PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox sweep postgame thread

Daver
09-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Woo-Hoo

SomebodyToldMe
09-05-2004, 05:37 PM
I think this is what they call a "winning streak".

Frankfan4life
09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Wow! Three wins in a row. Is this the winning streak we've been waiting for?

mrzerofan
09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Congrats to Felix!

:sweep

balke
09-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Diaz, in the 7's! era-wise. Seen enough of him now oz?

AddisonStSox
09-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Alright! Bring on Texas, um...errr, wait, nevermind.

SoxEd
09-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Woo-Hoo
What he said.

Now, all we have to do is win all the games on our 7-game AL West road trip to catch up with those Twins before murdering them in their place and claiming back our rightful lead in the ALC.... D'Oh!

(Then again, purely on a Law-of-Averages basis, surely it's time we beat up on the Western Division?)

balke
09-05-2004, 05:49 PM
What he said.

Now, all we have to do is win all the games on our 7-game AL West road trip to catch up with those Twins before murdering them in their place and claiming back our rightful lead in the ALC.... D'Oh!

(Then again, purely on a Law-of-Averages basis, surely it's time we beat up on the Western Division?)
At least we're not the only team that can take a beating from KC. Let's hope grilli don't choke tomorrow, get back to contreras so maybe we could win 5 straight for like the first time all season

HITMEN OF 77
09-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Not too much I like more than beating Peattle. I now will have bragging rights with all my friends. Stupid side note however. Since WGN didn't have the game today I had to watch it on Fox Sports NW with the dumb M's broadcasters. In the 3rd inning, they had Steve Stone come up to the booth for a while. The first thing Dave Neihaus, M's broadcaster says "you and Chip are the talk of the town." What a bunch of idiots!

TDog
09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Sox won Saturday's game when Seattle runner was thrown out trying to go from first to thrid on a single with two outs. Today Seattle managed only one run in six innings against a rookie pitcher who came into the game with an ERA over 9.

A lot of people who post here believe it's only the Sox that play that way.

Nard
09-05-2004, 06:28 PM
The Sox are the only team that have led the division after the All-Star break that play that way. That good?

DumpJerry
09-05-2004, 08:21 PM
I Was there. Was pleased by the size of the crowd (30,000), larger than I expected. Very pleased with Diaz. Maybe he is getting his confidence in the bigs and will be able to contribute in a positive way and allow the Sox to make Judy sweat it out for his position next season.............

DumpJerry
09-05-2004, 08:48 PM
BTW, on Baseball Tonight after the game today, they said Paulee should have been on the All Star team. I hear drug testing will be done for the show's crew.....last time they will be allowed to say something good about the Sox...

Fungo
09-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Nice to get a sweep, it's been awhile. Diaz looked very good. A few mistakes , but over-all, very solid.

santo=dorf
09-05-2004, 11:40 PM
The first thing Dave Neihaus, M's broadcaster says "you and Chip are the talk of the town." What a bunch of idiots!
Well they are making national news for upsetting Cubs players with their comments on opposing players. Did Stone say anything about that?

HITMEN OF 77
09-06-2004, 03:11 AM
Well they are making national news for upsetting Cubs players with their comments on opposing players. Did Stone say anything about that?
Nope. Stone talked about how great the Cubs pitching is, how great the Cubs are doing this year, how great the Cubs vs Cards games are and said its nice to play the Sox because the fans love it.

CallMeNuts
09-06-2004, 09:41 AM
1) With Grilli in the rotation, Felix isn't the 5th starter (at the moment).
2) Now that the rosters are expanded, Felix doesn't have to worry about a trip back to Charlotte.
3) Less pressure when you are 9.5 back.
4) Seattle is mathematically eliminated.

I hope there are more positive experiences for Felix this September, because he does have the stuff to succeed in the bigs. He just needs to learn that he can.