PDA

View Full Version : bits of news from the cell yesterday

ewokpelts
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
hey all....
I was at the cell on business yesterday and got this scoop:
1. no st holder party this year. if it happens it'll be in the offseason..the main reason why.......
2. Patio will be rennovated for 05. No details aside from that it'll happen, and that it's the main reason why there may not be a st holder party.
3. Ticket Invoices for 2005 will be mailed out oct 1.
4. the team isnt planning on mailing out playoff invoices any time soon. but that may change depending on the standings.
5. 2005 individual tickets will go on sale during soxfest(jan14-16). Cub tickets may not go on sale(like this year). As a result, season and group sales pushes will start earlier.
oh...and 6.....prices MAY go up again
Gene

dllrbll7
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
hey all....
5. 2005 individual tickets will go on sale during soxfest(jan14-16). Cub tickets may not go on sale(like this year). As a result, season and group sales pushes will start earlier.
Gene
Hey Gene have they already started a list for the group tickets for next year? I need to get myself on the list if there is one

kittle42
09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
As a result, season and group sales pushes will start earlier.

Good move. They can get the money from us before they disappoint us with their lack of meaningful offseason acquisitions.

:reinsy
"Bingo."

Clembasbal
09-09-2004, 02:37 PM
I hope that they still give me a season ticket holder party ticket, cause this could possibly the last year I get them...moving to Homer Glen has put a samper on that!

npdempse
09-09-2004, 02:43 PM
I hope that they still give me a season ticket holder party ticket, cause this could possibly the last year I get them...moving to Homer Glen has put a samper on that!
Seriously, I'll be super disappointed if we don't get one this year. With the crap they've put on the field, I want some damned perks. The "one lawnchair per account" that we got just isn't cutting it. :angry:

Clembasbal
09-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Seriously, I'll be super disappointed if we don't get one this year. With the crap they've put on the field, I want some damned perks. The "one lawnchair per account" that we got just isn't cutting it. :angry:
Well, you are right it was terrible...but I am just glad it was that because I was going in thinking that it was going to be a Loiaza bobblehead - which would have definately not have covered it.

It might have just been two years ago, or more, but I remember when the Sox threw two STH parties...one during the year and one after. Not to mention that my guy, Tom Collins, threw a party inside a sky box for a game - which they will never going to do again I bet.

CubKilla
09-09-2004, 03:21 PM
4. the team isnt planning on mailing out playoff invoices any time soon. but that may change depending on the standings.
Are you serious? They actually mentioned this?

Tekijawa
09-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey Gene have they already started a list for the group tickets for next year? I need to get myself on the list if there is one
I have Cubs Sox Patio groups every year on Sunday, I've been trying to move it to the Saturday game for 2 years now... Games liek this are given to the people that had them the year before. My guess is that few of the other series get "grandfathered" like this. Just call a ticket rep once group sales start. they'll help you out.

alohafri
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Homer Glen isn't far. It is just south of me, and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to the Cell from home.

ozzman
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Where in Homer Glen you moving to? I lived there for 15 years with my parents until I moved out when I got married.

Clembasbal
09-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Homer Glen isn't far. It is just south of me, and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to the Cell from home.
I must be smoking something, because it takes me 25 minutes to get to I-55, not to mention the 25 minutes it takes then to get to the cell, withour traffic.

Let's just say I do not want to drive it 30 so odd times a year, and Bell and 143rd or so.

So, having season tickets for the last 16 years, 1989 on, will go by the wayside because of my location. Personally, I think the Sox should move out to Plainfield, a ton of Sox fans in the SW suburbs and for sure far enough from the Cubs to get 35,000+ a game...just never going to happen.

ozzman
09-09-2004, 04:25 PM
my parents live just north of 143rd and parker, so not too far from there. it takes you 25 minutes to get to 55 going down bell to archer and then down 83? With no traffic it always takes me 10-12.

lths06
09-09-2004, 05:32 PM
my parents live just north of 143rd and parker, so not too far from there. it takes you 25 minutes to get to 55 going down bell to archer and then down 83? With no traffic it always takes me 10-12.
Yea, its oly like 45 min. to the Cell from my house in Homer. I live at 143rd and Golden Oak (right by the Purple Onion restaurant). Everybody in Homer has been there at least once.

ozzman
09-09-2004, 05:42 PM
the only time it takes 45 mins to get to the cell from there is when traffic is bad. usually it takes right around 30-35 mins. of course everyone from homer has been to purple onion!

Mots09
09-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know what day tickets go on sale for Sox Fest? It's earlier in the winter this year isn't it usually in Feb?

Daver
09-09-2004, 06:30 PM
I must be smoking something, because it takes me 25 minutes to get to I-55, not to mention the 25 minutes it takes then to get to the cell, withour traffic.

Let's just say I do not want to drive it 30 so odd times a year, and Bell and 143rd or so.

So, having season tickets for the last 16 years, 1989 on, will go by the wayside because of my location. Personally, I think the Sox should move out to Plainfield, a ton of Sox fans in the SW suburbs and for sure far enough from the Cubs to get 35,000+ a game...just never going to happen.
Your going the wrong way.

