PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr.

Jjav829
09-05-2004, 11:01 AM
I don't know if anyone was just watching SportsCenter, but they had a piece about Griffey and his relationship with the family of one of the firefighters who did in 9/11. It was a great piece. I can't really do justice to it by describing it here, so I'll just recommend that everyone try to check out SC and watch the piece. It should be on tonight's SC and the ones that are repeated the next morning.

It reaffirms my belief that regardless of what some people might say about Griffey, he really is a great guy.

LuvSox
09-05-2004, 11:46 AM
I've heard about this before, other shows have done it. It's a very good story.

fquaye149
09-05-2004, 02:39 PM
i don't understand why there has been over recent years so much anti-griffey sentiment.

He doesn't shoot his mouth and he has always played the game as it should be played, at least as i see it. maybe i'm missing something. . .

or maybe it's just pettiness.

nitetrain8601
09-05-2004, 04:00 PM
I agree. I've always been a fan of him.

Palehose13
09-05-2004, 05:51 PM
i don't understand why there has been over recent years so much anti-griffey sentiment.

He doesn't shoot his mouth and he has always played the game as it should be played, at least as i see it. maybe i'm missing something. . .

Yep. Griffey, Jr. has always been my favorite non-Sox player. He always seems to be a class act. It is a shame that he became injury-prone. It would be scary to think what his career numbers would be if he wasn't on the DL so often.

RKMeibalane
09-05-2004, 07:46 PM

The media loves to kick people when they're down. We've seen it happen with Frank. We've seen it happen with Michael Jordan. Several other athletes have experienced something similar during the course of their careers. There are too many to name.

voodoochile
09-05-2004, 07:57 PM

He had a triple whammy...

He signed for less than market value (what an idiot) to play for his home team and then failed to perform because he got injured (what a clutz) and thus broke our hearts by not living up to our expectations based on his name and his early success (what an *******).

WHarris13
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Wow...
Junior was always my favorite player since I was 7 or so and that piece gave me goosebumps.

:Rocker:Jr.