PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Yan

Brian26
09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
What's the story with this kid? Haven't heard anything about him lately (albeit I haven't followed this board much).

Rex Hudler
09-06-2004, 12:43 PM
What's the story with this kid? Haven't heard anything about him lately (albeit I haven't followed this board much).
Not really a prospect..... He has had a decent year but I don't see him making it in the big leagues. He is tiny and prone to wearing down. He has good speed and plays solid defense. He could make it as a backup, but I just don't see enough in him to be a big league 2B.

Chisoxfn
09-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Not really a prospect..... He has had a decent year but I don't see him making it in the big leagues. He is tiny and prone to wearing down. He has good speed and plays solid defense. He could make it as a backup, but I just don't see enough in him to be a big league 2B. However, if he learns to work better on slapping, he's got a small shot of figuring things out, imo. This year was definately a step back in Bham. Rex, was Ruddy banged up most of the year or was it just for the early part?

All I know his speed alone gives him a shot.

Rex Hudler
09-06-2004, 02:39 PM
However, if he learns to work better on slapping, he's got a small shot of figuring things out, imo. This year was definately a step back in Bham. Rex, was Ruddy banged up most of the year or was it just for the early part?

All I know his speed alone gives him a shot.
He just wears down when playing every day. His speed has allowed him to hit .270, making him a .240 hitter with the bat. If his bat were good enough to hit .270 with his speed adding 30 points, then he might make it. Anything can happen, I just don't see him making it in the bigs.