, 03:11 PM
It's going to happen. 1:05 pm I have it on www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com) on the home page.

bobj4400
09-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Let's get out there and support the Fish!!!

Baby Fisk
09-10-2004, 03:19 PM
US CELLULAR FIELD: HOME OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!

mcfish
09-10-2004, 03:24 PM
This is going to be great. I have to go. If anyone sees anything about tickets going on sale, please post it somewhere around WSI.

balke
09-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I wonder what % if any we get of the rake. If the sox are making some cash, let's go out there in droves, and maybe swoon a pitcher or 2?

Go FISH!

OzzieBall2004
09-10-2004, 03:30 PM
They're gonna be on Ticketmaster. Apparently all tix are 15 bucks....5 of which goes to hurricane relief, a nice gesture and likely not Reinsdorfs idea....

cbrownson13
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Tickets are $15 general admission, which is cool. $5 of the ticket goes to hurricane relief. Both games at 1:05.

balke
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM
They're gonna be on Ticketmaster. Apparently all tix are 15 bucks....5 of which goes to hurricane relief, a nice gesture and likely not Reinsdorfs idea....
That'd make a nifty souvenir/collectors item

MisterB
09-10-2004, 03:36 PM
:reinsy
"Told you I'd bring a World Championship team to the southside...."

Hangar18
09-10-2004, 03:36 PM
OK ......... thats pretty STUPID to be playing DAY GAMES.
Put them at NITE so us Working Stiffs can go .......... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

My one chance to see a World Champion Taking the field as the HOME TEAM
and I cant see it ........

GiveMeSox
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Let's get out there and support the Fish!!!.
I gurantee no one interfes with the home team trying to make a catch down the line near the stand at a pivatal point in the game. Hahaha!

Kogs35
OK ......... thats pretty STUPID to be playing DAY GAMES.
Put them at NITE so us Working Stiffs can go .......... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

My one chance to see a World Champion Taking the field as the HOME TEAM
and I cant see it ........
the reason the games r during the day is because of the vendors that work at both comisky and the urinal wont be avalible if the games where at night. so thats why they r day games

Flight #24
I wonder what % if any we get of the rake. If the sox are making some cash, let's go out there in droves, and maybe swoon a pitcher or 2?

Go FISH!
Interesting. Do the Sox get the $$$ or the ISFA? Technically, they own it, right? The team just "rents" it at favorable rates? If it's the Sox, that would be huge. Every little bit helps.

Cold that be another reason why the supposed filming of Mr Baseball was dinged: ISFA objected for some reason, not the Sox? (assuming that the story of rejection is fact and not rumor).

Kogs35
09-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Interesting. Do the Sox get the $$$ or the ISFA? Technically, they own it, right? The team just "rents" it at favorable rates? If it's the Sox, that would be huge. Every little bit helps.

Cold that be another reason why the supposed filming of Mr Baseball was dinged: ISFA objected for some reason, not the Sox? (assuming that the story of rejection is fact and not rumor).
i think it has to do something with rodger bossard. he treats that field that a son and doesnt like when things happen when he is not there. when the sox had a things where u could play catch on the field and when they had people up in the booth talking with hawk and dj about it the sox employee, they mentioned rodger objected to it.

Hangar18
09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Im totally gonna take the afternoon OFF so I can see a World Champion team
win .......... and march to the playoffs !!!!! Are these games Considered Home Games for the Marlins? If Juan Encarnacion hits a Home Run,
will the Fireworks go off? Will Nancy Play Na na na na Hey Hey if they WIN?
WOW, this is actually rare and pretty Exciting. The Marlin uniforms look
like direct COPIES of the SOX home uniforms, with some more TEAL in them.
WE can pretend its the SOX out there ............. and were coming off a CHampionship ........ and ....... and ..........sigh ...... I hate Jerry Reinsdorf.
Go Fish

Hangar18
09-10-2004, 03:47 PM
the reason the games r during the day is because of the vendors that work at both comisky and the urinal wont be avalible if the games where at night. so thats why they r day games

yeah.... and I also remember that the games had "temp" vendors from other stadiums. Move These Games TO NITE GAMES

Kogs35
09-10-2004, 03:49 PM
will the games be shown on tv here?

