PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Win postgame thread

Daver
09-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Managed to make it close again though.

DumpJerry
09-08-2004, 10:58 PM
15 KO's by our pitchers!!!!! Against one of the hottest offenses!!! Too bad it's not June.

JB98
09-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Garcia threw the ball well. That was the most encouraging part of tonight's game. Hopefully, his arm we'll be fine, and he'll be ready for the next start. Despite giving up a HR, Cotts is looking better now than he did throughout most of the season.

Also, how much longer do we have to see Jose Valentin? I feel Jose has done more good than bad in his years with the Sox, but he has been absolutely miserable since the All-Star break. The man hasn't homered since August 9. It's time for him to take a seat.

Soxzilla
09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Thats a white sox winner!

Can someone PLEASE make me a photoshop pic of Trammel Sledge proclaiming him the "Official cubs playoff killer"? Kind of like the jose manos cubs killer one?:cool: :bandance:

batmanZoSo
09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Garcia threw the ball well. That was the most encouraging part of tonight's game. Hopefully, his arm we'll be fine, and he'll be ready for the next start. Despite giving up a HR, Cotts is looking better now than he did throughout most of the season.

Also, how much longer do we have to see Jose Valentin? I feel Jose has done more good than bad in his years with the Sox, but he has been absolutely miserable since the All-Star break. The man hasn't homered since August 9. It's time for him to take a seat.
Yeah he's been the definition of streaky this year. Back in June he was hitting one out almost every day and was up to about .279 in batting average. Ever since we played the cubs he's been horrible. He's been a good player to have for many reasons, gave us a lot of good memories, clutch hitter, but we so need to let him go. Cristian Guzman time if you ask me. Or someone in that cut, make a trade if you have to.

Randar68
09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah he's been the definition of streaky this year. Back in June he was hitting one out almost every day and was up to about .279 in batting average. Ever since we played the cubs he's been horrible. He's been a good player to have for many reasons, gave us a lot of good memories, clutch hitter, but we so need to let him go. Cristian Guzman time if you ask me. Or someone in that cut, make a trade if you have to.
Guzman might be the only SS on the market who has a good likelihood of having a lower OBP than Jose. No. Thanks.

mealfred13
09-08-2004, 11:46 PM
I'd rather see Uribe there. He'll be gold glove material after a while starting at short.....you'll see.

Soxzilla
09-08-2004, 11:54 PM
I'd rather see Uribe there. He'll be gold glove material after a while starting at short.....you'll see.
And I garuantee he'll hit much better next year when frank thomas is back in the lineup. As well as the free agent big bopper we hopefully sign.

jordan23ventura
09-09-2004, 04:38 AM
And I garuantee he'll hit much better next year when frank thomas is back in the lineup. As well as the free agent big bopper we hopefully sign.
Beltre!!!

SSN721
09-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Just nice to see a win and good performance byt the staff. I thought that Garcia coming back and pitching the way he did was great. Didnt gain any ground but guess it probably doesnt matter. I would just like to see this team at least finish above .500 if we accomplish nothing more.

misty60481
09-09-2004, 09:21 AM
I saw Everette limp of the field looks like he pulled something, any word,? I also see R. Alamar is being checked for bad back, guess old age catching up. They said Pollite might not make it back this year also Shoey, maybe we better look into n bigger minor league call-up..I would like to see them call up Nelson I know he is 30 yr. old but maybe the way he can hit we could get a couple of good years out of him and draft good infielder for our future