PDA

View Full Version : Articles Postulating a Sox Natural Law

Baby Fisk
09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Just finished reading the second Fallen Arches column describing the H. Vickery Law: "When Anything Good Happens to the Sox, Disaster Will Follow."

I agree that natural law (empirical) is much stronger -- and harder to overcome -- than a curse (psychological). Thus...

Are we truly ****ed?! :(:

soxrme
09-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Hal, you should add Carlos May blowing the tip of his thumb off. Natural born hitter who was never the same. Also Harold Baines blowing out his knees and could never field again. He covered right very well and had a great arm.

TornLabrum
09-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Just finished reading the second Fallen Arches column describing the H. Vickery Law: "When Anything Good Happens to the Sox, Disaster Will Follow."

I agree that natural law (empirical) is much stronger -- and harder to overcome -- than a curse (psychological). Thus...

Are we truly ****ed?! :(:All you have to do is answer the following question: "How long has it been since we won the World Series? Yup, we are.

Hal, you should add Carlos May blowing the tip of his thumb off. Natural born hitter who was never the same. Also Harold Baines blowing out his knees and could never field again. He covered right very well and had a great arm.
The list could go on and on. I invite other readers to cite their own examples.

santo=dorf
09-07-2004, 10:07 PM
All you have to do is answer the following question: "How long has it been since we won the World Series? Yup, we are.

Jason Bere, Jim Parque, Cal Eldred.

TornLabrum
09-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Jason Bere, Jim Parque, Cal Eldred.
Seems like the biggest disaster, though, is the one in your sig!:)

kitekrazy
09-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Greg Walker, Ron Kittle.

Shoeless Joe
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Southpaw and Poppy Hidalgo...those mascots brought nothing but bad luck.

batmanZoSo
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
All you have to do is answer the following question: "How long has it been since we won the World Series? Yup, we are.

About a month ago a guy named Joe Crede capped a great comeback game with a walk off homer. I told my friend after that happened that we were gonna get hot and run away with the division. It was the pinnacle of the season and we had Minnesota coming up in two days. As it turned out, the Sox surprisingly couldn't ride the momentum from the big homer, lost the series finale and the six subsequent games, then just for good measures--and to eliminate all hope--went on to lose 20 of their next 28. The end. Wait til next year, again.

bigfoot
09-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Brian Downing blowing out a knee on opening day. And who could forget the Jaime Navarro era?

StillMissOzzie
09-08-2004, 01:37 AM
A cetain future manager, playing SS, ripping up a knee by getting tangled with LF Tim Raines.

SMO
:angry:

StillMissOzzie
09-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Greg Walker, Ron Kittle.
Especially Kittle in the 1983 ALCS

SMO
:angry: :angry: :angry:

SoxxoS
09-08-2004, 02:08 AM
It's all about Ozzieball.

Or Jose-Maria Olazabal. Either or.