JGarlandrules20
09-10-2004, 03:52 PM
1:05?? That's so not fair! I would skip school but I have so many test/quizzes on Monday and Tuesday.

I wanted to see Miguel Cabrera play.:(:

anewman35
09-10-2004, 04:00 PM
will the games be shown on tv here?
I doubt it, but it would be cool if they could work out a deal. At the very least, if anybody goes we need a full report about the expierence.

Grobber33
09-10-2004, 04:12 PM
I doubt it, but it would be cool if they could work out a deal. At the very least, if anybody goes we need a full report about the expierence.
The games are on Fox Sports Florida,so if you have a Dish you can get them. Otherwise,no plans for FSC to pick them up here.

GiveMeSox
09-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Apologies if this has been posted already, but I was just watching the Cubs game (bear with me) and Steve Stone said that with Hurricane Ivan coming in soon the Marlins are looking to play in either San Diego, Minnesota, or US Cellular Field. If so, do they make tickets available thru whitesox.com or what?
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040910&content_id=853464&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

ZachAL
09-10-2004, 04:26 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040910&content_id=853464&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Thats so cool, wish I was in Chicago to check it out...especially $15 tickets, general admission and $5 of each ticket goin to hurricane relief

inta
09-10-2004, 04:27 PM
15$ general admission.

i think i might try to hit one of these up. too bad they're in the afternoon... lotta cub fans i'm sure.
i wouldnt mind getting a few kosher dogs under my belt before the winter.

whtsx1959
09-10-2004, 04:29 PM
1:05 games
i hate school

inta
09-10-2004, 04:30 PM
will they use billy koch's old jumbotron video?

Hangar18
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
How cool would it be ...........for the Young Underdog Marlins to beat the

Overpriced, Primadonna, $100 Million Evil Super Corporation ?? Good vs Evil.
Finally, somethng to get excited about ........

Jerko
09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
FYI for those interested:

WHITE SOX ANNOUNCE DETAILS ABOUT MARLINS-EXPOS GAMES

CHICAGO The Chicago White Sox announced the following details for fans
planning to attend the Montreal Expos vs. Florida Marlins games at U.S. Cellular
Field on Monday and Tuesday (September 13-14):

Both games will begin at 1:05 p.m. CDT.

Gates to the ballpark will open at 12:05 p.m. CDT.

All tickets will be lower deck general admission and will cost $15. $5 from each
ticket sold will be donated to a Florida Hurricane Relief Fund.

Tickets will be available beginning on Saturday, September 11 at 10 a.m. online
at whitesox.com, at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office, through TicketMaster
phone lines at (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland TicketMaster ticket outlets,
including Coconuts and Carson Pirie Scott locations. Cash and credit cards will
be accepted.

Cash parking is available in Lot C (35th Street and Shields) for $10 on day of
game only.

npdempse
09-10-2004, 05:07 PM
IMO, $15 is idiotic (see my note to the Sox in the other thread on this). You can get tickets for less than that to regular Monday games, which are NEVER during the day. Reinsdorf's greed is going to minimize the amount going to hurricane relief. Remember that Phillies/Sox game a couple of weeks back. Paid attendance of fewer than 6k!

When the NFL moved MNF because of the fires in San Diego last year, Phoenix got to go to the game for free, and the place still looked empty

anewman35
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
IMO, $15 is idiotic (see my note to the Sox in the other thread on this). You can get tickets for less than that to regular Monday games, which are NEVER during the day. Reinsdorf's greed is going to minimize the amount going to hurricane relief. Remember that Phillies/Sox game a couple of weeks back. Paid attendance of fewer than 6k!

