PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie helping Urbina through ordeal

PorkChopExpress
09-10-2004, 01:07 PM
There's an article on whitesox.com referring to this.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20040909&content_id=852619&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

Not to downplay the severity of the situation, but will this help us woo Urbina to our pen next year?

santo=dorf
09-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Not to downplay the severity of the situation, but will this help us woo Urbina to our pen next year?
I hope so. He was living in Ozzie's house in the offseason and Ozzie said he wanted to play here. Does Urbina have a team or players option for next year?

npdempse
09-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I hope so. He was living in Ozzie's house in the offseason and Ozzie said he wanted to play here. Does Urbina have a team or players option for next year?
Does EVERYBODY live in Ozzie's house? That's got to be a big house.

Ugie's developing a tradition of holding out for, and pretty much getting, stupid money. Not a good formula for becoming a White Sox. Perhaps a mid-season trade at some future date, but don't bet on it.

Jjav829
09-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Does EVERYBODY live in Ozzie's house? That's got to be a big house.

Ugie's developing a tradition of holding out for, and pretty much getting, stupid money. Not a good formula for becoming a White Sox. Perhaps a mid-season trade at some future date, but don't bet on it.Here's to hoping that Miguel Cabrera spends more time in Ozzie's house this offseason. :gulp:

I wonder where Victor Martinez lives. His idol is Ozzie, maybe he lives nearby. :smile:

Nard
09-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Ozzie may be a ****ty manager, but you can't argue that he doesn't have the connections. Urbina, Freddy, all of those Marlin potentials.

balke
09-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Ozzie may be a ****ty manager, but you can't argue that he doesn't have the connections. Urbina, Freddy, all of those Marlin potentials.
This helps me hold back full dislike of Ozzie. I'll always regard him better than Manuel, even if they are the same manager.

bigfoot
09-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Do Carlos Beltran and Adrian Beltre need a place to live this winter, too?