PDA

View Full Version : My Sox Short List

soxwon
09-08-2004, 05:37 PM
these are the guys i demand the sox go after, they must get two of these atleast.
who do you think are the most likely two?

pedro martinez
matt clement
alfonso soriano (rumour has it for garland)
raul ibanez
carlos beltran
ichiro
ivan rodriguez
nomar
randy johnson
omar vizquel (rumours have it he might come to us)

kittle42
09-08-2004, 05:49 PM
these are the guys i demand the sox go after, they must get two of these atleast.

pedro martinez
matt clement
raul ibanez
carlos beltran
ichiro
ivan rodriguez
nomar
randy johnson
None and none and can we stop with the damn pipedream threads already? These are worse than the win 20 in a row threads.

soxwon
09-08-2004, 05:53 PM
None and none and can we stop with the damn pipedream threads already? These are worse than the win 20 in a row threads.
Quotes the non optomist!!!

everyone of these players are all possibilities.
who do you think we should go after john lieber?
or even John Jeter!!!

i know we will get one atleast.

JB98
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM

pedro martinez
matt clement
raul ibanez
carlos beltran
ichiro
ivan rodriguez
nomar
randy johnson

Most of these are pipe dreams, but I'd say Ibanez, Vizquel and Clement are possibilities. I'd stay away from Clement though, because he's been battling through various ailments throughout the year. Eventually, he might suffer something serious.

MUsoxfan
09-09-2004, 12:30 AM

pedro martinez
matt clement
raul ibanez
carlos beltran
ichiro
ivan rodriguez
nomar
randy johnson

You must be out of your mind. Vizquel is the only likely contender. He's solid, but old. We have little ability to snag any of the other guys because of a lack of cash and most likely their lack of desire to play for us. I'd love Pedro, but he'll be a Yankee. The Chubs will resign Clement. Ibanez isn't out of the question, but his numbers are less than great. Beltran will be a Yankee. Ichiro will never leave Seattle. Pudge will stay in Detroit (Plus we have what I feel to be decent catchers) Nomar will be in SoCal, Randy is too old and overpriced. I admire your wish list, but Santa will be delivering us a bag of coal this year.

FightingBillini
09-09-2004, 02:29 AM
You must be out of your mind. Vizquel is the only likely contender. He's solid, but old. We have little ability to snag any of the other guys because of a lack of cash and most likely their lack of desire to play for us. I'd love Pedro, but he'll be a Yankee. The Chubs will resign Clement. Ibanez isn't out of the question, but his numbers are less than great. Beltran will be a Yankee. Ichiro will never leave Seattle. Pudge will stay in Detroit (Plus we have what I feel to be decent catchers) Nomar will be in SoCal, Randy is too old and overpriced. I admire your wish list, but Santa will be delivering us a bag of coal this year.
I would bet a large sum of money that Pedro wont be a Yankee. He threw that comment out to rile up the Red Sox, but I could see him going anywhere BUT New York. He genuinely hates the Yankees. The Cubs dont have a shot at resigning Clement, he will be making $7-9mil next year, and they are stingy. Pudge is signed through 07 with an option for 08. Sadly, Nomar will end up staying with the Cubs. Randy Johnson will he high on KW's list. The problem is not putting together a package to get him (though it would be challenging), its getting him to want to play for a team where he would earn more than 1/4 of its payroll. If the Sox up their payroll to $85mil this year, then Johnson would want to come here. However, we are more likely to be invaded by those damn dirty apes than Reinsdorf is to spend $100million.
:reinsy
"Are you kidding me? $100million in payroll? You mean through 2007, right?"

kittle42
09-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Which of these are we most likely to sign/trade for:

Randy Johnson
Curt Schilling
Johan Santana
Mark Mulder
Carlos Zambrano
Eric Gagne
Mariano Rivera
Manny Ramirez
Alex Rodriguez
Derek Jeter
Vlad Guerrero
Carlos Beltran
Ichiro Suzuki
Larry Walker
Jim Edmonds
Albert Pujlos
Scott Rolen

Come on, we can get one or more!
:dtroll:

Baby Fisk
09-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Which of these are we most likely to sign/trade for:

Randy Johnson
Curt Schilling
Johan Santana
Mark Mulder
Carlos Zambrano
Eric Gagne
Mariano Rivera
Manny Ramirez
Alex Rodriguez
Derek Jeter
Vlad Guerrero
Carlos Beltran
Ichiro Suzuki
Larry Walker
Jim Edmonds
Albert Pujlos
Scott Rolen

Come on, we can get one or more!
Please please please let's get Derek Jeter! John Kruk says that's who we should build a franchise around. And let's get Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens and Nolan Ryan (he's very good with conditioning so he would be ready to pitch on opening day). And let's finally bury the hatchet with Carlton Fisk and put him back behind the plate full time so he can take back the HR record from Piazza. And let's all chip in so that the next phase of stadium renovations can include that long-promised time machine so we can go back in time and win every playoff series ever! Then we will rule the world and the devastated descendants of Cub and Yankee fans will wander the darkened earth, worshipping our likenesses!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1726
"Yes..."
"Damn straight!"

soxwon
09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
so what are we going to do with the extra 30+ mil
we have available to spend after trading konerko and dumping lee, and maggs

we have plenty of $

kittle42
09-09-2004, 06:42 PM
so what are we going to do with the extra 30+ mil
we have available to spend after trading konerko and dumping lee, and maggs

we have plenty of $
First, Konerko and Lee are going nowhere.

Second, there is no "extra" money when it comes to JR.....

:reinsy
"soxwon, that extra money goes into my pocket. Listen to your fellow fans. See you at the park!"