Stop with the "Reinsdorf's greed" ****. You have no idea whatsoever who's idea the price is, or where the money will go. I highly doubt the Sox will actually see any of it (and if they do, it won't be a very big percentage). I imagine most (probably all) of the money is going to the Marlins and the ISFA. Don't blame Reinsdorf until we know the facts.

John Barrett
09-10-2004, 05:15 PM
dress like Bartman... and bring signs thanking them for last year!!!!

npdempse
09-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Stop with the "Reinsdorf's greed" ****. You have no idea whatsoever who's idea the price is, or where the money will go. I highly doubt the Sox will actually see any of it (and if they do, it won't be a very big percentage). I imagine most (probably all) of the money is going to the Marlins and the ISFA. Don't blame Reinsdorf until we know the facts.
Reinsdorf has the say-so over what goes on at the park. We know this to be fact. Maybe he didn't name the price, but this has his MO written all over it.

Now hows about figuring out how to use the English language without cussing at strangers with asterices, eh pookie?

inta
09-10-2004, 05:23 PM
When the NFL moved MNF because of the fires in San Diego last year, Phoenix got to go to the game for free, and the place still looked empty
you can't compare that MNF thing to this at all.
MNF has HUGE corporate sponsorship that can cover the costs of running a park, concessions, insurance, etc for such an event.
the sox don't.

this game has nothing to do with the sox anyway so why are you whining? you don't have to go.

AddisonStSox
09-10-2004, 05:23 PM
http://www.miami.com/images/realcities/realcities/7022/49310006774.jpg

"Wait a minute, Wait a minute, whos in town? $15. Yeah I'm there."

pudge
09-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I think we have some kind of spiritual bond with The Fish... I wish I was in town to go root for them...

anewman35
Reinsdorf has the say-so over what goes on at the park. We know this to be fact. Maybe he didn't name the price, but this has his MO written all over it.

Now hows about figuring out how to use the English language without cussing at strangers with asterices, eh pookie?
Ooh, scary, somebody is critizing my language skills over the internet. Scary. It's totally deserved, though, I'm clearly the worst English speaker on this board, sorry.

Anyway, think of it this way. $5 off the top is charity. That makes the ticket price $10. Out of that, the Sox have to pay everybody working at the game (and if you assume not many people will show up, then it's important to have a high enough ticket price to pay all the employees - we don't want the Sox losing money on this deal, do we?)

woodenleg
I hear the Monday flu is going around again....cough, cough....

JoseCanseco6969
09-10-2004, 05:34 PM
monday and tuesday...no chance I could get off school and work.

But Wednesday looks good. Hoping for a doubleheader

Clembasbal
09-10-2004, 05:45 PM
monday and tuesday...no chance I could get off school and work.

But Wednesday looks good. Hoping for a doubleheader
Too bad there is no guarantee that there is any games Wednesday. Also, I am not concerned about the $15 for a ticket, because it is MLB and $5 goes for huricane relief...plus I am guessing it is general admission so you sit where you want.

My concern is that it is $10 for parking, the heck if I am going to pay that, there has to be some rule in Bridgeport where I can park there because it is not the "day of a game parking"...it is not the White Sox. I will see.

I will be there Monday, BTW...I can't afford to miss two days of teaching.

longshot7
09-10-2004, 06:08 PM
How cool would it be ...........for the Young Underdog Marlins to beat the

Overpriced, Primadonna, $100 Million Evil Super Corporation ?? Good vs Evil.
Finally, somethng to get excited about ........
The Expos?????

Iguana775
09-10-2004, 06:37 PM
maybe Pavano can see what a great stadium it is and want to sign here in the offseason. ;)

Kogs35
09-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Gene Honda "Now batting for the Marlins number 16 Wil Cordaro"

soxinthecity
09-10-2004, 06:44 PM
so why was'nt game one of marlins/cubs played at the cell with marlins being the home team?

was this ever considered.