Head south to 159th, turn left and go to LaGrange, turn right and go to 1-80, and then get on 57 northbound. It is ten miles more in mileage, but you should be able to make the trip in 35-40 minutes.

ewokpelts
09-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey Gene have they already started a list for the group tickets for next year? I need to get myself on the list if there is oneI was there to try getting in on scrubs tix early...i even offered cash in advance...but I was told it wont open up til later this year.
Gene

ewokpelts
09-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Are you serious? They actually mentioned this?I was having some straight talk with my rep.....
Gene

ewokpelts
09-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know what day tickets go on sale for Sox Fest? It's earlier in the winter this year isn't it usually in Feb?november?
Gene

p.s. if you arent getting the hotel package, or getting them through the sales office(if you're a st holder)...just go to the ballpark...no sense in paying services chARGES FROM TM.

ewokpelts
09-09-2004, 10:46 PM
hey all....
I was at the cell on business yesterday and got this scoop:
1. no st holder party this year. if it happens it'll be in the offseason..the main reason why.......
2. Patio will be rennovated for 05. No details aside from that it'll happen, and that it's the main reason why there may not be a st holder party.
3. Ticket Invoices for 2005 will be mailed out oct 1.
oh...and 6.....prices MAY go up again
Genebump

pinwheels3530
09-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Well, you are right it was terrible...but I am just glad it was that because I was going in thinking that it was going to be a Loiaza bobblehead - which would have definately not have covered it.

It might have just been two years ago, or more, but I remember when the Sox threw two STH parties...one during the year and one after. Not to mention that my guy, Tom Collins, threw a party inside a sky box for a game - which they will never going to do again I bet.

Tom Collins is my season ticket rep too I didn't know anything about a sky box party!:dunno:

steff
09-10-2004, 08:48 AM

We drive 48 miles EACH WAY.

Clembasbal
09-10-2004, 09:52 AM
We drive 48 miles EACH WAY.
Do you all stay the entire game, or leave early? I find myself leaving about the 7th innings (unless the game is quick) so I can get up for work (5am).

The purple onion, BTW, was the first place I went to when we got here because of all the talk about it.

Also, if Tom Collins is your rep and he did not give you a sky box party he must think you are going to stay with the Sox no matter what. My family has had it for 16 years, but maybe he thought we were not interested anymore since we seemed to be downsizing the last few years.

With all of this talk, I might get tickets again I dunno...I just wish they were closer. Who knows, if I get the right plan and good seats (weekend) maybe I will do it.

Right now, front row, left field 2 seats, 162...is about as good as they get...

alohafri
09-10-2004, 01:10 PM

So, having season tickets for the last 16 years, 1989 on, will go by the wayside because of my location. Personally, I think the Sox should move out to Plainfield, a ton of Sox fans in the SW suburbs and for sure far enough from the Cubs to get 35,000+ a game...just never going to happen.You can always watch over a Chesdan's pizza! They are Sox fans.

I'd prefer they move to Willowbrook. I could eliminate the cost of parking that way.

alohafri
09-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Tom Collins is my season ticket rep too I didn't know anything about a sky box party!:dunno:
Not to mention your drink of choice!:D:

alohafri
09-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Do you all stay the entire game, or leave early? I find myself leaving about the 7th innings (unless the game is quick) so I can get up for work (5am).

The purple onion, BTW, was the first place I went to when we got here because of all the talk about it.

No! Not the Purple Onion! Chesdans! 163rd and Bell.

Not only does she stay for the whole game, she closes Jimbos! (Just kidding Steff!)

Brian26
09-10-2004, 01:16 PM

This is the best way to get there. Going over to LaGrange and fighting the traffic and construction northbound all the way to the Stevenson is absolutely nuts.

Brian26
09-10-2004, 01:18 PM
No! Not the Purple Onion! Chesdans! 163rd and Bell.

Not only does she stay for the whole game, she closes Jimbos! (Just kidding Steff!)

I ate at a place called "Steamers" a couple of nights ago, right across the street.

Clembasbal
09-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Good to know that there are Sox fans at Chesdan's...which is from my old neighborhood, except they moved out like 5 or so years ago, I used to go there as a kid all of the time. That and Palermo's, which is right by as well.

I am like in Little Italy of the Southwest suburbs and I love it! Not to mention that my polish side will be enhanced with Bobak's about to arrive.

You know what would be a good idea...my college has parties away from campus for alumni, maybe the White Sox should do something like that for season ticket holders...like a party at a banquet hall or VFW with all you can eat and drink...that would be cool.

alohafri
09-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Good to know that there are Sox fans at Chesdan's...which is from my old neighborhood, except they moved out like 5 or so years ago, I used to go there as a kid all of the time. That and Palermo's, which is right by as well.

I am like in Little Italy of the Southwest suburbs and I love it! Not to mention that my polish side will be enhanced with Bobak's about to arrive.
Chesdan's and Palermo's? We run in the same pizza circles!

Where is the Bobak's going in?

ozzman
09-12-2004, 11:52 AM
clem, let me recommend pops to you. 143rd and wolf road. go there and get yourself a nice sloppy dipped beef.

steff
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM

Also, if Tom Collins is your rep and he did not give you a sky box party he must think you are going to stay with the Sox no matter what. My family has had it for 16 years, but maybe he thought we were not interested anymore since we seemed to be downsizing the last few years.

With all of this talk, I might get tickets again I dunno...I just wish they were closer. Who knows, if I get the right plan and good seats (weekend) maybe I will do it.

We stay for the entire game. And I get up at 4am for work. You make sacrafices for the things you love in life.

steff
09-13-2004, 08:17 AM

Hey.. it's the truth!! :D:

I've missed one planned game this year.. and that was because there was a near tornado in Plainfield at 9am.. and of course by noon it was 80 and sunny.

zach23
09-13-2004, 10:05 AM

Our seats are in the front row of 162, the view is nice from there. We are thinking of doing a full season next year.

alohafri
09-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey.. it's the truth!! :D:

I've missed one planned game this year.. and that was because there was a near tornado in Plainfield at 9am.. and of course by noon it was 80 and sunny.
Somebody made it to that game...