View Full Version : #72 For Bonds

FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 12:09 AM
:barrybonds

I'm a machine.

cheeses_h_rice
10-06-2001, 12:17 AM
Goddamn incredible, I say.

I've missed both homers tonight, flipping around (c'mon, had to watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm"). I couldn't believe he hit 72 so quickly.

72, 73, 74, whatever -- this is a record that's going to last a LOOOONG time, trust me. Just incredible.

:shammy

Remember me? I have 62!

GASHWOUND
10-06-2001, 12:18 AM
Everybody should've known that Barry would have a great night tonight. Chan Ho is on the mound. This is the same guy who gave up two GrandSlams in the same inning to the same guy.(Tatis)

Baldwin's on the mound tomorrow, Do I hear 80!!! :)

FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 12:21 AM
72, 73, 74, whatever -- this is a record that's going to last a LOOOONG time, trust me. Just incredible.
:shammy

I'm going to spend a lot of money on "vitamins" this winter!

ihatethecubs
10-06-2001, 12:29 AM

:hurt
"I guess you guys really didn't get to see me in action at Comiskey with the new dimensions!"

cheeses_h_rice
10-06-2001, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs

:hurt
"I guess you guys really didn't get to see me in action at Comiskey with the new dimensions!"

Right, Frank, I totally forgot.

With that sub-.200 average you had this year, I guess you'll get, oh, 13 homers in 2002!

(Just kidding.)

Chisox_cali
10-06-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I just have a feeling the way it's going it will be broken with in the next 10 years or so. So many guys are crushing the ball now. I mean look at A-Rod he has 52 and he's 26. Remeber when 50 HR's was a big thing and look at any of those young power hitters Glaus etc. Just what I think.

FarWestChicago
10-06-2001, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I just have a feeling the way it's going it will be broken with in the next 10 years or so. So many guys are crushing the ball now. I mean look at A-Rod he has 52 and he's 26. Remeber when 50 HR's was a big thing and look at any of those young power hitters Glaus etc. Just what I think. Let's see them match the OBP and slugging percentage.

LongDistanceFan
10-06-2001, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Let's see them match the OBP and slugging percentage. ok.......... now for me eating crow.i never wanted bonds to break it or even tie the record. he has broken the record. good for him, this is a feat that seems to be the norm. it is an accomplishment and congrats to him. for all the fans who back him, i am happy for you guys.

oh man, this hurt me saying this.

Spiff
10-06-2001, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Goddamn incredible, I say.

I've missed both homers tonight, flipping around (c'mon, had to watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm"). I couldn't believe he hit 72 so quickly.

Cheeses you are obviously a well-informed person. That show is one of the funniest I've ever seen. Larry David is a genius.