PDA

View Full Version : The Astros are insane

pudge
09-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Up 5-1 in the first inning today.

HomeFish
09-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Up 5-1 in the first inning today.

All 5 runs coming on the longball. Biggio, Bagwell, Berkman, and a two-run shot by Mike Lamb.

Who did the Reds send out, Felix Diaz?

Baby Fisk
09-08-2004, 01:47 PM
The most recent Stros-Cubs series revealed the level of animosity between those two teams. The Stros are playing like a gang of demons. They want to beat the Cubs even more than some people here want the Cubs to lose! :o:

thepaulbowski
09-08-2004, 01:48 PM
The most recent Stros-Cubs series revealed the level of animosity between those two teams. The Stros are playing like a gang of demons. They want to beat the Cubs even more than some people here want the Cubs to lose! :o:
The Cubs may regret being the spark that lit the fire.

HebrewHammer
09-08-2004, 01:50 PM
The 'Stros have all caught fire at the same time, you know, like the White Sox never did.

balke
09-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Completely

Useless

By

September

is Pettite still out for season?

HebrewHammer
09-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Completely

Useless

By

September

is Pettite still out for season?I believe he and Wade Miller are both done.

maurice
09-08-2004, 02:22 PM
What will the cubtastic Chicago media talk about after their "sure-to-win-the-WS cubbies" finish in third place, 20+ games out?

Welcome back to the decades of "wait 'til next year" and "how 'bout them Bears," cub fans. At least you managed back-to-back .500+ seasons!

:gulp:

balke
09-08-2004, 02:32 PM
What will the cubtastic Chicago media talk about after their "sure-to-win-the-WS cubbies" finish in third place, 20+ games out?
:gulp:
Same thing they always talk about "It's not our fault, there's this billy goat that was here, and there's this guy in the stands that won't let us catch the ball, and the baseball gods are always picking on us and noone else, look how many injuries we had!! :whiner: "

fledgedrallycap
09-08-2004, 02:44 PM
The Astros are doing exactly what the Cubs did last year; hang around for 3/4 of the year and then just catch fire and ride into the post-season.

Frater Perdurabo
09-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Does having worked at a job in Texas for five years make me a Texan? Even if not, I still root for the Texas teams whenever I can, unless they are playing the White Sox (of course). I'm already reasonbly secure on the Senior Circuit side as my other favorite NL team, the Cardinals, has the Central all but wrapped up.

Even putting my Cubs-hating aside, nothing makes me happier than to see the Astros catch fire. It would be so great if the Astros pass and lap the Cubs for the Wild Card spot. :bandance:

santo=dorf
09-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I believe he and Wade Miller are both done.
Miller might come back in the bullpen for the last two weeks of the season.:smile:

santo=dorf
09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Same thing they always talk about "It's not our fault, there's this billy goat that was here, and there's this guy in the stands that won't let us catch the ball, and the baseball gods are always picking on us and noone else, look how many injuries we had!! :whiner: "
Maybe they'll destroy the ball that beaned Oswalt.

DumpJerry
09-08-2004, 03:40 PM
The most recent Stros-Cubs series revealed the level of animosity between those two teams. The Stros are playing like a gang of demons. They want to beat the Cubs even more than some people here want the Cubs to lose! :o:That's impossible. Nobody, NOBODY wants the Flubs to lose more than us.

Baby Fisk
09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
WOOT WOOT! Stros win 12 in a row! Tied for the Wild Card! Can you believe it, Jimy Williams?! :bandance:

LongLiveFisk
09-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Even putting my Cubs-hating aside, nothing makes me happier than to see the Astros catch fire. It would be so great if the Astros pass and lap the Cubs for the Wild Card spot. :bandance:

Oh, as far as I'm concerned, you can put THAT on the board! :wink:

Right, Hawk?

:hawk
"12 in a row? MERCY!"

StepsInSC
09-08-2004, 09:01 PM
What was the furthest they were back this year?

This is absolutely insane.

WinningUgly!
09-08-2004, 10:23 PM
What was the furthest they were back this year?

This is absolutely insane.I'm not sure, but they were 4 games under .500 on August 15th!:wired: