PDA

View Full Version : Jack McDowell lectures Kevin Brown on proper tantrum-throwing

HomeFish
09-09-2004, 02:49 PM
I kid you not. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBqdGgyMXV0BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwNl Y2w-?slug=jm-rage0909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

My favorite part:

The fulfilling portion of the uniform rip is the demolition of the pants. There are not many players who have actually done this correctly and enjoyed the experience to its fullest, so I am here to explain.

The belt must be undone to allow the zippered portion of the pants to be reached. Once this quick move is done, the player must pull at his pants from each side until the zipper is forced to give way and begins to open. As the zipper reaches its endpoint and has nowhere to go, this is where the fun part begins.

The frustrated player must keep pulling with all his anger and strength until the pants begin to rip at the zippers' end. The initial pull will create quite a long tear in the pants down one of the legs. The snap does not end here, however.

It will take two or three more struggling tears and pulls to keep the rip going until the entire leg of the pants has been freed. After this is accomplished, there is no more anger and no more frustration to deal with.

Baby Fisk
09-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Black Jack forgot about the mental benefits of flipping everyone in Yankee Stadium the bird. That's the All Time Best Black Jack Moment! :cool:

Hangar18
09-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Isnt BlackJack the best man? Thats why I had him autograph a road gray
jersey from 93 ...... one of my favorite pieces

Baby Fisk
09-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Isnt BlackJack the best man? Thats why I had him autograph a road gray
jersey from 93 ...... one of my favorite piecesAbsolutely the craziest and best. I've spent the past 10 years trying to grow a proper Black Jack moustachio. Since I'm blond, it looks more like Kerry Wood's peach fuzz. Sadly, no one's had the heart to tell me to just let it go and preserve what's left of my dignity... :redface:

Mohoney
09-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Next year's pitching coach, anyone?

HomeFish
09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Next year's pitching coach, anyone?

On the North Side, maybe.

Mohoney
09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
On the North Side, maybe.
Why? Why not here? Maybe he can work well with a fellow split-finger pitcher like Contreras.

SOXSINCE'70
09-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Why? Why not here? Maybe he can work well with a fellow split-finger pitcher like Contreras.
I don't think Don Cooper's job is in jeopardy,but after the last few seasons of dreck on the mound,maybe it should be.Too bad you can't fire Jon Garland!!:D: :D:

doublem23
09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I don't think Jerry Reinsdorf will be signing any checks over to Jack McDowell any time in the forseeable future.

Baby Fisk
09-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I don't think Jerry Reinsdorf will be signing any checks over to Jack McDowell any time in the forseeable future.I just read Minnie Minoso's autobiography (totally biased book review coming soon, I promise!), and Reinsdorf himself writes a preface where he rips selfish Sox players for raising a stink when it was proposed that Minoso play in a Sox game at the end of the 93 season (making him a 6-decade pro ball player). McDowell seems to be implicated, and Reinsdorf is pretty scathing in print. Imagine what he thought of Black Jack in private.

doublem23
09-10-2004, 01:40 PM
I thought that MLB put a stop to Minoso coming back for a game at the end of 1993, saying that is was a silly PR stunt. :?:

Baby Fisk
09-10-2004, 01:45 PM
I thought that MLB put a stop to Minoso coming back for a game at the end of 1993, saying that is was a silly PR stunt. :?:Correct, but JR also makes a great effort to basically BLAME HIS DIRTY ROTTEN PLAYERS for raising a fuss as well.

:reinsy
"Having Minoso play for us in 1993 would have been marketing gold. Gold, I tell ya! Who you gonna believe, me, or a punk-ass ballplayer who likes to rip his own pants off?"

cubhater
09-13-2004, 08:27 PM
I thought that MLB put a stop to Minoso coming back for a game at the end of 1993, saying that is was a silly PR stunt. :?:
Wasn't it 1990? I thought there was talk of him playing in the final game at Old Comiskey.

Clembasbal
09-13-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't think Don Cooper's job is in jeopardy,but after the last few seasons of dreck on the mound,maybe it should be.Too bad you can't fire Jon Garland!!:D: :D:
That's too bad because he stinks, all he does before the games is look at chicks in the stands (something us fans should do, not him). Anyway, he doesn't know crap, did he even smell a jock in the big leagues?