PDA

View Full Version : Big Willies 1st Homerun this year

row18
09-06-2004, 01:36 AM
Way to go Willie, nice shot take a curtain call.

WikdChiSoxFan
09-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Wasn't there a pole regarding when this would happen? I think the cutoff was 131 games into the season of something.

I remember Willie getting robbed in KC (I believe) and then hitting it off the top of the fence in Comiskey.

Big Willie Rocks!

bafiarocks03
09-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Yea good Job William!! :D: I was soo happy for him!!!:bandance:

Blueprint1
09-06-2004, 02:22 PM
I hope this guy is gone after the season. HE SUCKS

owensmouth
09-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Another solo home run. All of Willie's home runs are solo jobs.

misty60481
09-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Anyone who bats over has over 350 ABs and only 1 hr doesnt deserve to wear a major league uniform especially at the Cell, it is another example of JR cheapness refusing to pay for a good 2nd baseman...

bafiarocks03
09-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey! whoa!! people! Willie isn't a home run hitter! there is nothing wrong with that!!

ZachAL
09-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Wasn't there a pole regarding when this would happen? I think the cutoff was 131 games into the season of something.

I remember Willie getting robbed in KC (I believe) and then hitting it off the top of the fence in Comiskey.

Big Willie Rocks!
Willie hitting the top of the fence in comiskey was against the royals also, just like when he got robbed....something about them royals

BarbG
09-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I hope this guy is gone after the season. HE SUCKS

Way more to a player than the homerun.

I seem to remember a much-beloved former Sox SS whose career high was 4 homeruns in a season... :smile:

Blueprint1
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Way more to a player than the homerun.

I seem to remember a much-beloved former Sox SS whose career high was 4 homeruns in a season... :smile:
He doesn't suck because he doesn't hit homeruns he is just a crappy player

DumpJerry
09-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Anyone who bats over has over 350 ABs and only 1 hr doesnt deserve to wear a major league uniform especially at the Cell, it is another example of JR cheapness refusing to pay for a good 2nd baseman...:angry: Now, this is the kind of thinking that got us into our current mess. What I am referring to is this "we need a homer every time we're at bat" thinking. We must, must get away from the long ball way of thinking and start thinking timely hits, advancing the runner, etc.

'nuff said.

SoxFan76
09-06-2004, 09:12 PM
:angry: Now, this is the kind of thinking that got us into our current mess. What I am referring to is this "we need a homer every time we're at bat" thinking. We must, must get away from the long ball way of thinking and start thinking timely hits, advancing the runner, etc.

'nuff said.
A guy like Willie can make stuff happen. Whether it be a single to start a rally, or taking the extra base with his speed. JR has brainwashed you into thinking HRs mean everything. They don't.