PDA

View Full Version : 15 K's in a game

MRKARNO
09-08-2004, 10:57 PM
The White Sox pitching staff got the majority of outs via the K tonight, 15 of them. This is one of the first times in a long time that I can remember the White SOx pitching staff King that many batters in one game. I guess it was just the combo of Garcia, Marte and Cotts, who are all strikeout pitchers who rack up a bunch of K's as well as Shingo who can strike people out when he needs to. Can anyone remember the last time we struck out fifteen of the opponents batters in a nine inning game?

A. Cavatica
09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
The White Sox pitching staff got the majority of outs via the K tonight, 15 of them. This is one of the first times in a long time that I can remember the White SOx pitching staff King that many batters in one game. I guess it was just the combo of Garcia, Marte and Cotts, who are all strikeout pitchers who rack up a bunch of K's as well as Shingo who can strike people out when he needs to. Can anyone remember the last time we struck out fifteen of the opponents batters in a nine inning game?
No...but I bet our batters have done it this season.

DumpJerry
09-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Valentin did it in one inning. Ten different times last week alone!:angry:

DrCrawdad
09-10-2004, 01:34 AM

I heard a few different WSCR recaps of the Sox win. Interestingly not one that I heard mentioned the number of Texas K's. IIRC when the SCORE gives Cubbie game info they usually mention the number of K's the Cub pitcher induced.