PDA

View Full Version : WSI marketing idea

DumpJerry
09-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Ok, this may not belong in the Clubhouse, but I'm sure it will get reassigned if necessary.

Whenever I go to a game and I see the real serious Sox fans (you know, the ones who are really into the baseball aspects and otherwise not acting like a dumb, drunk Flub fan), I wonder if I'm looking at a WSI person. We sit here and read our deepest thoughts and fears about the team and yet you could be sitting next to me at a game and not know it and strike up a conversation about the game or tell me I'm crazy for something I said here. If you knew you were sitting near someone whose postings you read here, wouldn't you want to know so you can talk shop with him/her if you were so inclined?

Here is my proposal: Sell WSI shirts with our WSI screen names on the back. We would be able to recognize each other and be able to talk verbally and not just with our fingers.

What do people think of this? It would be nice to put faces with some of the names here and it is purely voluntary.:smile:

munchman33
09-05-2004, 09:59 PM
I'd buy one.

Soxzilla
09-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Me too. But I wont be going to any sox games until mid season next year...supposing we have put a decent product on the field, and are well in charge of first place in the central:).

BTW, I only sit in teh club section.:smile: If your gonna do it, you gotta do it right.

DumpJerry
09-05-2004, 10:08 PM
I just had a funny thought. What if Ozzie or a player showed up at a post game press conf with a WSI shirt on with the name of a prolific poster on his back?:rolleyes:

manuelsucks
09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
That would be super sweet. I'd get one in a heartbeat. Even though I don't post all the time, I'd still like to talk to a fellow WSIer at a game if I saw them there.

WSox8404
09-05-2004, 11:59 PM
I would get one in a heartbeat. WSox8404 on the back. Sweet idea!

JGarlandrules20
09-06-2004, 02:27 AM
I just had a funny thought. What if Ozzie or a player showed up at a post game press conf with a WSI shirt on with the name of a prolific poster on his back?:rolleyes:Lol, that would be so crazy.

As for the shirt idea, I most likely wouldnt get one.. but its a cool idea.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-06-2004, 07:18 AM
LOL! WSI has been selling t-shirts for over two years now. Visit the WSI Shop (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Shop/index.htm)link at the top and bottom of every message board page (including this one) and see for yourself.

The back of every shirt is plain. Do what you want with it, not that you need to do anything since everyone will know you're from WSI by the logo and slogan already printed on the front of the shirt... by I digress.

:bandance:

Realist
09-06-2004, 07:43 AM
So I was on my way to work Sunday nite, but I was starvin' like Marvin and I had to grab a bite before I got to the bar. On my way I passed Wendy's and Popeye's but I kinda missed my turn for Wendy's and Popeye's was closed, so I decided to drive up Broadway (yeah, that's right. I was right by the Urinal) and see what might be opened. It was damn near 1am and I noticed that Windy City Gyros was open. So in I went. Once inside I saw one of the semi-regulars to the bar I work at, Jason, ordering some food with a couple of buddies of his. I ended up grabbing my tray of greasy food and plopping down in a booth next to Jason and his two friends. The conversation shifted to baseball. Jason is a Cubs fan, but he's a really nice guy so I let him live, but I quickly learn that his two friends are White Sox fans. As the conversation goes deeper into the dynamics of the team and even a little bit of the Sox history, I realised that these guys are hardcore Sox fans. What sealed it for me is when I told them that I once hung out with James Baldwin all nite pounding Guiness when he first came up. I told them how I asked JB about what the hell was wrong with Ruffcorn. When they both groaned I knew there was a good chance these guys I was serendipiteously breaking bread with in the middle of the nite could very well be brother members of WSI. So I asked them, "Do you guys go to any of the White Sox message boards on line?" They replyed, "Yes, WSI". :smile: I asked them their names and it turns out that they are none other than SSN721 and Sell Jerry Sell! I told them that I'm Realist, we discussed the nature of a few members that we might consider to be nutso maniacs and off we went on our seperate ways.

The point of my story is - If we had our WSI t-shirts on, I wouldn't have had to spend 10 minutes wondering if these two very cool Sox fans were members of WSI.

Fun times. WSI members are everywhere! (It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it)

idseer
09-06-2004, 08:25 AM
I told them that I'm Realist, we discussed the nature of a few members that we might consider to be nutso maniacs and off we went on our seperate ways.

Fun times. WSI members are everywhere! (It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it)
not sure i like being refered to as a 'nutso maniac'. :tongue:

it is a neat idea, but i would imagine it would be kind of costly to customize each and every shirt that way.

Realist
09-06-2004, 08:34 AM
not sure i like being refered to as a 'nutso maniac'. :tongue:

it is a neat idea, but i would imagine it would be kind of costly to customize each and every shirt that way.
If anybody ever calls you a nutso maniac, run with it Baby! I've been doing it for years.:redneck

As for the shirts, that's easy enough. Buy a shirt from WSI and shoot over to your nearest t-shirt store. I'm sure they can throw a moniker on the back of it fairly cheaply.

SouthSideHitman
09-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I generally do wear my "Totally Biased Sox Fan" shirt when I go to Comiskey, so I'm definitly on board with all this. It'd be a great idea because I hate it when I try to strike up a conversation with someone and they end up saying something like "oh, i got these tickets free from work, I'm really more of a cubs fan" or something along those lines. I say if you don't mind talking with some fellow nuts, go get a shirt, we can all afford the $20 for something that most of us use everyday.

GiveMeSox
09-06-2004, 04:09 PM
That would be super sweet. I'd get one in a heartbeat. Even though I don't post all the time, I'd still like to talk to a fellow WSIer at a game if I saw them there.
That would be awsome. Just imagine after awhile we would become like the elite group of sox fans at the stadium. Everyone would be like "whoa there got the WSI'ers, the most diehard knowledgable sox fans". We could become media story, the presidents of sox fandom. Haha, i love it.

idseer
09-06-2004, 04:12 PM
That would be awsome. Just imagine after awhile we would become like the elite group of sox fans at the stadium. Everyone would be like "whoa there got the WSI'ers, the most diehard knowledgable sox fans". We could become media story, the presidents of sox fandom. Haha, i love it.on the other hand .... do you want to go around all dressed alike like some kinda bowling team? instead of "whoa there got the WSI'ers, the most diehard knowledgable sox fans" they just might be snickering. :smile:

Kuzman
09-06-2004, 11:10 PM
i always wear my perfect day t-shirt when i go to the games.. i usually have it under a jersey but the jersey is wide open so it is visible.. i love that shirt

WSox8404
09-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey mods, I don't know if you guys like this idea or not, but it seems to be popular. Can I suggest something? Well I know I can suggest it, but I don't know if it will be shot down. Can you make something like this thread stuck at the top of the thread page? I think that if we get a sign up going on who would want a personalized shirt with their screename on the back you would get a pretty big sign up. If we can get even a hundred members to have these shirts by next season it would be pretty cool. And its not really about promoting per se. It is more like the friendly thing. Going to the park and seeing MRKARNO on the back of a shirt or Voodoochile would be pretty cool. Good baseball conversations would then follow. So please do not make fun of me too much if you don't like the idea. It just seems that a lot of people would like this.

jabrch
09-07-2004, 06:54 AM
I wear my Hell Yeah T-shirt a lot to the games - but it is usually under a jersey.