PDA

View Full Version : I think I know who KW will sign as a FA

gosox41
09-07-2004, 10:54 AM
I was reading Gammons column about potential free agents this off season. He was going through guys that have hurt/helped themselves with strong or weak seasons. And it got me thinking. The Sox have made comments about signing a closer for next year. And we all know the Sox are cheap and like washed up players.

So my prediction is that the Sox go after Troy Percival. He can be Billy Koch II without the bad goatee.

Here's what Gammons had to say:

"There will never be any question about this man's heart, but the injuries over the years have taken him back from the 97-mph range to 91-92. Any team who wants someone to accept the responsibility of the ninth inning will want Percival."

Sounds like a perfect KW signing. Does this sound familiar? Too bad it wouldn't do a damn thing to improve the team.

Here's the link to the article for those who care:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1875672

Bob

OG4LIFE
09-07-2004, 10:58 AM
you have a very good point... i think KW has learned from some of his past trades, and IMO, as of late has gotten the better of a few trades...

i think he has gotten better, and will only get percival if the price is right (4-5 mil)

what do you think percival is worth?

JRIG
09-07-2004, 11:13 AM
you have a very good point... i think KW has learned from some of his past trades, and IMO, as of late has gotten the better of a few trades...

i think he has gotten better, and will only get percival if the price is right (4-5 mil)

what do you think percival is worth?
Less than that. He can't go more than an inning and his K-rate has dropped a bunch over the past 2 years. Anything more than -- oh, I don't know -- $2 million or so is a pretty big risk IMHO.

SOXSINCE'70
09-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Any possibility of acquiring Francisco "Frankie" Rodriguez ?? :rolling: :rolling: