PDA

View Full Version : Steve Stone moving up in the world....

MUsoxfan
09-08-2004, 11:35 PM
I have to say that I'm becoming quite a fan of Steve Stone lately. That's hard for me to say because I usually automatically hate anyone that even sings the 7th inning stretch at the Crumbling Confines because of the fact they have a Cub jersey on. I have a theory that Steve Stone is secretly hoping that the Cubs lose out on the wildcard. I know he hates Moises and a couple other individuals playing on the team. He really is a good announcer and tells it like it is. His quips after ridiculous Chubbie miscues are priceless.

Am I asking too much for him to come back to the southside giving that he's obviously not on the greatest terms with pieces of the Cub organization? He's done it once before.

DrCrawdad
09-09-2004, 12:40 AM
I have to say that I'm becoming quite a fan of Steve Stone lately. That's hard for me to say because I usually automatically hate anyone that even sings the 7th inning stretch at the Crumbling Confines because of the fact they have a Cub jersey on. I have a theory that Steve Stone is secretly hoping that the Cubs lose out on the wildcard. I know he hates Moises and a couple other individuals playing on the team. He really is a good announcer and tells it like it is. His quips after ridiculous Chubbie miscues are priceless.

Am I asking too much for him to come back to the southside giving that he's obviously not on the greatest terms with pieces of the Cub organization? He's done it once before.

From what I read in the paper the other day Stone visited the Hawk & DJ the other day. And from what Stone has said it seems as though he and Reinsdorf are friendly.

Still though, I can't see that happening but oh watching formerly adoring Cubbie fans flip on Stone would be a thing of beauty.

Kogs35
09-09-2004, 12:49 AM
The white sox and cubs have made a trade

Darren "feisty" jackson has been traded to the cubs for Steve Stone, a beer vendor, and a hot chick to be named later

OurBitchinMinny
09-09-2004, 12:55 AM
The white sox and cubs have made a trade

Darren "feisty" jackson has been traded to the cubs for Steve Stone, a beer vendor, and a hot chick to be named later
Can the sox package borchard with DJ? Although of course he might take some of that special juice that sosa took when he went to the north side and turned out a decent career, so who knows. Maybe include valentin too

balke
09-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Can the sox package borchard with DJ? Although of course he might take some of that special juice that sosa took when he went to the north side and turned out a decent career, so who knows. Maybe include valentin too
Borchard's been turning it around.. shhh.

a little secret to people who don't know.... sometimes it takes players time to adjust when they move up to the big leagues.

Valentin sucks though :D: . Then again Oz did make him hit pure lefty all season, so maybe he goes somewhere else hits switch, and raises that average, doubt it, but we'll see.

FightingBillini
09-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Jose chose to go only from the left side this year, Ozzie didnt make him. Last year, Greg Walker floated the idea by Jose, but he didnt follow through until this year.

pinwheels3530
09-09-2004, 02:45 AM
How about Steve Stone teaming with John Rooney on AM 1000.

MUsoxfan
09-09-2004, 02:47 AM
How about Steve Stone teaming with John Rooney on AM 1000.

I don't think I'd ever be able to let go of Farmer. They're such a great 1-2 combo for me. I find myself turning down the TV and turning up the radio for many ChiSox broadcasts.

chuckn98229
09-09-2004, 07:49 AM
From what I read in the paper the other day Stone visited the Hawk & DJ the other day. And from what Stone has said it seems as though he and Reinsdorf are friendly.
He was at the Sox game on Monday (Labor Day). He visited the Seattle booth and was on the air (TV) with the Mariners' announcers for about an inning. Said he needed a baseball fix because the flubbies were idle all weekend because of the hurricane. (He probably needed a baseball fix because his brain is turning to oatmeal from watching the flubs and listening to the hype all season!)

Tekijawa
09-09-2004, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't mind Stone as Bench Coach or GM! He's got a better baseball mind than anyone we have!

Baby Fisk
09-09-2004, 09:04 AM
What I find fascinating and funny is how some Cub fans seem to feel that Caray and Stone are "not positive enough" or even "secretly against" the Cubs (I've seen such comments on message boards). Hell, even some Cub players think so! And yet the Caray-Stone TV commentary is so over-the-top pro-Cubbie it's almost unlistenable. To be fair, Stone takes some shots at Cub blunders, but it's nothing like the Hawk's outraged silences or angery zingers. Anyway, it's like any critical word or thought by Caray & Stone is deemed blasphemous by those ignorant cultists. The delusional sense of entitlement up there is ludicrous. :rolleyes:

kittle42
09-09-2004, 09:30 AM
What I find fascinating and funny is how some Cub fans seem to feel that Caray and Stone are "not positive enough" or even "secretly against" the Cubs (I've seen such comments on message boards). Hell, even some Cub players think so! And yet the Caray-Stone TV commentary is so over-the-top pro-Cubbie it's almost unlistenable. To be fair, Stone takes some shots at Cub blunders, but it's nothing like the Hawk's outraged silences or angery zingers. Anyway, it's like any critical word or thought by Caray & Stone is deemed blasphemous by those ignorant cultists. The delusional sense of entitlement up there is ludicrous. :rolleyes:
If Dusty says it's so it must be true. In Dusty We Trusty.

chuckn98229
09-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Couldn't agree with you more. Last night, Chimp & Stoney were the broadcasters on MLB Extra Innings. Because of my distance from Chicago, I have been very fortunate NOT to have had many opportunities to hear them this year. Until hearing their endless cub-drivel last night, I forgot how obnoxious their cub-cheerleading can be. It's like the whole baseball world revolves around these cub-morons. This player is such a great addition to the cubs, those players just turned the most awesome double-play ever in the history of the game, blah, blah, blah. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so representative of the pathetic nimrods of cubdumb.