Aidan
09-10-2004, 06:45 PM
The best thing about the Marlins coming to the Cell...

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/players/action/ph_150477.jpg
"Hey guys! I'm BAAACK!!!"

Rocklive99
09-10-2004, 06:58 PM
This is pimp, I was mad about the day games, but it works out good for me on Tuesday, since my last class is at 11. I hope a lot of people go, so Jerry can see that if you put a winner on the field, people will come.

This should be interesting, the graphics and such. I'm guessing they will use the NL rule and not have the DH.

EDIT: According to Yahoo, Beckett is pitching Monday, dang I wanted to see him

Fenway
09-10-2004, 08:28 PM
This should be interesting

I hope they draw more than the Yankees did yesterday

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040909/capt.nyy10509092133.devil_rays_yankees_nyy105.jpg

npdempse
09-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Ooh, scary, somebody is critizing my language skills over the internet. Scary. It's totally deserved, though, I'm clearly the worst English speaker on this board, sorry.
Sorry, I shouldn't have gone there. Still, let's try to keep the discussions vaguely classy.

Anyway, think of it this way. $5 off the top is charity. That makes the ticket price $10. Out of that, the Sox have to pay everybody working at the game (and if you assume not many people will show up, then it's important to have a high enough ticket price to pay all the employees - we don't want the Sox losing money on this deal, do we?)
It just stretches my imagination that they NEED to charge this much to get the game running, when there are tickets available for less than $10 to games on a regular basis. The upper deck won't even be open for this game. And is $10 necessary for parking? This has profiteering written all over it, and will result in a nearly empty stadium. They should charge as little as possible to maximize the amount collected for hurricane relief and get a good crowd at the park, show off Chicago as a good baseball town.

soxwon
09-10-2004, 11:02 PM
only $15 a tix lower bowl gen admission

lets get a hread count for monday im 1

voodoochile
09-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Anyone else get the impression this is another shot at the flubbies? I can just picture Brooks Boyer LHFAO!

Fenway
09-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Comments on Red Sox radio

Jerry Trupiano The Marlins will play Montreal Monday and Tuesday at the home of the White Sox.

Joe Castiglione Think they will draw 1,000?

Jerry Trupiano Not a chance. If they had played at Wrigley they would get 5,000 who just want to see the park.

ewokpelts
09-11-2004, 12:07 PM

Cold that be another reason why the supposed filming of Mr Baseball was dinged: ISFA objected for some reason, not the Sox? (assuming that the story of rejection is fact and not rumor).they wanted to shoot around the time of teh all star game last year..bernie se dit himself during a mlb radio interview.
gene

ewokpelts
09-11-2004, 12:10 PM
This should be interesting

I hope they draw more than the Yankees did yesterday

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040909/capt.nyy10509092133.devil_rays_yankees_nyy105.jpg
according to mlb.com...the yankmees drew 41k thursday

ewokpelts
09-11-2004, 12:21 PM
yeah.... and I also remember that the games had "temp" vendors from other stadiums. Move These Games TO NITE GAMESthe staff for brewers games will be held up too...as the brew crew is at home vs the giants.

ewokpelts
09-11-2004, 12:23 PM

When the NFL moved MNF because of the fires in San Diego last year, Phoenix got to go to the game for free, and the place still looked emptythe philly/sox games was a half price monday game...adn the sox gave FREE tickets to st holders that had the 6/10 game in thier plans.
Gene

soxwon
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
only $15 a tix lower bowl gen admission

lets get a thread count for monday im 1
so im the only one going?
come on lets fill the place.

JGarlandrules20
09-11-2004, 10:09 PM
so im the only one going?
come on lets fill the place.I'll be there.

Jerome
09-12-2004, 04:44 PM
1:05?? That's so not fair! I would skip school but I have so many test/quizzes on Monday and Tuesday.

I wanted to see Miguel Cabrera play.:(:

Yea me too. Maybe I use the excuse that I'm helping the Hurricane victims lol.