PDA

View Full Version : Marte to starat?!

mike squires
09-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Did I miss something? According to Whitesox.com they have Marte starting against Texas tomorrow. Have the papers or Hawk said anything about it? I'm sure it's a missprint. Thought I'd bring it up.

balke
09-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Did I miss something? According to Whitesox.com they have Marte starting against Texas tomorrow. Have the papers or Hawk said anything about it? I'm sure it's a missprint. Thought I'd bring it up.

it's ozzie, who knows

MRKARNO
09-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Doubtful, seeing that he pitched 20 pitches in relief tonight. ESPN says Buehrle. Though it might be an intersting experiment to see if he could start for us.

voodoochile
09-08-2004, 10:46 PM
got to be a typo. He just finished throwing an inning or so tonight...

santo=dorf
09-08-2004, 10:53 PM
When you go to MLB.com it shows who is currently pitching in the game. Unless shingo is pitching tomorrow!!!!

Brian26
09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
When you go to MLB.com it shows who is currently pitching in the game. Unless shingo is pitching tomorrow!!!!
Yep. Exactly correct. It's the current pitcher.

Buehrle will pitch for us tomorrow.

faneidde
09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Wow, moving our only reliable lefty in the bullpen to the rotation would be a really bad move.
:jerry

"Hey, I think its a great idea. Not as good as skipping your ace in the rotation to get to you fifth guy in Yankee Stadium, but almost."

stl_sox_fan
09-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Wow, moving our only reliable lefty in the bullpen to the rotation would be a really bad move.
:jerry

"Hey, I think its a great idea. Not as good as skipping your ace in the rotation to get to you fifth guy in Yankee Stadium, but almost." Reliable is a relative term when compared to Cotts.

HITMEN OF 77
09-09-2004, 12:46 PM
It's correct now, Buehrle vs Young. on whitesox.com

Gosox1917
09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Is it just me or would anyone else like to see Damaso start?... you know for poops and giggles. Why not have Timo Perez be out closer then too. Garland can play the outfield for the game...prolly be better out there than on the mound anyway.:D:

Sox record with Kovatch in attendance in 2004:
5-0 baby!

DSpivack
09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Is it just me or would anyone else like to see Damaso start?... you know for poops and giggles. Why not have Timo Perez be out closer then too. Garland can play the outfield for the game...prolly be better out there than on the mound anyway.:D:

5-0 baby!
As long as we're at it, why not put Joey, Ozzie, and Harold in a game? Would it really matter?

he_gone_89
09-09-2004, 07:29 PM
i read in the sun times at the end of last season,that damaso asked if he could start in spring training,i doubt it if that actually took place though. didn't he come up to the big leagues as a starter/long reliever??

Mohoney
09-09-2004, 07:37 PM

5-0 baby!
I don't think Marte would be a good starter, for one reason. His sidearm angle would lose its deceptiveness by the time batters get a 3rd look at him.